A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand Stitched Appliqued Tree - First Quilt  (Read 2957 times)
Tags for this thread: quilt , applique , tree , hand_stitched  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010 01:13:45 PM »

WOW!! This is incredible Cheesy Even more so that you hand-stitched it, what dedication!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010 02:13:34 PM »

Thank you!  You have THE most adorable username EVER! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010 04:26:20 PM »

Amazing! The fact that you've hand-stitched it makes it even more special, so unique. I love the "green on green" look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010 06:10:41 AM »

Amazing! The fact that you've hand-stitched it makes it even more special, so unique. I love the "green on green" look.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnieBowser
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010 11:41:35 AM »

It looks beautiful!

It is to everyone's benefit that you managed to finish this piece after all that time - it's georgous!

Kudos for your talent & tenacity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010 01:29:06 PM »

It looks beautiful!

It is to everyone's benefit that you managed to finish this piece after all that time - it's georgous!

Kudos for your talent & tenacity!

Thank you so much for your kind words!  It's so great to hear that people are appreciating it after all the work that went in!  There were so some ups and downs for sure, but I'm so glad I got to finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Virg
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010 02:41:57 PM »

This totally inspires me to make a quilt!  Its just really beautiful and the fact that you did it by hand?  Amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010 05:23:11 PM »

This totally inspires me to make a quilt!  Its just really beautiful and the fact that you did it by hand?  Amazing.

Oh!!! You should definitely do it!!  Just jump right in!  I was too scared to try and patchwork, so I appliqued, which wsa wonderful!!  you can pretty much go crazy!  AND, for further inspiration, I'm self taught!  I bought one book on basic quilting techniques, and coupled that with my own ideas of what sewing is supposed to be!  If I can do it, anyone can!  Just think of something you want to do, and do it!  (Although, I should give warning against doing too many curves.  I made that mistake... and it looks good, but doing the insides of the curves were soo tricky. Smiley

I'm flattered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Virg
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010 10:12:54 AM »

Thanks for the tips!  I'll have to add a quilt book to the library collection.  :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010 10:45:46 AM »

Thanks for the tips!  I'll have to add a quilt book to the library collection.  :-D

In case you're interested, I bought the Better Homes and Garden's Complete Guide to Quilting.  (Refer to image here: http://rgr-static1.tangentlabs.co.uk/images/ar/97806962/9780696218569/0/0/plain/complete-guide-to-quilting.jpg)

I found it was reaaalllllyyy thorough and covered everything from the basics to the complex things.  It even talks about selecting fabrics, thread and needles, which I found really helpful.  I got my copy at Michael's, but I've also seen them at major bookstores like Chapter and Indigo.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shirley Jones on The Partridge Family
Shirley Jones Talks About Her Memoir
The Life of a Tudor-Era Chambermaid
Female Romance Novelists Embrace Writing About Gay Relationships
Gay Romance Novels
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...