Maguro: Did you use a pattern or tutorial? Very cute and I love how you quilted a few of the ducks. Gives it detail
thanks! no, no pattern. i was thinking about posting a tute, maybe i will when i make another one and take progress pictures. in the meantime, the directions
are quite simple:
1) measure the length and width of your laptop and add 1 1/2 inch to each measurement.
2) using the measurements, cut out 2 rectangles from outer, 2 from lining, 2 fusible fleece, and 2 batting. cut out 1 piece of outer, 1 lining, and 1 fusible fleece that measures 5 x 8 to use as the flap.
3) iron all pieces. fuse the fleece to wrong side of outer pieces.
4) place each batting piece beneath an outer pieced that's been fused. quilt in any pattern you wish to keep the pieces together. i quilted 5 ducks on each piece and 1 duck on the flap as well. i also used a walking foot which i recommend.
5) sew the soft piece of velcro to the lining piece of flap, 1 inch from one of the long edges. sew the hook piece of velcro 3 inches from the top of one outer piece.
6) sew the flap pieces together right sides facing, leaving the top open. flip, press, and topstitch.
7) sew the outer pieces together right sides facing. clip corners and turn. sew the 2 lining pieces together right sides facing.
baste the flap to the back of the outer piece at top back edge, right sides facing.
9) place outer piece inside of lining piece, right sides facing. stitch all the way around the top leaving a 4 inch gap on the front to turn. turn piece right side out and stuff the lining inside the outer shell of the bag. press, turning under the edges of the gap. top stitch all the way around. voila!