A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - January 2010  (Read 20966 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« on: January 01, 2010 04:00:18 AM »

Welcome to the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap!  Don't have time to participate in other swaps?  Here's your answer!  This swap is for swapping supplies or crafts you've already made.

If something is not clear, feel free to PM me, gavagai! or ask in the discussion thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332561.0 Also, everyone who is planning to participate in the swap, please make sure to post in the discussion thread, if only to say hello!  Cheesy

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gavagai
Sign-up date range: 01/01/10 - 01/31/10
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer gavagai with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something (i.e. one item) from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list, someone claims from it and the swap goes on like that, like a chain. Please note that you will need to add things to your list and/or reduce prices (maybe let people pick two things instead of one) if noone claims from your list for a couple of days. We want to keep the swap going!

...and that's it, basically

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizers

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - January 2010
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):  (*Please note that this means you have to be willing to send ANY item from your shop out of the country*)
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (and please mention how old you are if under 18) (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:
Do you agree to add things to your list and/or reduce prices if noone claims for a couple of days, and keep doing so until claimed, doing your best to keep the swap going?:
Have you made sure to post in the new 2010 discussion thread for this swap?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.  This means that you will be willing to send ANYTHING in your list out of the country, if claimed.  Please do not list items as "US only."  If you feel that an item is too heavy to send internationally, please do not list it in your shop.  

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!

Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, December 31:st. Feedback will (ideally) be given on January 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive.
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread .
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010 04:16:06 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010 04:03:19 AM »

Swappers

3 outstanding claims allowed
calluna
corduroy cat
gavagai
jca1982
sugaree
varandra 2
Zelda.Suicide

2 outstanding claims allowed
Avabrowneyes
guacaMolly
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue
southernstitcher

Send by Jan. 19.
Dragonflywer to calluna - Julie Hasler 500 alphabets

Send by Jan. 23.
calluna to I_Bleed_Hot_Glue - envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue to gavagai - rhinestones, plastic buttons, one ceramic pendant (third row, middle pendant) and two of the plastic bead bags (top right and bottom left)
gavagai to southernstitcher - necklace of nesting gemstones

Send by Jan. 25.
southernstitcher to gavagai - Pack of popscicle sticks, bag of crafting wood chips in varying shapes, and some puff balls plus floral crafting supplies
gavagai to Zelda.Suicide - Retro looking orange cotton fabric

Send by Jan. 28.
Zelda.Suicide to jca1982 - Crocheted scarves, purple scarf

Send by Jan. 29.
jca1982 to gavagai - the bead baking rack
gavagai to jca1982 - Matryoshka, Russian nesting dolls, cotton fabric.

Send by Jan. 30.
jca1982 to calluna - ball point paint tubes
calluna to southernstitcher - the kerchief

Send by Feb. 2.
southernstitcher to guacaMolly - the supply of thread
guacaMolly to sugaree - everyday brass hoops and the pkg of 4 shank buttons w/ lock & key on them

Send by Feb 3.
sugaree to jca1982 - a surprise grab bag of goodies
jca1982 to guacaMolly - the 5 in 1 tool
guacaMolly to calluna - both sets of guacaMolly's bingo bobby pins, one packet of clear embossing powder, and the green novelty yarn

Send by Feb 5.
calluna to jca1985 - green/yellow recon book

Send by Feb 6.
jca1982 to corduroy cat - silver and blue fimo, crackle medium and bag of seashells
corduroy cat to Zelda.Suicide - the "candy ass" cross stitch kit & the tin of beef bandages

Send by Feb 10.
Zelda.Suicide to varandra - Simplicity Built by Wendy 3964 Simplicity Threads Collection 4072 Simplicity 4116 Simplicity 5961
varandra to jca1982 - Hand silk-screened eye prints in black on white/natural fabric swatches And Three vintage pillowcases
jca1982 to varandra - the flat rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera
varandra to guacaMolly - the skirt

Send by Feb 11.
guacaMolly to Avabrowneyes - 5 sliding lip balm tins and almond cuticle cream
Avabrowneyes to I_Bleed_Hot_Glue - Unopened bag of Traditional Polyfill Batting

Send by Feb 12.
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue to varandra - the black board book and 4 ceramic pendants
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010 12:58:56 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010 04:09:28 AM »

Dragonflywers list from last month. Feel free to claim from it as soon as you have been approved to join the swap!

