A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Handmade Crusade 2010 :: INACTIVE (Search for the 2011 Thread)  (Read 34074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Taramor
« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2010 06:31:03 AM »

Great list, darklady - and a good idea with the activity book for your brothers-in-law. Any tips for how to make it? Du you find riddles, puzzles etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2010 12:46:17 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I have made puzzles before but I love using puzzle generators. They make my life so much easier Smiley If you google free puzzle maker you will get a large list of sites that will generate puzzles for you. I have a computer program called Adobe InDesign that is a layout program and I use it to make the books. But it really isn't necessary. If you print off each page you can go to a copy shop and have them reduce the sizes for you if you want them to be smaller than a full page. I will be printing mine at home because I have the layout program and am very familiar with basic book binding techniques.

I am really excited about getting these puzzle books started. I work with kids at a summer camp and will also be making some reusable puzzle books as practice. I am going to laminate the pages and bind them with a binder ring. Then I will tie a grease pencil to the ring with a ribbon. The grease pencil wipes off pretty easily so different kids can use the books each day. I work with several different kids each week so I am hoping they will love them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oneredboot
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2010 03:20:58 PM »

These month's Xmas project:  three double-sided super warm hats.  I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's "very warm hat" pattern, with vintage 100% wool from the thrift store and some leftover stash yarn.  They are so warm and fuzzy--perfect for those Northerners on my list!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2010 05:40:24 AM »

Hey Oneredboot  Grin.I loooove those hats.Where can I find the pattern?And are those knitted or crocheted? Smiley.Those would be perfect for my dh & my mom  Grin.I'm hoping they are crocheted cause I can't knit yet Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
oneredboot
« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2010 06:27:31 AM »

Hey Oneredboot  Grin.I loooove those hats.Where can I find the pattern?And are those knitted or crocheted? Smiley.Those would be perfect for my dh & my mom  Grin.I'm hoping they are crocheted cause I can't knit yet Sad.

Here's the Ravelry link with information about the pattern--they are knitted--fast and easy!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2010 09:44:00 AM »

Oh, I have been bad! I haven't touched anything holiday gifty in weeks! But I have been kindof keeping up with this thread, and I am getting more ideas and inspiration. Hopefully I will have PICTURES to share soon.

BTW, those hats are pretty sweet. They remind me that the market bag I just made would be a really sweet gift for my sister in law.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
darkladymajesta
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2010 09:04:27 AM »

I have been working on the Teesha Moore Craft-a-long and I love it so much I may end up doing this style for journal covers LOL Besides that I haven't been able to work on christmas stuff. It is still a long ways away though Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_cow
« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2010 12:02:25 PM »

I watched this thread last year and was so determined to get involved. But having a baby in Dec totally threw that plan out the window!! Now I am starting to think about Christmas and am going to get my rear in gear.

I'm half-way through making a photo album for my BFF who is getting married next month, but once that is done, I will totally be getting on with it as I have TONS of ideas and some time now that my baby goes to bed at 7pm. Hip hip hooray for bedtime because bedtime for boy = crafty time for mummy!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Totally addicted to felt
kylie

My craftyish blog http://somthinsomthin.tumblr.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2010 11:03:19 PM »

I searched craftster for a thread on getting ready for Christmas and here I am - Crafty_cow I also had a baby recently- but in April of this year.

I have just started getting into sewing so I am hoping to sew most of my presents with some crochet thrown in as well. Will come back with a to do list soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Subscribe to my blog - http://somthinsomthin.tumblr.com/
rockon
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2010 08:19:16 PM »

Here in my neck of the woods I have been crafting (but more slowly than in past years because I am immersed in an MFA in writing program).  My problem is that I keep giving stuff away.  In August, when there is no holiday in sight.  What is my problem?  The man I take care of (my roommate) and I spent the day making recycled crayons for some special little girls FOR CHRISTMAS.  Somehow they have turned into back-to-school presents, replete with back-to-school fun books.  I finished a hat for said roommate yesterday.  I thought it would be too small, so I had him try it on.  Big mistake.  Well, I took it back because it is so hot here, and I am going to hope he forgets it by mid October when knit hat seasons arrives. 

I am also hard at work on a shawl for my cousin and plan to make another hat for her husband for Hanukkah.  My dad and his wife (PICKY PICKY PEOPLE) are done (I bought an exorbitantly expensive goat sculpture for them from a local artist.  They raise goats, so it will be cherished).  My mom and her partner are getting (at their resquest) coasters, napkins, and placemat sets (sewn).  When I am not so frustrated with frogging that I feel like screaming, I am working on the Alien Illusion Scarf from SNB for a good friend.  I am trying to come up with ideas for my siblings and their partners.  I am going to help my roommate make grocery list pads with his art featured on the top for his family, and he and I churned out about 50 wooden star ornaments a while back.  And that is all the Christmas Crafting News fit to print round here.

I do have pics of the crayon project, and of the hat, but I am sleepy so I will post them another time.  Thanks for reading my ramble.  Rock on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Braid Black Hair
How to Do Micro Braids
How to Retwist Dreads
How to Plait Hair
How to Flat Iron Black Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...