A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: twisted wire tree jewelry holder  (Read 2913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shastaw2006
« on: January 03, 2010 01:06:50 PM »

I've needed a stand for my jewelry, but I don't have anywhere to set one. So I made one to go on the wall.

I'll hang belts and scarves and hats on the bottom, and my necklaces on the top branches, and earrings in the loops at the end of the branches.

I'm not sure if I'm done with it yet, I think I want the trunk to be a bit thicker, so I might wrap some more wire around it. I also need to figure out how to hang it on the wall.  Smiley

What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Britness
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010 01:23:30 PM »

Oh i love that...i have one of the mannequin ones and wanted to buy a few more but I might actually try that with black wire since i have black wrought iron decor in Bedroom....Hubby would love it to, he loves Trees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
goktrose
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010 02:44:26 PM »

I like it, very cool thought. If you are going to make the trunk thicker you could make a loop on the back with the wire as you wrap to hang the tree on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects of 2013: 34/50
Come Join Us!

My Pinterest
Collecting white doilies and rhinestone brooches for DIY wedding, wanna swap?
Tristan14831
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010 10:30:51 PM »

this looks so cool! I've been wanting to make a mini bottle tree for my kitchen window but didn't know how to go about it and I think you're jewelry tree would be perfect for it! How did you make it? and what kind of wire is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write about my life, home, and projects at www.upcycleddownriv er.com if you're interested in checking them out!
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010 01:38:24 PM »

It looks awesome!! Such a good idea  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
.:Flayva:.
finepoint4

finepoint4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010 04:25:02 PM »

Such a good idea, it will probably take a while Lol but would rather do that than spend money on one! and i can have it any size i want it...thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flvs...=)
shastaw2006
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010 08:12:39 PM »

Thanks everyone! It was really easy, the wire I used was about $7 for 200 ft at lowes, it was the smallest they had, not sure the guage but it's probably about 1/8 in thick. To twist it was easy but a bit time consuming, because you have to wait and let your hand rest. I did the whole tree with one helper this past weekend, back to back it might have taken 2 hours.

The way I did it was I cut 12 lengths of about 3 ft, folded each in half and twisted with the help of plyers. Then I twisted two strands together to all of them, and then twisted those together to make the trunk. At the top of the trunk I untwisted half of them to make the branches thicker.

One thing I used that made it a lot easier was my thick potholder glove. That took away the pain in my figures when twisting. Oh, and watch out for your eyes. I stabbed mine. Sad wear glasses! And don't have the top branches spread out when you're messing with the roots.

All in all it cost just a few dollars and with a few more adjustments and a touch of paint, I think it will look just as good if not better than anything you could get in the store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Britness
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010 09:57:08 PM »

Here is my Dress form one, i would like to make one like it maybe in pink...i did not make. it but would love to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best and Worst Dressed: Critics Choice Movie Awards 2014
Margot Robbie Rocks Black Pant Suit at Critics Choice Movie Awards
Boxy Coats for Every Body Type
Win A Pair of $195 Sheepskin Boots
How to Style Winter Boots!
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...