Since PureOath has received from me, I can get in one last claim for the month! Yay! (Right? I did read the rules right, didn't I?)

I'd love to claim: 10 random vintage glass vials with corks. So awesome!

list in a sec!Here!
Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims made so far: 3 made- 1 received, so 2  outstanding
Sendouts Not Sent: 1
Sendouts Sent: 2, 1 received
Sendouts Received: 2

I'm Alice and I live in a cat-friendly, smoke-free home.
Pick one:
1. 12-piece stamp set (these are small, images are about the size of a dime):

2. Big purple and black cloth binder:

3. Crosstitch books- Choose one:
A. Hardback:
B. Big softback:
C. Hardback:
D. Hardback:
4. Finished crosstitch piece:
close-up:
5. Dragonfly stamp:

Pick two:
1. Metal snowflakes (all three for 1/2 claim):

2. Rusty metal stars & star garland (all for 1/2 claim):

3. Green glass icicle ornaments (all for one claim):

4. Crossstitch pattern booklets (all three =1/2 claim):
A.
B.
C.
5. Vintage copper cookie cutters:

6. 24 small wooden snowmen:
7.  Purple cotton flannel Theres about of a yard of 45 wide fabric plus several big scraps.

Pick four:
1. Assorted lacey embellishments (all for 1/4 claim):

2. 1+ cup assorted brown wooden beads:

3. Assorted transfers, stencils (all for 1/4 claim):

4. Five small wooden fish:

5. Nine small wooden bats (two are painted black):

6. Two turned wooden ornaments:

7. Christmas cookie cutters:

8. Small (about half-dollar size) metal cookie cutters:

9. Adhesive numbers:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010 08:41:03 PM »

UPDATED!!!

Not claiming right now!  Smiley

I am Alice and my house is smoke-free but cat-friendly.

Pick one:
1. Finished he loves me, he loves me not cross stitch piece:
Close:

2. Big purple and black binder:

3. Craft books:
a. Sam Hawkins 501 cross-stitch designsb. Sam Hawkins 365 designsc. Julie Hasler 500 alphabets d.1-hour cross stitch e. Terence Moores The Captured Harvest

Pick two: (or pick one plus three pick five claims)
1. 12-piece stamp set (these are each about the size of a dime):

2. Dragonfly stamp:

3. Small cute food cookbook:

4. Purple cotton flannel Theres about of a yard of 45 wide fabric plus several big scraps:

5. 24 small wooden snowmen:

6. Rusty metal stars & star garland (all for 1/2 claim):

7. Crossstitch pattern booklets (all three =1/2 claim):

Pick five: (or pick three plus one pick two claim)
1. Green glass icicles (all 6 are 1/fifth claim):

2. Metal snowflakes (all 3 are 1/half claim):

3. Vintage copper cookie cutters (all 3 are 1/fifth claim):

4. Assorted lacey embellishments (all for 1/5 claim):

5. 1+ cup assorted wooden beads:

6. Assorted stencils, transfers, etc (all for 1/fifth claim):

7.  Cute little wooden things (all for 1/fifth claim):

8. Cookie cutters (all for 1/fifth claim):

9. Adhesive numbers:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 02:13:41 PM by Dragonflywer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
calluna
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010 01:39:41 PM »

I would like to claim dragonflywer's book c. Julie Hasler 500 alphabets.

Claims made so far: 1
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 0
Sendouts Received: 0

I am in California, with a fuzzy dog (not the one in my avatar, though--much less fuzzy), neither of us smoke, I avoid smoke, and there is no indoor smoking at this house.

My offerings:

Take 1 of these:

"Burlesque Boudoir" handspun art yarn - multiple yarns spun together, incorporating black lace, fake pearls, sequins, and feathers. Not a lot of yardage. The yarn sat sealed up in a London postal warehouse for a month and was never picked up by my swap partner, so I've been airing it out since then. http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_07091010.JPG http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_07091011.JPG

"T-kettle" mini altered canvas set - 4 little bitty canvases; 2 have a purple-green sheen (interference paint) which doesn't show up in the photos.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_31Oct09_teakettle.jpg

- Flat-Rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera - vintage goodies, handmade paper, book pages, weird randomness, most images too big for ATCs. there will be embellishments, too, maybe some handspun yarn as well. Let me know your preferences and interests and I'll customize it for you.

- Small-Flat-Rate Box-of-Whimsies - same idea as the above, but more 3-dimensional. (: beads, vintage buttons, trims, notions, findings, oddities...y'know, whimsies.

