A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cook Book for My Sister  (Read 1018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

heini
« on: January 07, 2010 01:56:50 PM »

I made this cook book nearly two years ago and gave it to my sister as a graduation present, but I haven't had pictures until now. Back then my sister lived with our mother, but was about to move to live on her own, and I thought a cook book would be useful. She's omnivore, but since she likes vegetarian food and I don't know how to cook meat, I made a vegetarian book.

I used a Reader's Digest's book of shorter versions of novels, because nobody wants to read them. The title is "vegetarian food", but in colloquial language.

Some of the recipes are my own and some are from other cook books, magazines or internet.

I made couple of pages that are bigger than normal. When they're folded, they're same size as the other pages. The right page in the picture is folded and inside the green vellum envelope is a card with a salad dressing recipe. Left page is unfolded and you can see two sauce recipes. There's more sauces under the folded page.

I also used some of the pictures that were already in the book. On the left there's a recipe for carrot crepes with tofu and mushroom filling and on the right page the old man tells the cowboy how the recipe can easily be modified.

Some recipes are glued to the book and some are on cards or giant tags. I made pockets and envelopes for them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010 02:00:35 PM »

Brilliant idea!  We have some family recipes that we are always calling each other trying to remember the exact amounts of ingredients and stuff.  This would be a great gift for my sisters, thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010 04:47:47 PM »

I love this idea! I'm sure your sister loves her book -- it turned out great and looks like a fun one to use in the kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010 06:14:54 AM »

What a wonderful idea! It looks wonderful, I bet she loves it and uses it often Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 5/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 4/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 9/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 8/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 7/12
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...