A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: and my Sunday project, still curb furniture-  (Read 2278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 03, 2010 04:28:36 PM »

Another curb piece, It's missing two knobs, so I think I'm going to get 2 glass ones tomorrow, to go with the ones on all our doors in the house, if the snow will let us out of here?! it's very squat and deep, it has a lot of attitude for a little table!

Near the hammer is a little white sticker that said $1.OO, apparently they couldn't even get rid of it at that price.

It has the streaky brown layer, a yellowish layer, a blue layer, a gray layer, and a GOLD layer. Plus the laminate top had many layers topped with gray, not sure WHAT they had been using it for with the top like that?!
The laminate stopped before reaching the back, I guess there was something there? I'm adding trim across the back to cover the back left corner, possibly, if it doesn't get too Frankenstein on me! otherwise I'm happy with it the way it is, with knobs.

It mostly holds Wii-motes, camera cords and little electronic things Amelia leaves alone if they're out of sight.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010 05:57:38 PM »

GREAT curbage find!! It will look nice with the glass knobs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010 06:09:11 PM »

Great find.  Looks like something left over from the 50's.  It would look great if all the knobs were glass.  I love the drawer design.

Nice work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010 06:11:02 PM »

AWESOME curb find! maybe it had a mirror on the back, some sort of small dressing table?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010 07:15:40 PM »

Great find.  Looks like something left over from the 50's.  It would look great if all the knobs were glass.  I love the drawer design.

Nice work.

I does remind me of the speckled pale yellow and white furniture my grandparents had in their guest room, I though one of the underlayers of paint was that color too! And I can't think what could have been attached besides a mirror, but it's so short and small, it seems like an odd piece to have a mirror!
 I'm too attached to the little wood ones for now, but overall, suspect they'll be replaced eventually. I removed them thinking I'd trash them, sanded the drawer face behind where they were, then stuck them back on and changed my mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

e.d.lamb
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010 09:40:59 AM »

looks fabulous! it IS one side of an old fashioned vanity. The gap in the veneer was where a mirror was set. Check back, you might see the other side or even the mirror. I had a nast old vanity that i took apart and used as night tables. If anyone ever sees an old vanity but doesn't need one, keep in mind you CAN turn them into other things! if you can find a discarded on NEVER leave it...one for less than $20.00 is a real buy too. The usually come with BIG round beveled mirrors too. They have sturdy wooden frames you can actually mont on the wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Sleek Straight Hair
How to Make an Unstructured Hair Bun
Textured Hair Twists
Master The Hair Blow-Out
How to Accessorize Your Hair For a Fun Summer Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...