- crocheted kerchief beautifully made by farmgirljane. I absolutely love it but somehow the shape of my head and my copious large hair don't allow it to sit right when I'm wearing it.

- 6 unopened packs of Sculpey III (polymer clay). Colors: Pink Pearl, Gray-Intermediate, Flesh (2 packs), Maroon, and Pearl. They'll need some major kneading, as all unhandled polymer clay does; I don't know how old they are because I bought them second hand but they don't feel brittle.

- Joker needlework - approx 4x7”
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_jokerxstitch.jpg

- Burlesque bookmark - x-stitch on aida cloth with black lace and microbead trim and big tacky feather sewn on. I made this for a swap but the recipient disappeared and the package was sent back to me.

magnetic mail holder - hard plastic, altered surface. Rescued from its earlier life as an ugly early-80s Avon item with a bland cutesy neighborhood on the front. Now it's got a goldish/bronzy finish on the visible portions, and lots of embellishment (mail-related) all over the place. There is a small area partitioned inside for pens and such, and the whole thing has a depth of about 1.5 inches. It has magnets on the back so it can sit on the fridge, and it also has holes for nails if it would go better on your wall.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/gold3.JPG http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/altered090.jpg

recon’d vintage children’s textbook to CD holder - can hold 28 CDs and several liner note booklets. Bright colors, retro children’s theme, has a notepad inside and free space for adding personal embellishments. Manu Chao not included.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/100_10731.JPG

Take 2 of these:

- set of 5 molded crayons from scrap-crayons - mixed colors, same shapes as these
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/swapshop_007.jpg

- 50 sheets of off-white vellum paper, 8.5x11", can be run through some printers

- baggie of dried lavender - US only due to international shipping regulations.

- vintage cake toppers - warning, includes 2 scary clowns! All the strange plastic goodies in the picture except the ruler.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/oowyh126.jpg

- a rainbow of Kool-Aid packets for dyeing fiber or yarn - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple

- bead soup in a round tin - a hearty soup of mainly glass beads, none huge, but not all seed beads either.

Take 3 of these:

- one letter rubber stamp; made by Inkadinkadoo. wooden base. Claim by the letter.

- an unmounted rubber stamp- claim as: opera, pen, hat bird, augustin, P.O., australia, wine, milling, apples, prettymiss

- glossy blank punched cards - 16 sheets, heavy cardstock, about the size of a recipe card or large index card, bright white with a somewhat slick surface--not as glossy as a photo but has a sheen to it that makes it a perfect surface for rubber stamping and maybe alcohol inks. Large hole in the corner for binding them all with a bunch of chunky yarns!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_101_6051.JPG

- these old wooden spools of thread - I also have MANY wooden spools with no thread; if you would rather have some of those, just let me know; same quantity for the claim.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_101_6040.JPG

- any 5 rubber stamps from these thumbnails (or 15 of them for 1 claim). most are mounted with black foam. claim by name.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010 09:00:12 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue

Edna - the ultimate DIYer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010 10:14:30 AM »

I would like to claim Calluna's envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 2

I am in New York, living with one smoker and no pets. 

My offerings... TAKE ANY THREE ITEMS

Black Board book (6" x6")

Gallery Glass (paint to make sun catchers and such) - 3 unopened, 3 opened but hardly used. Take only 3 for 1/2 an item.

Clip On washable markers

Beginner embroidery set (includes material, instructions, needle, thread and some patterns, and the bag)

Various shaped/colored rhinestones (all about the size of a dime except the circles, those are varying sizes)

2 Mirror tiles (about 3"x3")

5 wooden veneer samples (about 3"x3")

Various plastic beads (Pick two for half an item)

Ceramic tiles (all about the size of a nickel)

Glass Pendant (About an 1.25" across)

Glass Pendant (about 1.5" diameter)

Plastic buttons (two sizes, about the size of a dime and about half that size)

Plastic sew-on gems(?)  (I am not sure what you would call them - about the size of a dime, with two holes)

glass heart beads (vertical holes)

Ceramic pendants (about an 1.5" diameter - pick two for 1 item)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hot glue makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
gavagai
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010 10:50:48 AM »

I would like to claim rhinestones, plastic buttons, one ceramic pendant (third row, middle pendant) and two of the plastic bead bags (top right and bottom left) please. I hope I got the number of items right? Tongue

Claims Allowed: 3
Sendouts Not Sent:0
Sendouts Sent:0
Sendouts in Transit:0
Sendouts Received:0

MY LIST

Pick 1

Blue Totoro, white Totoro plus four soot sprites. Blue Totoro is about 1" tall.

