A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best way to display 1" pins?  (Read 6100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007 06:56:23 PM »

that is a good idea actually...would give me more table space

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008 03:35:59 AM »

Hello All,

After a few months of selling our wares through ebay, we are now venturing to our first craft fair.  Most of our items are brooches & badges, do you have any ideas of how to display them (without the display looking too flat?).  If this topic is already covered else where - i apologise!

Thank you

Trekky  Smiley
(aka one half of fuzzylife)

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008 04:31:49 AM »

I would simply cover pieces of board or cardboard with fabric and make a portrait stander at the back or simply raise them on one end by placing boxes (f.e. the containers you transport your stuff in) under them.

I travel by public transport and my problem is everything has to fit in two suitcases, that's all I can and will carry. So instead of the heavy boards for my upcoming fair I'm going to make some in cardboard that will just fit in my Samsonite. I also always bring some clothing with me to display a few brooches on. Gives people an idea of how such a brooch would look on a jacket, blouse or sweater and it makes nice table filling if I end up with too much open space. I can also hang them up on hangers on the side of my stand. Sometimes this results in selling the clothing instead of the brooch... ha ha, I use curb found second hand clothing, but really nice pieces Cheesy
Also I often make a cloths line above my stand to hang necklaces on, but I'm also thinking of pinning a square piece of cloth from it with brooches pinned on or earrings stuck in.

Hope you have a good fair!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 04:42:05 AM by Le-Chat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
Tutorial Contributor

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008 05:22:34 AM »

shadow boxes work well too I think.

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008 09:17:33 AM »

Thank you very much for your suggestions!  Will have a play with some boxes & materials at the weekend.

Trekky  Smiley

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012 11:31:01 AM »

I had button tags made by KittyCrossbones http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/shopkittycrossbones which I punched two holes in and then put my pins through the holes so the image faced the front of the designed card. Then I placed the tags standing upright in a record bowl (or five haha), sorted by type. I have 1" kawaii buttons, 1.25" vintage design buttons, 1.25" geekery...Each bowl has a price and label and people can sort through. I like this method but I wish I had a different method. In all honesty, I like the magnet idea. Strips of strong magnets behind the pinned cards is a great idea. =)

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Kit Bag Extras
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Straighteners
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Clips
Haidressing Essentials Brushes
How to Get Soft Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...