A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Handmade Crusade 2010 :: INACTIVE (Search for the 2011 Thread)  (Read 35174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stoliedina
« on: January 01, 2010 06:45:25 PM »

Hello Friends, Craftsters, Countrymen...

This thread is going to be the 2010 continuation of the Holiday Handmade Crusade. If you are wondering what that is, you can take a peek here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285555.0

Holiday Handmade Crusade :: January Theme!

I sat down a few days ago to write this post, and it became too epic. I am hoping for 2010 to be a big year of changes and improvements to the Holiday Handmade Crusade, but these changes will be spread over time, instead of packed into one enormous post! Bear with me...

Welcome back 2009 crusaders, and hello 2010!

Your theme for March is: Celebrate your heritage! aka I couldn't think of witty song lyrics to describe this month's theme... Why should Irish people have all the fun in March? Find a way to celebrate your families' heritage by incorporating it into a craft. How about about a cookbook dedicated to ethnic recipes, or trying your hand at a traditional craft? Celebrate the  the history that makes you or your gift recipient, unique!

Your theme for February is: Don't you want somebody to love? Don't you need somebody to love? Don't you want somebody to love? You'd better find somebody to loooooooooooove: Okay, think about this. Those of you that are "attached" will most likely be doing something special with your sweetie for Valentine's Day. All of you are crafty, so I bet that good portion of you will be making something for your sweetie as well. Well V-day is smack in the middle of the month, so what to do with all of that crafty energy for the rest of the month?! Use the lovey-dovey energy surrounding this month to craft something extra to put away for your sweetie for Christmas!

Not attached? Hate Valentine's day. Bitter? Angry? Alone? No worries, I get it. I used to be Bridget Jones incarnate before I got married. I hated Valentine's Day. Take back the holiday by making something for someone you love that is not your sweetie! Love your mom? Baby? Best friend? Brother? Etc? Use your crafty energy this month to get a gift out of the way for someone special in your life. Romantic, or not.

Every little thing she does is magic: As we wind down from the craziness of the holidays, let begin to prepare for next year in a little way. Some suggestions include: make ornaments, make stocking stuffers, make cute holders for giving gift cards, make small gifts that you can store away, like those for teachers, co-workers, etc. The point is...just *DO* something.

Leave a comment on this thread with a photo showing your finished item(s) by January 31, 2010 11:59 PM EST for the chance to win a fabulous prize!

Happy crafting,

Your Craftastic Christmas Crusader, stoliedina
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011 10:09:52 AM by stoliedina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010 06:50:34 PM »

I hope to participate this year! Even though we're just a day into the new year, I've gotten a headstart on holiday gifting already.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010 07:19:34 PM »

I lurked this thread for all of 2009 and ended up short on gifts this year. Since I'm destashing, and participating in the 50 projects of 2010, I plan to use this thread for inspiration, and POST to keep myself accountable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010 07:34:40 PM »

I lurked this thread for all of 2009 and ended up short on gifts this year. Since I'm destashing, and participating in the 50 projects of 2010, I plan to use this thread for inspiration, and POST to keep myself accountable!

Mostly ditto to that. I actually crafted a number of things for this in 2009, but posted only a couple... 2010 is my 5th anniversary with craftster, and I can just FEEL the craftiness oozing into me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010 11:44:31 PM »

I'm hoping to be more active this year as well... I'm going to the US in march so I'll be stocking up on supplies for sure! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010 03:25:07 AM »

Three cheers for stoliedina and the Holiday Handmade Crusade!  I already have a half dozen ideas for 2010...not the least of which is the Advent calendar I started but didn't finish in 2009.

It never got beyond this stage...

...it's my goal to have it done before spring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
ineedart
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010 04:40:03 AM »

Yay for the Christmas Crusade!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010 05:00:32 AM »

I am hopefully going to be participating this year  Grin I want my christmas 2010 to be almost totally homemade
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
lydiaharper
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010 06:10:59 AM »

Yay!  No more Christmas Eve gift making for me (well, unless it food)!  So glad the Crusade is continuing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bergman
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010 06:51:11 AM »

I must have missed this thread last year!! so I am going to join this year forsure. I made a few gifts this christmas but I found I was not as motivated and had a lack of inspiration so Im sure that this tread will help me with  my home made gift giving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Creates One-Of-A-Kind Cheesecakes
How to Make Caramel
How to Make French Macarons
How to Make Lemon Curd
How to Make an Easy Key Lime Pie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...