Nestlaces! (clickable thumbnails)

Gemstone eggs in a silver plated nest. The nests are about 1 1/4" across. Comes with a silver plated chain.

Turquoise egg nestlace. I think the "eggs" are green aventurine.

Retro looking orange cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45" (or claim half for 1/2 claim or 1FQ for 1/4 claim).

Matryoshka, Russian nesting dolls, cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45" (or claim half for 1/2 claim or 1FQ for 1/4 claim).

Extraordinary taggies, pick one for a claim!

These are so much fun for babies to fiddle with. I have tried to mix lots of different materials and features in every taggie. They are all around 10" x 10", but size varies a bit.

Denim frogs! This taggie is made from the leg of a pair of jeans. If you lift the flap there are soft flannel frogs hiding! Backside is made of soft dark green velour (is there a better word in English?)

Cute little ninja boys (?). I got them in a swap but just haven't found a good craft project for them. Some of them show some wear. Claim all for one claim, 6 of them for 1/2 claim or 4 of them for 1/3 claim.

The below are my own improvised designs based on the ancient Japanese art of temari, which translated into English means "hand ball". The ball itself in these cases has a base consisting of a plastic bag (since temari is all about recycling) and round it is layers of hand wound yarn and thread to shape the ball and make the decorative surface. The embroidery is made with cotton perle. All handmade by me. Choice of blue ball (very dark blue IRL) or green. Egg cup/temari stand and image editor frames not included.  Cheesy

...or pick 2!

Hello Kitty metal box to put pens et.c. in (what are these things called in English?). Some minor scratches and colour shifts as seen in the second image above.

Price reduced on the above temari

Traditional Swedish glass troll, about 2" tall, heavy and could be used as a paper weight. It has an inscription on the back, apparently some kind of SAAB commercial message, but that is only visible from the back (image 3). Really difficult to get a good picture of this one.

...or pick 3! NOW PICK 4

Cross stitch kits to make angels with ribbons and all sorts of stuff. 1/4 claim each! PRICE REDUCED

Ziplock bag of scary skull beads PRICE REDUCED only 1/4 claim!

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. A few of them available if you want to claim more than one. PRICE REDUCED

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/4 claim each. PRICE REDUCED
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010 11:05:25 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010 04:00:12 PM »

I would like to claim the necklace of nesting gemstones.  

Claims Allowed: 2

Here are my offerings:

I HAVE ADDED ITEMS AS OF 1/11 2:30 PM!!

PICK ONE

30 Quilting squares.  These are high quality, and all go together to make one quilt, if you use some plain squares inbetween.  

100 yards of navy 3/8" grosgrain ribbon

Two hair combs

Pocket sized wallets, choose 1 of the three.  ONE LARGE BUTTON WILL BE ADDED TO THE OUTSIDE!  

2 yards and inches of fabric

49 high temp regular sized glue sticks.  

Pick ONE of these!  One black, one dark brown, fur trim - very high quality gotten from High Fashion Fabrics in Houston.  Both are 2 yards long.  

PICK TWO

4 Never used bottles of craft paint

Floral crafting supplies:  two rolls of floral tape, and various flowers and pack of leaves

over 70 scrapbooking cards of varying size and small pair fancy edge scissors.  

brand new pack of brushes

Pack of popscicle sticks, bag of crafting wood chips in varying shapes, and some puff balls.  

bag of sequins, bag of eyes, bag of faceted glue on stones, none ever opened

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 12:31:48 PM by southernstitcher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
gavagai
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010 01:58:48 PM »

I claim Pack of popscicle sticks, bag of crafting wood chips in varying shapes, and some puff balls plus floral crafting supplies please.

Claims made so far: 2
Sendouts Not Sent:1

MY LIST

Pick 1

Retro looking orange cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45" (or claim half for 1/2 claim or 1FQ for 1/4 claim).

Matryoshka, Russian nesting dolls, cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45" (or claim half for 1/2 claim or 1FQ for 1/4 claim).

These are so much fun for babies to fiddle with. I have tried to mix lots of different materials and features in every taggie. They are all around 10" x 10", but size varies a bit.

