A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Which interchangeable circular knitting needle set would you recommend?  (Read 3834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Slughorn
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010 11:50:32 AM »

I've had the opposite experience -- my Knitpicks are my favorite. 

I have to caveat this with the fact that I haven't used the Addi interchangables, just the Addi fixed-length.  But, after knitting with Knitpicks, the Addi points feel too thick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010 12:40:29 PM »

I'm probably going to go with Knit Picks because the acrylic, which is what I want, is just cheaper than everything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitknitter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010 01:38:11 PM »

I'm probably going to go with Knit Picks because the acrylic, which is what I want, is just cheaper than everything else.
Knit Picks has really great customer service, and that is really important, esp. when buying interchangeables.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zigzagleigh
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010 05:09:18 PM »

I have the Denise set and I love most everything about them except for two things. As previously mentioned, the cords are very thick and this makes magic loop a little bit difficult, possible, but difficult. The other thing is a BIG problem for me--the points are very dull and I've had problems with certain projects because of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clareironbrook
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010 08:00:15 PM »

Just because no one has given any input on the Addi set...I love mine, I use them for everything and I have never had a problem. (But they are kind of expensive. I say that considering the amount I would spend on individual fixed sets for each project, it pays for itself. But you're probably looking for cheaper now rather than later...that's ok Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clareironbrook.tumblr.com
pinterest.com/ccmyers42

"You must know that an interesting fate (sometimes involving rats, sometimes not) awaits anyone, mouse or man, who does not conform."
-Kate DeCamillo, The Tale of Despereaux
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010 02:55:00 PM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any experience with the WEBS interchangeables? I was looking to see if anyone offered bamboo interchangeable needles, and I came across them as well as some called Bamboo Sisters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idle Hands
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010 10:43:25 PM »

I initially bought the Boye set and the cables IMO are not flexible enough for Magic Loop. 

When I was trying to find a replacement to the Boye set I was torn between KP's Harmony and the Addi interchangeables.  I love the feel of wood needles although the Addi Turbos I have slide very nice.  It boiled down to two factors.  One is the cost of the set and the KP Harmony set is about half the price of the Addi set.  Two is airport security and I thought I would have less hassle with wood than metal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What would you get if you crossed a goat and a sheep?
An animal that eats tin cans and gives back steel wool.
CraftyGal13

teacher, knitter, colorguard girl, craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010 08:27:33 AM »

I have the Boye set and love using them for magic loop.  One tip that I ran across that has really helped me is soaking the cords in hot water to loosen them up a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stylinmommy
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010 08:57:17 AM »

I have the Boye set and love using them for magic loop.  One tip that I ran across that has really helped me is soaking the cords in hot water to loosen them up a bit.

Thanks so much for this tip!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 09:00:19 AM by stylinmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Oil Paint - Sketching
How to Oil Paint - Arranging the Composition
Basic Still Life Oil Painting
Learn About Arabic Henna Designs
Learn About Indian Henna Designs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...