A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Goodbye W-T-Pooh New Sweatshirts replace that irritating old bear  (Read 1898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MegRoseSews
« on: January 08, 2010 09:53:44 AM »

My daughter bought this Winnie the Pooh Sweatshirt at Disneyland when she was 8. I think she wore it there once. Then I acquired it.

That was 11 years ago.

Though the shirt it still perfectly GOOD, I have always disliked it intensely. Still I needed something warm when Im done exercising, in the garden, or walking and its not quite light jacket weather.
Its going into the donation bin today! After all it really is still perfectly good. Not even any stains.

I made myself two pretty new sweatshirts out of Joannes fleece. The flowered one came out of a yard and a half long panel. I enjoyed piecing out the sleeves and a small place in the back that doesnt show under the elastic.

The lime green one has beads from Beads For Life (http://www.beadforlife.org/indexb.html). Its an organization to sell beads for women in Uganda. They make the beads from recycled paper and some kind of varnish. I tested a bead by attaching it to a cork for several days and letting it float in cold water. No fading, no pulling apart. I cold water wash and hang to dry stuff like this so it should be OK. I will turn the beaded side to the inside before it goes into the machine.

Pattern for both is same one I created and wrote about in Crafster and also at http://megrosesews.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-stash-sewing-three-new-tops.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christina_209
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010 07:16:59 PM »

Good job on making the sweaters Ive been trying to get the nerve up to make a sweater but i probably wont get it done til summer lol so way to go getting yours done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010 03:22:36 AM »

They are great shirts and look very comfortable. Love that green and adore that flower pattern. Definitely a lovely upgrade from Pooh. (with all due respect to Pooh.lol) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MegRoseSews
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010 09:59:24 PM »

Thanks for the comments. They mean a lot to me.

I've really been enjoying having pretty new every day keep-me-warm shirts. I'm really working on sewing clothes that I use for my regular life instead of focusing so much on special occasion clothes. Though special occasions are still awfully fun to sew for!

MegRose
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Understanding the Diamond Cut
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...