Denim frogs! This taggie is made from the leg of a pair of jeans. If you lift the flap there are soft flannel frogs hiding! Backside is made of soft dark green velour (is there a better word in English?)

Cute little ninja boys (?). I got them in a swap but just haven't found a good craft project for them. Some of them show some wear. Claim all for one claim, 6 of them for 1/2 claim or 4 of them for 1/3 claim.

The below are my own improvised designs based on the ancient Japanese art of temari, which translated into English means "hand ball". The ball itself in these cases has a base consisting of a plastic bag (since temari is all about recycling) and round it is layers of hand wound yarn and thread to shape the ball and make the decorative surface. The embroidery is made with cotton perle. All handmade by me. Choice of blue ball (very dark blue IRL) or green. Egg cup/temari stand and image editor frames not included.  Cheesy

...or pick 2!

Hello Kitty metal box to put pens et.c. in (what are these things called in English?). Some minor scratches and colour shifts as seen in the second image above.

Traditional Swedish glass troll, about 2" tall, heavy and could be used as a paper weight. It has an inscription on the back, apparently some kind of SAAB commercial message, but that is only visible from the back (image 3). Really difficult to get a good picture of this one.

...or pick 3! NOW PICK 4

Cross stitch kits to make angels with ribbons and all sorts of stuff. 1/4 claim each! PRICE REDUCED

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. A few of them available if you want to claim more than one. PRICE REDUCED

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/4 claim each. PRICE REDUCED
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 02:00:58 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010 02:12:00 PM »

I would like to claim the "Retro looking orange cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45""
This will make a very cute baby dress!

Pick 1

Crocheted scarves, both are approximately 60in long, the pink one is 6in wide and the purple is 5in wide.
Claim as Pink scarf or Purple scarf

Cute aprons (made by my crafty aunt), I am pretty sure they are made from dishcloths (they are approximately 29 inches from top to bottom).  
Claim as Orange Polkadot Apron or Blue Cars Apron

Padded Laptop Sleeve
Laptop sleeve (made for my old laptop, hardly used since that thing was too heavy to really be portable, I washed before taking pics and the flannel pilled in the wash, padded with several layers of fleece, and closes with velcro.  (The measurements of my old laptop as provided by the Gateway website are= 1.31 to 1.40-inches (H) 14.09-inches (W) 10.39-inches (D)... it fit quite snug into this sleeve)

Toddler skirts  
Choose Black Hawaiian (12 mos) or Butterflies (18mos)

Toddler shorts
Choose Green Polkadots (tiny white polkadots) (12 mos), Big Polkadots (18 mos), Red Sports (2T), Camo Hawaiian (3T), Blue/Green Honeycomb (Amy Butler Midwest Modern)(4T)

Sheer Star Fabric
Over 6.5 yds of (58in wide) sheer fabric with cute green and yellow stars on it (has a few stain spots, pictured below... one looks like it might be rust and the other looks like ink but it's right above the selvage).  (pictures- 1. fabric, 2. close up of star, 3. rust-looking stains, 4. ink-looking stain)

4 Crocheted dish/washcloths!

Pick 2

Friends Embroidery Sampler
Has been opened but appears to have everything still included.

Candlewicking patterns, 1 opened (but the patterns don't even looked like they were unfolded), the other is still sealed.  (both = 1/2 claim)

Pick 3

Sewing Patterns
Claim as Simplicity 4758 (Size A, cut) or Simplicity 5961 (One Size, Apron D has been cut out but all pieces are included)

Claim as Simplicity 4116 (Size H5, uncut) or Vogue V8352 (Size AA, uncut)

Claim as Simplicity Built By Wendy 3964 (Size D5, uncut) or Simplicity 5105 (Size AA, 1 piece is cut... though I'm not sure why, haha)

Claim as Simplicity 4119 (Size H5, cut) or Simplicity 8523 (Size Z, uncut)

Claim as Simplicity Threads Collection 4072 (Size K5, uncut)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 06:20:02 PM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010 02:03:57 PM »

UPDATED 01/15 8:30 AM

I would like to claim Zelda.Suicide for:

Crocheted scarves, both are approximately 60in long, the pink one is 6in wide and the purple is 5in wide.
Purple scarf

All items are smoke free and come from a house with dogs.

