A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buttons  (Read 92363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LunarPowered

Crafty, Culture-Conscious, Creature-loving Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2009 09:18:01 AM »

Ive been wanting to replace my cupboard knobs in my house. I had thought if you could find a good size and shape button you could fix it to a screw and voila!

On another note I just joined up a few days ago and have never been so inspired! The craft community spirit is amazing. You can just feel the love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
surfjewels

http://surfjewels.webhosting-for-free.com

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2009 11:35:41 AM »

I hav a fair few buttons 2, i always keep them handy and always use them when i make a new item of clothing, really come in handy 4 that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anna Iv
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2009 01:38:57 PM »

I've always wanted to decorate a handbag or purse with buttons but never did it. Instead I decorated a purse with ribbon flowers. Hope some day the idea with buttons will come to life.

Maybe someone has already mentioned it, then sorry. Still, another way is to sew buttons onto the collar of the jacket
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FKgram727
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2009 10:40:18 AM »

i have a ginormous collection of buttons from my grandma, all colors, shapes, and sizes..and i can't quite figure out what to do with them, any ideas??

I saw a beautiful wall hanging covered with old buttons, hankies, ribbons and family pictures at a quilt show recently.   

I have all of the above and am going to make one for each of my children for a Christmas gift.  Lots of the stuff is from my mother and grandmother.  I'll try to send a picture when I get one done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2009 04:08:19 PM »

i have a ginormous collection of buttons from my grandma, all colors, shapes, and sizes..and i can't quite figure out what to do with them, any ideas??

I saw a beautiful wall hanging covered with old buttons, hankies, ribbons and family pictures at a quilt show recently.   

I have all of the above and am going to make one for each of my children for a Christmas gift.  Lots of the stuff is from my mother and grandmother.  I'll try to send a picture when I get one done.

Please do, I'm sure we would all like to see them and hear(t) a little history of the objects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2009 07:41:13 AM »

button flower bouquet !
embellishments for atc's, greeting cards, inchies
jewelry components
simple rings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dvoizin
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2009 10:02:13 AM »

I have seen a vest that was covered in bottons!

I think it would be cool to take a large piece of fabric and make a mosaic design with the buttons and use it as a wall hanging!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 02:51:01 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2009 08:34:09 PM »

Hey there. My boyfriend and I would like to go as Jack and Meg White for Halloween, and to do so, we need a lot of buttons. And I mean a LOT.
So. I'm not picky, although somewhere around the 1/4"-1/2" inch range would be best. I prefer white, but hey, I'm even willing to paint the buttons if needed.

Please message me if you have lots of buttons to get rid of; I'd love to help you out. We'd definitely prefer free-to-cheap, as I'm a poor culinary student who already can't afford her very expensive sewing habit. So buttons on a budget are key!

Thank you!

(p.s. this is a photo of the suits we'll be making. these have roughly 13,000 buttons between the two. eep!)
http://www.instantriverside.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/buttons.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
remnant_re+run
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2009 03:33:34 PM »

Pearlies!! Those are my obsession right now.  I am just in love with all things Mother of Pearl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Time Too
« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2009 04:01:11 AM »

I had a simular collection from my grandma and aunts. I got flat photo frames and glued the buttons to cover them. Then placed photos of me with them we had taken at quilt shows.  Brings the whole memory of them full circle. Display in my sewing - craft room to inspire me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Superboy
How to Draw Suicune
How to Draw Stitch
The Ultimate Lab Color Mode Trick For Boosting Colors
How to Draw Stimpy
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...