A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: trying to get my drawing mojo back: zentangles!  (Read 12941 times)
Tags for this thread: zentangle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010 11:36:20 PM »

I've done four since last night when I saw this!  I am trying to scan them right now so I can post 'em here but everything technological in my house is being beyond frustrating right now.  Ugh.  Anyway, thanks for the new addiction!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
BDDesigns

watch my blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010 02:22:04 AM »

I love those... I like it, because you dont use a hard line around them they are still open. I will try it myself when I've time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a look at my blog with cool tutorials and my postcards(owls)
http://bddesigns.blogspot.com
My Etsy Store
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bddesigncrafts
FoxyBlue
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010 05:15:06 AM »

REALLY cool ink drawings!!! I love the circle ones. They look like Mandalas to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010 07:13:44 AM »

I love them all, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the third one, although I'm also crazy about the first one. Each one is incredibly beautiful though. I've always been crazy about black and white drawings, so I think you should stick to that too (Although I can understand the desire to color them!). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
Clarachk
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010 07:34:33 AM »

I have the same sort of tendencies with "cyclical activities", lol... except a year is too long for me to stick with any one craft or artform. I think your drawings are awesome and that maybe you should stick to it... You know, in BETWEEN your other interests. Drawing (for me) is great because I can create without creating a gigantic mess around me. I especially enjoyed how you went outside of "the box" (slash circle, haha) with the sketches. It adds interest to the perimeter of the sketch, IMHO. The "ink balance" was also nice... What I mean is, you spread the heavy shading and the light sketching out pretty well and it added a sort ove evenness to something that is otherwise totally random. All in al, GREAT Zentangles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010 11:39:40 AM »

I LOVE your drawings!
I really like the fact that there is free space around the border and the pictures aren't all blocked in by their shape. If that makes any sense Wink
I also like the black and white contrast. It makes them very elegant.
very nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanaB
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010 02:46:46 PM »

I, too, am a cyclical artist/craftster. I'm in my knitting phase at the moment  Wink

These are very beautiful. I really love that you allow the work to move outside the prescribed borders a bit. It speaks to me. I read an article in the Dec. issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors. I've put it on my list of things to try this year. I even have the sketchbook all ready to go!

I hope you keep at it and post some more of these to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010 08:40:13 PM »

these are beautiful
I make drawings similar to these, but I use up the entire page of my sketchbook, and fill in each space with a different pattern. i also use color sometimes.

also, I LOVE your spiderwebs! they are the prettiest ones I have seen and if you don't mind, I might adopt your style!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010 09:49:41 PM »

also, I LOVE your spiderwebs! they are the prettiest ones I have seen and if you don't mind, I might adopt your style!

Ha, that's fine by me! Spiderwebs are one of those things that I can never draw right, so I've decided to embrace the fact that mine always end up looking vaguely like patched stained glass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010 11:24:01 AM »

i think the beauty of spider webs is that there is no right way, since all spiders have a different way of making their webs!
I just happen to really like stained glass, too and adding hat, the webs look more natural, as if they're no longer pristine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Portraits
How to Paint a Cloud
How to Paint a Flower Using Watercolors
How to Paint Trees
How to Paint Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...