Pick 1
Unopened bead baking rack

Pick 2
Two packages of unopened Green Fimo Effects

Two packages of unopened Fimo, one effects, one soft

Seed Beaded necklace, green and brown metallic beads

Poly-Clay faces mold

Another poly-clay faces mold

Unopened poly clay faces mold

Unopened palette knives

Bolt of ribbon...not sure how much is there but it's almost full.

Pick 4
Doll heads, 2 old ladies and an old man

Wire wrapped glass pendant

Quilting patterns

Barbie clothes patterns

Blue metal bucket

2 felt flowers, purple and red

Crackle medium...used once

Popsicle sticks...about 30 of them are gone

4 Unopened scrapbooking stickers packages...mom, prego ones, birthday, cutesy ones
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 12:43:58 PM by jca1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
gavagai
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010 10:13:23 PM »

I claim the bead baking rack. List in a sec.

Claims made so far: 3
Sendouts Not Sent:2

MY LIST

Pick 1

The below are my own improvised designs based on the ancient Japanese art of temari, which translated into English means "hand ball". The ball itself in these cases has a base consisting of a plastic bag (since temari is all about recycling) and round it is layers of hand wound yarn and thread to shape the ball and make the decorative surface. The embroidery is made with cotton perle. All handmade by me. Choice of blue ball (very dark blue IRL) or green. Egg cup/temari stand and image editor frames not included.  Cheesy

...or pick 2!

...or pick 3! NOW PICK 4

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. A few of them available if you want to claim more than one. PRICE REDUCED

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010 10:20:10 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010 12:49:23 PM »

UPDATED 01/19 11:00 AM

I would like to claim gavagai for: Matryoshka, Russian nesting dolls, cotton fabric. One claim is about 1 yard x 45

Sendouts Not Sent: 2

Pick 1
Unopened ball point paint tubes

Unopened 5 in 1 clay tool

3 rolls of felt for needle felting...the light blue one is missing a little piece out of it the other two are unopened

Pick 2

Poly-Clay faces mold

Unopened palette knives

Pick 4

Quilting patterns

Barbie clothes patterns

Blue metal bucket

4 Unopened scrapbooking stickers packages...mom, prego ones, birthday, cutesy ones

Bag of seashells

Circle cutouts for polyclay
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 10:39:46 AM by jca1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My etsy!
calluna
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010 10:46:22 AM »

I'll claim jca1982's bal point paint tubes.

I am in California, with a fuzzy dog (not the one in my avatar, though--much less fuzzy), neither of us smoke, I avoid smoke, and there is no indoor smoking at this house.

My offerings:

Take 1 of these:

"T-kettle" mini altered canvas set - 4 little bitty canvases; 2 have a purple-green sheen (interference paint) which doesn't show up in the photos.

- Flat-Rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera - vintage goodies, handmade paper, book pages, weird randomness, most images too big for ATCs. there will be embellishments, too, maybe some handspun yarn as well. Let me know your preferences and interests and I'll customize it for you.

- Small-Flat-Rate Box-of-Whimsies - same idea as the above, but more 3-dimensional. (: beads, vintage buttons, trims, notions, findings, oddities...y'know, whimsies.

- crocheted kerchief beautifully made by farmgirljane. I absolutely love it but somehow the shape of my head and my copious large hair don't allow it to sit right when I'm wearing it.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_9348.JPG

- 6 unopened packs of Sculpey III (polymer clay). Colors: Pink Pearl, Gray-Intermediate, Flesh (2 packs), Maroon, and Pearl. They'll need some major kneading, as all unhandled polymer clay does; I don't know how old they are because I bought them second hand but they don't feel brittle.

- Joker needlework - approx 4x7
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/75773_jokerxstitch.jpg

- Burlesque bookmark - x-stitch on aida cloth with black lace and microbead trim and big tacky feather sewn on. I made this for a swap but the recipient disappeared and the package was sent back to me.

magnetic mail holder - hard plastic, altered surface. Rescued from its earlier life as an ugly early-80s Avon item with a bland cutesy neighborhood on the front. Now it's got a goldish/bronzy finish on the visible portions, and lots of embellishment (mail-related) all over the place. There is a small area partitioned inside for pens and such, and the whole thing has a depth of about 1.5 inches. It has magnets on the back so it can sit on the fridge, and it also has holes for nails if it would go better on your wall.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/gold3.JPGhttp://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/altered090.jpg

recond vintage childrens textbook to CD holder - can hold 28 CDs and several liner note booklets. Bright colors, retro childrens theme, has a notepad inside and free space for adding personal embellishments. Manu Chao not included.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/100_10731.JPG

Take 2 of these:

- 50 sheets of off-white vellum paper, 8.5x11", can be run through some printers

- vintage cake toppers - warning, includes 2 scary clowns! All the strange plastic goodies in the picture except the ruler.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/oowyh126.jpg

- a rainbow of Kool-Aid packets for dyeing fiber or yarn - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple

- bead soup in a round tin - a hearty soup of mainly glass beads, none huge, but not all seed beads either.

