Link to the gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336724.msg3896287#msg3896287A couple of the galleries from prior Newbie swaps:(Note: if you don't want to read all the chatter, you can hit the
"Show Images Only" button and just look at the pictures of the goods!)
Round 11: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311781.0
Round 10: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=262821.0
Round 9: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=245900.0
Round 8: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230676.0
If you'd like to see more of the galleries, just search the board for "Newbie Swap". To be considered eligible join this swap, you must:
- have a minimum of 15 posts
- be a member of Craftster for at least 1 month
- have never been in a Craftster swap before
- not currently be in a Craftster swap
Swapping is so much fun, but if you have never swapped before, sometimes it can be intimidating to just jump on in and join a swap. This swap, the Newbie swap, is for anyone who is eligible to swap but has not yet swapped on Craftster. Join in with some of your fellow swap newbies and learn all the ropes of swapping successfully! Learn how to be the ideal partner. Make new friends! Don't be afraid to ask questions. Follow all the rules and start your swapping career off with great participation comments. C'mon, join the swapping fun! If you have any questions or concerns throughout this swap, please PM me or post in the forum. There are some rules that must be followed in order to have an optimal swapping experience. Some are Craftster's rules, and some of the rules are specific to this swap only. Please read through all
the rules before you sign up. If you have any questions, post in this thread and I will be happy to answer them for you here. Chances are, some of your fellow swappers are wondering the same thing.
You will be crafting 1 medium and 2 smalls for your partner. If you want to send more, please discuss this with your partner. A guide to size:
medium 2-3 hours and a small is less than 2 hours.Craftster's Rules:
1. If sending within the US, you must use a Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#). If outside of the US, please get a receipt. The DC# and/or receipt must be sent to the organizer and your partner via pm when you send.
2. When you receive your swap package, you must notify me and your partner via pm and post photos in the gallery.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.My rules:
1. When you sign up for the swap, you MUST post in the thread. This is an important part of joining any swap. Important swap announcements will be made here, and you're not going to want to miss that. Besides, it's fun to see who else is signing up! Tell us a little about yourself. Let's get to know each other!
2. Throughout the swap, you must communicate with your partner. If I receive notification from your partner that you are out of communication, this will result in a 'poor communication' comment in your feedback.
3. When sending pm's to me, please label them as 'Newbie Swap Round 12' in the subject line.
4. Posting photos in the gallery is a rule of this swap. Failure to do so will result in a comment in your feedback of 'did not complete swap requirements'. A big part of swapping is posting your goodies in the gallery and acknowledging your partner's work!
Swap name: Newbie Swap Round 12
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Rackycoo
Sign-up date range: January 8-22, 5 p.m. EST, or until full
Date to send item by: February 15, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 + me. I will only be organizing
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES, this will be your first swap
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
Does swapper live in the US?
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer. REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.:Copy and paste the following section. Make sure to answer all the questions! PM this to me, remembering to put "Newbie Swap Round 12" in the subject line of your message. Remember that the more flexible and thorough you are in the questionnaire, the easier it will be to match you up with a partner.
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Newbie Swap Round 12
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country: (Break this up line by line exactly how you would write it on an envelope.)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old (YES/NO)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...
What sorts of things are you most comfortable crafting?
What is your favorite type of craft to make?
Is there anything that you would really like made for you?
Is there anything that you absolutely do not want?
Least favorite colors?
Favorite themes? (Polkadots, stars, Hello Kitty, etc)
Any skin or food allergies?
Are there any smokers or animals in your house?
Do you have access to a digital camera and promise to take and post photos in the gallery?
Do you have a wist, myspace or blog? If so, list here:
Tell your partner something about yourself here:
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
8. Miss Barbara
19. ashley053091 PARTNERS!
Feedback will not be given until both partners have sent and received.
*Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.