A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Mario World: Bonus Game Screen Shot Paintings  (Read 3595 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

enemyairship
« on: January 04, 2010 04:35:48 AM »

These are pixel art paintings of one of the Super Mario World Bonus Games .  These were my bf's christmas present, although I didn't finish them in time.  The company I work for just went out of business, so I've been pretty disheartened and unmotivated to do much of anything artsy lately   Sad

I painted a few of the items taking up the entire 8x8" canvas, and others where they were half-way in the canvas so it looks like a screen shot of them spinning.  I'm really not sure how many people will understand the image I was trying to go for, but it's okay.

There are 9 panels, each canvas measures 8x8"...I rested one of our wiimotes above the Starman in the bottom right corner so you could get a better understanding of how big this piece is.

They're acrylic on stretched canvas.  I used a flat-head brush to try my best to paint straight lines...I'm not much of a painter honestly, I think it's one of the mediums I'm very uncomfortable and unfamiliar with...I usually crochet or sew things.  I think these took about 6-10 hours total, I'm really not sure.  I was being extra lazy with them and spanned the progress over the period of 2 days.

The FireFlowers' leaves are a brighter green, but in this photo the lighting is so terrible that they look black or a very dark green  : \  Any comments good/bad/suggestions are more than welcome!  I bought a giant bottle of a glossy varnish type-dealy, but I'm not sure if I want to use it.  I have a feeling I'm going to mess up terribly and just make a mess.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 04:37:31 AM by enemyairship » THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010 05:12:35 AM »

I really like this! I like the look of it even before I read about it being a reinactment of the spinny thingy. It would make more sense to me as the spinner if the whole ones were in the middle with the matiching one where it dissapears off the top above it and the same for the other below. But, I think as an art piece that wouldn't look quite so good.

Lovely stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Toxicvixen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010 05:13:18 AM »

This is fantastic!  I got right away what you were going for and now I want to go fire up my SNES!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyttlegems
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010 05:58:33 AM »

Awesome! I love these.. i kinda have a love for mario which goes back to my childhood.. Don't think you need to varnish them, and i knew right away what you were trying to show with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmoppet
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010 06:57:03 AM »

I love when people post video game crafts.  This one is especially awesome.  I know exactlly what bonus game you were talking about too.  It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010 05:37:24 PM »

I am trying to come up with a theme to redecorate either my living room or the master bedroom.  I am seriously tempted to just go all out with a Mario World theme after seeing all the amazing posts on Craftster that feature it.  This is the first project that I can actually see myself completing successfully though!  Mario World as sophisticated artwork...whodathun kit?  I love this and am hitting this rocks right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
LiveLongandCraft
Formerly williarl13

Boldly going where others have probably been.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010 08:38:57 PM »

Those are really cool. You did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains" - Jean Jacques Rousseau

"This book doesn't have any answers!" - The Simpsons Movie

http://www.wists.com/LiveLongandCraft
achgfd
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010 11:19:12 PM »

I love this! Maybe I'll make some for a friends new apartment. They would be so awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rach-i-poo
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010 05:33:29 AM »

those lines look pretty darn straight to me considering you did them freehand!
it looks awesome, i'm uber jealous. nice work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

top shelf? bottom shelf? nope. can't find it.
missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010 06:24:05 PM »

The boyfriend needs these for his office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Manga Step by Step
How to Do the Graffiti Letter I
How to Do Love Graffiti
How to Draw Chibi Faces
How to Draw Skulls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...