A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boyfriend's Birthday: Gift Help  (Read 1523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DarklyCrafty
Unusual Crafter

Beware: This crafter bites

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2010 05:08:06 PM »

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up this month and I haven't got a clue what to make him.
He'll eat anything that doesn't try to eat him so I will make something edible. But he's a sweetheart and I want to make him something other than edibles.
I saw the generic boyfriend topic but:
I don't have any recent photos of me because my camera is broken so photos are out.
He says he sleeps in the buff so pj pants are out. We've only recently started dating so I don't really know if I should make him boxers. A friend once told me giving a guy boxers says "I want to see you in them".
I would make him a pillow, but he just bought a new one and is really picky about the firmness of his pillow. He has a like-new wallet so I won't be making one of those either. And he will not carry a man-bag so that's a big fat no.

Other info:
He's turning 27. He likes motorcycles, mixed martial arts, Chinese dragons, shooting pool, metal music, history, and talking (very talkative). His favorite colors are purple, red, green and blue, in royal shades.

Someone please help. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. Please keep me from pulling my hair out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blood, sweat, & tears: crafting isn't for the faint of heart.

YKYACW you smile like an idiot because your new love interest informs you that he can sew.
CG_soldier54

I'll be nala if you be my simba. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010 10:05:18 AM »

What about a fleece blanket? You can pick a fabric that would represent his likes and it comes together fairly quick. and honestly who doesn't love a cozy blanket?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DarklyCrafty
Unusual Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010 02:07:52 PM »

It's getting warmer here and there's no real need for fleece blankets in Louisiana in the spring or summer.
But I'll keep that in mind for next Christmas! Cheesy
And the picky little fuss-pot decided he wants lounge pants. I bought myself a pattern and was looking at it while on the phone with him. He heard the crinkle of the pattern and asked what it was. When I told him, he said "Can you make me a pair? I need something to just laze about in my dorm."
*rolls eyes* I swear men change their minds more than women do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YKYACW you smile like an idiot because your new love interest informs you that he can sew.
drunkenatheist
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010 03:00:20 PM »

For Christmas this year, I made a variation of the "Mom tattoo" from Subversive Cross-stitch with his name in the center.  For his birthday (which was almost a full month ago), I'll be attempting some glass etching on some rocks glasses (once we finally get to Ikea and track down some cheap glasses) and making him Star Trek fuse bead coasters. 

I will say this much about the coasters: if you're planning on making anything with fusable beads and think "oh, I'll just get the 11,000 jug because that's so much more cost effective," factor in the time to sort the little buggers.  My poor boyfriend didn't get his birthday gifts made on time in part because I didn't realize how long it would take to fish through the beads for the colors I wanted!  Luckily, we live together, so he let me slide after he saw how maddening it is.  Wink

Just think about what he likes and translate that into a craft you can do really well.  I liked making the cross-stitch for him, but I didn't think he was going to get as touched by it as he did. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DarklyCrafty
Unusual Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010 10:14:41 PM »

A friend found something cute that I may try to make for him.
She sent me an email with instructions for a pillow. You make 9 separate squares on the front and applique or embroider hearts in 8 of the 9. In the empty square you embroider "You stole my heart".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Serve Singapore Inspired Noodles
How to Make a Rich and Flavourful Thai Massaman Curry
How to Mix Asian Flavoured Duck Confit
How to Do a Crab in Black Bean Sauce
How to Cook Yakitori Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...