A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a Too-Tough Top? or Perfect Pullover?  (Read 451 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepperKitty

Hopelessly Romantic

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2010 10:37:33 PM »

I'm a relatively new knitter (okay, okay, so I've been at a few years but always seem to get sidetracked with other things... Roll Eyes ) and have completed several scarves and hats but want to move on to something a little more advanced.  I found this pattern I like, because of the scoop-neck and lighter weight (since it will probably be summer time by the time I finish it), but I was wondering if it's too tough for someone who hasn't attempted a sweater before.  I'm not familiar with all the terms or techniques and was hoping you lovely knitting gurus could let me know if I'm setting myself up for disaster!

http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/WebLetter/99/Issue99.php

Thank you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010 05:02:44 PM »

Sounds like a great first sweater project! No fancy stitch work, just a simple straightforward pattern with some interesting features, such as casting on extra stitches for the sleeves instead of doing them separately. Done in one piece from the bottom up - I don't think you can do better than this! (and it is cute, too!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepperKitty

Hopelessly Romantic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010 06:38:12 PM »

Thank you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SassyRedhead
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010 05:51:05 AM »

Really, what I love about knitting is how it is often very step by step. You knit until you get to the part you don't know, and often it makes sense by that point, or you can watch a quick online video to learn a new decrease and get right back to the needles. If you were "really worried" then perhaps you could do a vest first, sweater with no sleeves to worry about, but I think you'll be fine. Ambition is good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides."
James Quinn
cristinaisamazing
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010 07:21:17 PM »

i actually wanted to propose a knitalong for this sweater, because i started it last december and i'm having trouble motivating myself to finish knitting it. i think a kal would be perfect, and you'd have knitters to help you if you came across any problems. lol but i think it's pretty easy and it'd be a good first sweater. (it's gonna be my first sweater, too, if i finish it before owls.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Badger Photographs
Photographing a Bagder
Red Deer Photographs
How to Photograph a Red Deer
Red Squirrel Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...