A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your stash?  (Read 8959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SeraBella
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010 09:28:32 AM »

Years ago we bought used kitchen cabinets from an ad in the trader to replace the ones we have. We were painting them anyway so finish didn't matter and it was SO much cheaper than buying new to re-do our kitchen. Turned out we had many more than we needed for the kitchen. The leftovers now house my fabric stash in a corner of my living room where I use an old large computer desk for a sewing desk. I organize my stuff by stretch, non-stretch, sheers, etc, then by color or pattern. My own little corner of the world. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swampcrone
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010 12:50:19 PM »

It's supposed to be organized?  Shocked

Right now most of the fabric is in boxes in the attic.

I call it treasure hunting since between my mother & grandmother I have inherited quite the stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2010 04:00:54 PM »

Believe it or not, those hanging closet sweater organizers you can buy at Walmart, Target, and JCPenney are really good at organizing fabric. I Use the sweater organizers for big fabric, folded neatly, and then I made collage boxes from old shoeboxes where I store my fabric quarters and scrap fabric. I also use the hanging shoe organizers for fabric quarters and yarn. It works really well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
designsbyfel
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010 01:23:48 PM »

Mine is in a huge pile on the floor of my craft room. *blush*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM mom to Maddox and Army Wife to Michael Smiley
imdy
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010 01:12:47 AM »

I got a basic but fairly large 3-shelf bookshelf for super cheap while working at an office supply store (hooray for being the first to know about 85% off clearance items!).  I just starting sewing in March, so my stash still fits on the one shelf, and I have it organized mostly by color.  Batting and interfacing, along with bulky fabric like fleece, goes on the bottom, and then I have 3 stacks on each shelf.  The stacks are organized by color, largest pieces on the bottom.  The top of the bookcase holds a small decorative metal box stuffed with fat quarters, with piles of charms in front of it, along with some finished projects that haven't quite found their way to their permanent home yet.

I like the setup when it's neat, but most of the time I just grab stuff and pull it out, which knocks over my piles, and then it just looks like I threw a ton of similar colored fabric on the shelf.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010 10:39:37 PM »

I'm a bad craftster. My fabric lives in giant Rubbermaid totes and lidded vegetable boxes  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiker
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010 05:15:05 AM »

Organize? what's that? (j/k)

My fabric is in piles in different spots of my room (more of a crafter room then a bed room now lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cricket416
Cats really don't like to ride bicycles, no matter how much duck tape you use.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010 01:44:23 PM »

I was struggling with this question today... since I'm in the middle of setting up my sewing room as I write this.  I ended up just hanging all the fabric in a closet.  It may not look like much compared to some of the other stashes in this thread, but took me the better part of an hour just to hang it all up!

http://www.thirteencanoes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/000_0489-1.jpg
http://www.thirteencanoes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/CIMG0068.jpg
http://www.thirteencanoes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/CIMG0116.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010 08:49:54 PM »

Here's about half of my stash. The other half is desperately unorganized and crammed into a closet. =/

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Just as I am
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010 01:51:41 PM »

I love this. You can see what you have and no more hunting for that special piece.
Did you build your own shelves? What size are the cubes?

Thanks for sharing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Advice from Ariana Grande
Beauty Buys Under $15
Best Cream Blushes For Different Skin Tones
Foods to Avoid For Better Skin
New Tool To Apply Perfect Eye Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...