A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting Resolutions for 2010  (Read 977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

APlusAmigurumi
« on: December 31, 2009 04:29:02 PM »

Does anyone have any knitting resolutions for 2010?

I have been knitting for a few years, but am primarily a crocheter. Something I have always wanted to do is learn to knit in the round. That is my number one resolutions. After I master that, I would like to learn to knit socks.

So....I would really love to hear if anyone else has knitting resolutions or goals.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyGal13

teacher, knitter, colorguard girl, craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009 07:59:58 PM »

Well, I hadn't thought of knitting resolutions until I saw this post, but you've inspired me!

I resolve to finish a sweater that I worked on last year (as in 2008) but put aside and ignored for over a year.  All it needs is trim added around the sleeves and neckline, but somehow I never got around to it.  Also, my schedule was super busy this fall, so I regretably haven't really been knitting for the last few months.  So I am trying to set aside some knitting time a few times a week--I'm hoping that it may help lessen my stress level as well!

Oh, and by the way, knitting in the round sounds scary, but it's really not hard at all, and you'll be so glad once you've learned it!  It will make your life SO much easier!  Best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cristinaisamazing
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009 11:49:41 PM »

all you've really gotta remember about knitting in the round is DO NOT TWIST. after that, it's sooooo easy.

uhm. let's see... i want to finish two sweaters this year, and a pair of gloves i've been working on for two years now. all i need is the thumb gusset and it should only take like... fifteen minutes, but i just can't make myself do it. :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010 04:21:36 AM »

Awww, all the little smileys have party hats for the new year!

That aside, hmmm.... I usually think resolutions are silly, but I like the idea of knitting resolutions. I'd hoped my parents would get me the Knitter's Almanac for Christmas, and then I would just make a resolution to do a monthly project, but it seems they decided that food and toilet paper was more important than enabling my addiction. Tongue

I dunno! I guess I'll make a significant dent in the huge waiting list of patterns I've got collecting dust!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010 11:16:15 AM »

I normally don't do resolutions but I have this shawl I started in 2008.... Finishing that before 2011 seems like a good idea.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seampoints
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010 02:22:08 PM »

2010 will be remembered as the year I learnt to knit! (So far I have made a scarf  Tongue)

..But I've already made some resolutions to myself that I am going to try so hard not to break.

The first one. One project at a time and only buying wool for the project I'm doing now. I can't risk a stash like I have with my fabric and other crafts, I just don't want to go there.

Second is to only buy knitting supplies that I really really love and am committed to working with.

And the last is to make an item of wearable clothing before the end of the year. (I think thats do'able?)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 02:24:30 PM by seampoints » THIS ROCKS   Logged
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010 07:02:14 PM »

my knitting resolution is pretty simple..

to finish what I started..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
SassyRedhead
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010 05:26:14 AM »

I'm hoping to do more large long term projects rather than just hats and cowls all the time. I'd also like to learn at least the basics of colorwork, probably intarsia for beginnings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides."
James Quinn
sdanorth
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010 02:39:20 PM »

To finish one of the things I've started for myself! I only seem to actually finish things that are destined for the consignment shop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Natural Shell & Stone Jewelry Fresh From the Beach!
www.northbeachjewel ry.com
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NorthBeachJewelry
Kayori

The Masochistic Knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010 10:32:05 PM »

Finish the blanket that was supposed to be a Christmas present back in 2008. It's a custom, and frustrating, intarsia pattern of a Hatchet Man with "Juggalo Love" above and below him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You listen to metal and knit?"
"Yea, so?"
"I don't know, just seems a little out of the ordinary"
"Who said I was ordinary?"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Cinnamon Sugar Cookies Recipe
Salted Caramel & "Chocolate Chips" Recipe
Fudgy Pecan Brownie Recipe
Buttery Poached Pears With Whipped Mascarpone Recipe
How to Make Tiramisu Bread Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...