A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 Garden-a-long?  (Read 9366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010 11:03:46 PM »

wow! go tomatoes go!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010 01:18:46 PM »

I should have taken photos when I first got to the garden this morning and there were still some clouds. Also should have worn sunscreen.

Barely visible beans (edamame and yardlong var "stickless wonder"). Have not had bean success yet.

In the tent: red russian kale, snow pea shoots (dou miao), also some kohlrabi in the background

Something is eating things on the other side of the tent (young chinese cabbage, gai lan)

More in the tent: chinese celery

artichoke victory! the big one is on the counter waiting for my dinner.

The other plot; tomatoes (I am stringing them this year), brandywine and red cherry. Also some small hot peppers.

The out of control herb area. I've forgotten what everything is. There are some garlic, wormwood, catmint, horehound, and a few other things visible there. Not pictured are anise, tarragon, thyme, some more mint, rue, and half a dozen more things.

Strawberry patch. Got the first ripe berries today while weeding.

Land of the squash. Foreground, zucchini (left), baby hybrid kabocha (right). Distant background, blue hubbard (left), Indian tinda (right). Also some giant catnip and volunteer sunflowers.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010 01:43:08 PM »

looks great! Cheesy im also having some trouble with little buggers on my broccoli, im not sure how to shoo them without using anything harmful, im going to have to look into that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
homeonline
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2010 09:09:10 PM »

Gardening is my passion before I got job. Since I work in the urban area and rent some apartment. Its difficult for me to plant seeds so I have now in balcony 2 potted tomatoes and a Bonsai. If I still have area to place for a flower pot. I would continue my flower potted plant.

vinyl fabrics
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2010 05:59:34 AM »

Wow in the last week, my cucumbers have taken off like crazy! They have so many cucumbers now. And we have a TON of tomatoes. Also, our pumpkin seedlings came up, so we should have the perfect pumpkins right at Halloween. So excited!

My fiance planted beetberry, which seems to be doing pretty well. Has anyone had any experience with these plants?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2010 06:42:23 PM »

We may get a frost tonight, and although I put covers over most everything, I thought I'd take photos in case there is mass slaughter.

Squashland, which has already been frost-kissed.  Pumpkins are visible lurking in the undergrowth. I'm not in charge of Squashland, one of the other gardeners set it up in the back corner of the community garden.

A baby hubbard, with about 10 lbs to go to full size. If it can make it until the end of the month, it might reach that goal.

The out of control herb area with bonus wildfire smoke plume.

Tomatoes, now tented for protection

I let a few of the late season artichokes go to bloom. This is the biggest one, probably 10" across:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010 06:47:12 AM by ptarmic wumpus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2010 09:15:03 AM »

I've had a mediocre year.  I saved a lot of pea seeds, only to discover that they had been invaded from the inside by some little black bug eating a perfectly round hole through a good number of them.  :/  oh well, the chickens appreciated them.
Also, the tomatoes don't want to ripen.  Out of like 16 plants, I've gotten 5 ripe tomatoes.  I think next year, I might try the early varieties again. 
The carrots are good.  Tiny, maybe an inch to 2 inches long, but good.  and I've got some winter stuff started, so we'll see if that's a better season for me this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
CraftyLittleLady
CraftyLittleLady

I heart crafts!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010 05:15:47 PM »

I tried planting from seed once.  I bought a ready to plant pot with step by step instructions.  I followed the instruction very well.  I watered and took care of it.  It was my first time to plant and it didn't grow, not even one small leaf.  I guess I don't have what they call a "green thumb".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010 05:31:21 PM by CraftyLittleLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I'm not making crafts, I'm dreaming them up!
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010 04:08:52 AM »

I tried planting from seed once.  I bought a ready to plant pot with step by step instructions.  I followed the instruction very well.  I watered and took care of it.  It was my first time to plant and it didn't grow, not even one small leaf.  I guess I don't have what they call a "green thumb".

I have found that the seeds in those ready to plant pots tend to be duds, or just don't work. You should try again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2011 01:46:28 PM »

Alrighty people, new round this year, shall we? And I may even post something, too - although I am "only" container gardening on the balcony...

I am starting with this:
peas
tomatoes
bell peppers
strawberries
wild garlic
spinach
mint
basil
chives

My other herbs - parsley, oregano, thyme - got killed off "by accident" by the hubby when I was out of town for 5 days. Yes, 5 days :/

So what is everyone else up to this year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 100 Pokemon: Mew
Top 100 Pokemon: Mewtwo
Top 100 Pokemon: Rayquaza
Top 100 Pokemon: Tyranitar
Top 100 Pokemon: Zapdos
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...