A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best way to display 1" pins?  (Read 5274 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I Eat Art
« on: April 26, 2005 12:22:08 PM »

Allright, so I'm gearing up for a mini craft show on Satuday (Bizarre Market for any Richmond, VA folks) and I figured I might as well bring some 1" pins along, even though I'm not that into them anymore. But they're small and aren't hard to make a few handfuls of. If I sell one or two I'll be happy.

What's the best way to display them? I have a few on little cards in their own bags, but that seems excessive for a $1 pin. How do other people display pins? Or should I just put them all in a little basket or something?

Does anyone even buy these things anymore? Or should I not bother at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.dadahaus.com
Fun and Funky Jewelry, Crafting Tips, and more
http://www.indiecraftshows.com
Find indie craft shows in your area!
dinosaurshateemo
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005 12:27:40 PM »

i have all of my 1" pins displayed on an old white tank top hung on my wall. that way i can see them all without having to dig through anything. i'm not sure how professional that is for a craft show, but it works for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candysprinkles
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005 12:50:11 PM »

You could stab the 1" pins onto a small cork board.  I'm thinking the size of a picture frame.  Then prop the board up on a dish plate holder.  That way people can easy see the buttons and grab the ones they want.  And you cover the cork board with some fancey fabric, and put a $1 sign somewhere on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005 05:42:59 PM »

I have mine all over 2 different bulletin/cork boards. I use them for "art" in my house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005 06:17:29 AM »

My boyfriend sells lots of 1" buttons when we do craft fairs.  He puts some in a bowl for people to fish around in.  And then he also puts some on a board so they're easy to see all layed out.  The board is a small cork board covered in a big piece of craft felt.  And he just loosely sticks the pins into the felt.  Then to prop up the board he uses on of those freestanding photo easels (a largish one so the cork board doesn't get knocked over easily).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
loveplusone
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005 09:33:50 AM »

i would use little colorful vintage/thrift store bowls and arrange them on your table.  I use these cool set of three "ice cream cone" bowls for my buttons that I scored for $3 at a local thrift shop! Grin there colorful fun and draw attention.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms.cate
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007 09:52:29 PM »

What's the best way? I have both felt ones with the fiddly backs and the normal 2 inch button ones....something cheap would be good Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Schnuckiputzi

baby hairless rats are definitely schnuckiputzi...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007 09:43:22 AM »

I sold badges/buttons at a fair this spring where I bought a cheap fabric shower curtain that was patterned in large squares. I pinned different types of buttons in different squares, and then pinned the shower curtain to the edge of my canopy top. You could probably duct tape or maybe suction cup one to a wall. I figured since they were pinned on the fabric, they would be hard to steal. Everyone seemed to like the display. Hope that helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnuckiputzi is German for "something adorably cute" -- try it on your Valentine.
mystarstyle11
Undescribable

It's an obsession....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007 09:54:08 AM »

How about just a strip of any fabric hung from somewhere on your stand like above? Or, if the backs to your pins are metal or magnetic, have a piece of cardboard or something and put strips or pieces of magnets (from craft stores obviously) and put your pins on those. Just make sure you get strong magnets. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps: OPEN
My Wists
My Blog
kestrel5287
I like exclamation points

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007 05:31:13 PM »

This is probably of no use to the OP anymore, but maybe it could help someone else. 

I think it would look nice if you got a picture frame ($1 store) took the backing and glass out of it, then stapled some nice fabric to the back of it.  you could put the pins through the fabric and voila! easy display!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Touches - http://Krystal.canduru.com
ms.cate
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007 06:56:23 PM »

that is a good idea actually...would give me more table space
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008 03:35:59 AM »

Hello All,

After a few months of selling our wares through ebay, we are now venturing to our first craft fair.  Most of our items are brooches & badges, do you have any ideas of how to display them (without the display looking too flat?).  If this topic is already covered else where - i apologise!

Thank you

Trekky  Smiley
(aka one half of fuzzylife)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Le-Chat
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008 04:31:49 AM »

I would simply cover pieces of board or cardboard with fabric and make a portrait stander at the back or simply raise them on one end by placing boxes (f.e. the containers you transport your stuff in) under them.

I travel by public transport and my problem is everything has to fit in two suitcases, that's all I can and will carry. So instead of the heavy boards for my upcoming fair I'm going to make some in cardboard that will just fit in my Samsonite. I also always bring some clothing with me to display a few brooches on. Gives people an idea of how such a brooch would look on a jacket, blouse or sweater and it makes nice table filling if I end up with too much open space. I can also hang them up on hangers on the side of my stand. Sometimes this results in selling the clothing instead of the brooch... ha ha, I use curb found second hand clothing, but really nice pieces Cheesy
Also I often make a cloths line above my stand to hang necklaces on, but I'm also thinking of pinning a square piece of cloth from it with brooches pinned on or earrings stuck in.

Hope you have a good fair!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 04:42:05 AM by Le-Chat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
http://LeChatCrochet.etsy.com
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008 05:22:34 AM »

shadow boxes work well too I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008 09:17:33 AM »

Thank you very much for your suggestions!  Will have a play with some boxes & materials at the weekend.

Trekky  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012 11:31:01 AM »

I had button tags made by KittyCrossbones http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/shopkittycrossbones which I punched two holes in and then put my pins through the holes so the image faced the front of the designed card. Then I placed the tags standing upright in a record bowl (or five haha), sorted by type. I have 1" kawaii buttons, 1.25" vintage design buttons, 1.25" geekery...Each bowl has a price and label and people can sort through. I like this method but I wish I had a different method. In all honesty, I like the magnet idea. Strips of strong magnets behind the pinned cards is a great idea. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
How to Play a Fermatta on Violin
How to Play at the Tip of the Bow
How to Play the Piano with Velocity
How to Play Kings Cup
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...