A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap -January '10  (Read 17156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2010 10:46:24 AM »

the pictures don't show it, but he does have a nose.  Wink  I painstakingly put him together piece by piece with paper.  my fingers were killing me by the time I was done.  Tongue  but it was worth it.  Grin

for those who may not know, the reason why his face guard opens on the card is because in the movie, whenever he speaks, his lifts up his face guard, I guess so he can be heard better or something.  but he does open it up, so I had to do the same for the card.  Grin

I'm glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2010 11:04:15 AM »

yay!  I'm glad you like your Beatles card.  Grin

that's one great thing about Harmonix Music Systems/MTV Games/Electronic Arts coming out with The Beatles: Rock Band.  the background is a sample of the track list from the game that was part of a review in my game magazine.  and, I did something kind of for myself with it; I made some of my favorite songs visible.  Smiley  (whoever makes the decision to release an artist's music on Amazon.com and iTunes needs to release The Beatles music or I'm going to have to rip my songs from my cousin's CDs).  that's why I made it a point to claim The Beatles.  I had the perfect things to make this card.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2010 01:14:52 PM »

Monty python and the Beatles, you sure are girls after my own heart. I think we alll should be friends. Anyone want to go hang out at the mall and grab a coffee?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2010 02:12:18 PM »

I've received three great ATCs in the past few days and I finally have a free moment to post them!

Troubles With Toast from SonjaBoo

I imagine the yummy toast is for the hungry people on the....

Yellow Submarine!!!! from tehbunnykins

who was kind enough to point the way with this amazing card:

and while on the Yellow Submarine the folks can look out into the ocean deep to catch a glance at....

A mermaid! from Krafty_Karasu

Cheesy I love my new ATCs! Thanks so much you guys!!!

Yellow Submarine story:
When I took calligraphy in college one of our last assignments was to create an image using only calligraphy. I used "We all live in a yellow submarine" to make the yellow submarine  Grin

Funny (in my crazy head) story:
I was showing the mermaid card to my husband and he asked me why it was a mermaid, I told him because I have mermaids on my list, he said "yeah, but why do you have mermaids on your list?" I told him "because I like mermaids" He was confused and asked me, "You like mermaids?" .....apparently he doesn't know everything about me  Wink He knows I like fairies, but I guess I never mentioned mermaids... thats what I get for not collecting figurines Cheesy

And since the other two have a story... here is a toast story:
I love toast! I don't know why, but it's one of my comfort foods. I go crazy over it  Tongue When my husband and I finally bought a toaster I sent him a text message picture of the first two pieces of toast I made with it... then I ate them  Smiley nom nom nom!  Cheesy

...I'm a dork  Tongue but at least I admit it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2010 03:08:37 PM »

glad you like it!  I thought that paper was perfect for a mermaid tail.  Smiley

and yes, Klutz worked it's way in to this one too.  Cheesy  I used the fantasy stencils for the tail/fin and the little sea shell was on there too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tehbunnykins
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2010 08:04:03 PM »

I absolutely love my card, Krafty_karasu. The Holy Grail (and actually Monty Python in general) is one of my most favorite things!!

And vinnie451.....ABSOLUTELY!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2010 08:12:03 PM »

I absolutely love my card, Krafty_karasu. The Holy Grail (and actually Monty Python in general) is one of my most favorite things!!

Holy Grail is by far my favorite of the movies.  Life of Brian...*shudder*.  I really didn't need a full frontal of Graham Chapman.  Undecided  I was looking up things from Flying Circus, but while looking through the IMDb of Monty Python and Holy Grail popped out at me.  I watched it, and as soon as I saw Sir Bedevere, I knew I had to use him.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gossamer_gull
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2010 06:53:25 PM »

I have received this awesome card, "The Joker" (on my jokers/jesters theme) from Krafty Karasu:

There's the added bonus of it being an altered playing card.  I really like that she used a joker card without an actual jester image on it and added one herself!  Thanks, Krafty Karasu -- this is a really fun ATC! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprinklez
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2010 06:55:30 PM »

Krafty_Karasu, it seems like you have such a variety of interesting papers. Where do you get them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2010 07:15:37 PM »

There's the added bonus of it being an altered playing card.  I really like that she used a joker card without an actual jester image on it and added one herself!  Thanks, Krafty Karasu -- this is a really fun ATC! Grin

I'm so glad you like it!

it just so happens that there is not one single deck of cards in this house that has an actual joker image on the joker cards!  lol.  and once again, Klutz rears its crafty head.  Wink  the jester outfit stencils, silver star bursts, and teal sequins came from the fantasy paper fashions kit.  the paper is not from that set though.  so to answer your question sprinklez, I get my paper from lots of places, but mainly Hobby Lobby.  Michael's has a pretty big selection, but for some reason I've found more that I like at Hobby Lobby.  some (like the silver for the mask) came from a paper pad I bought at Wal-Mart.  you can see texture on the black pieces for the "eye holes", so that means that came from a cardstock pad I bought at Jo-Ann.  I bought a similar one with bright colors at, where else, Hobby Lobby.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Dinner With Aphrodisiacs
Your Next 21 Meals Planned by Chef Ryan Scott
How to Make Mouthwatering Ricotta Pancakes
Fluffy Pancake Recipe From Clinton Street Bakery
How to Make a Valentines Day Meal for the Whole Family
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...