Take 3 of these:

- set of 5 molded crayons from scrap-crayons - mixed colors, same shapes as these
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/swapshop_007.jpg

- one letter rubber stamp; made by Inkadinkadoo. wooden base. Claim by the letter.

- an unmounted rubber stamp- claim as: opera, pen, hat bird, augustin, P.O., australia, wine, milling, apples, prettymiss

- glossy blank punched cards - 16 sheets, heavy cardstock, about the size of a recipe card or large index card, bright white with a somewhat slick surface--not as glossy as a photo but has a sheen to it that makes it a perfect surface for rubber stamping and maybe alcohol inks. Large hole in the corner for binding them all with a bunch of chunky yarns!

- these old wooden spools of thread - I also have MANY wooden spools with no thread; if you would rather have some of those, just let me know; same quantity for the claim.

- any 5 rubber stamps from these thumbnails (or 15 of them for 1 claim). most are mounted with black foam. claim by name.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011 11:05:20 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010 03:40:18 PM »

I will claim the kerchief by calluna.  

Sendouts in Transit:1

Here are my offerings:

PICK TWO FOR ONE CLAIM, OR PICK ONE FOR 1/2 CLAIM

100 yards of navy 3/8" grosgrain ribbon

Pocket sized wallets, pick TWO FOR ONE CLAIM, OR pick one for 1/2 credit.  ONE LARGE BUTTON WILL BE ADDED TO THE OUTSIDE!  

2 yards and inches of fabric

Take BOTH of these!  One black, one dark brown, fur trim - very high quality gotten from High Fashion Fabrics in Houston.  Both are 2 yards long.  

PICK THREE

49 high temp regular sized glue sticks.  

Two hair combs

4 Never used bottles of craft paint

over 70 scrapbooking cards of varying size and small pair fancy edge scissors.  

brand new pack of brushes

bag of sequins, bag of eyes, bag of faceted glue on stones, none ever opened

Various frogs and some frog balls  

Three never used craft knives.  Break off each section as it gets dull.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010 07:59:35 AM by southernstitcher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
guacaMolly
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010 10:28:40 AM »

I would love to claim the supply of thread! It's just what I need for all of my varied, small brightly colored projects I'm planning!

Claim One:

Gallon size ziploc full of large lip balm like containers. Would be great for a solid body butter/lotion. About 15

12 Sliding lip balm tins with lids. Cute little slide top tins, perfect for all kinds of uses. Lip balm, salve, solid perfume, pills, candy, packaging for gifts, shipping, etc.

Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Pink with patterned trim. Let me know if you'd like measurements

Bright animals fabric, about 48x60 in. It seems like a thick muslin, could be used for pillows, curtains, etc. Freshly washed. Nickel shown for pattern size reference.

25 Vintage watchmaker paper envelopes with hands inside. Usually 1-2 each envelope, sometimes 3. If you claim this, you might get some other watch related vintage goodness.

Claim Any Two

Brown and pink damask bobby pins made by me.

Chocolate mint bobby pins made by me.

Everyday Brass Hoops. I literally do wear my pair nearly every day, made from oxidized brass that is nickel free. Also available in silver.

Reduced Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Yellow orange and white with some hand sewing and hand embroidery. Let me know if you'd like measurements

Unused House Mouse Holiday Stamp, acquired in the 90's

Package of (4) shank buttons with a lock and key. Appear to be set in resin.

Set of 5 Christmas ornaments, new in bubble wrap in box. Box is a little smushed, but they are intact and have never been used.

5 Sliding lip balm tins

Choose any 3

Paper Crane Earrings. I got them in a swap and they're very cute but I don't wear them! Hopefully they can go to someone who will adore them. Smiley

25 Small Gold Screw-in Hooks.

Bobby Pins! Fabric covered buttons, vintage BINGO pieces,  and buttons with bows!

(Middle row, last pair in blue and gold are gone)

Choose any 4

Embossing powders for use with rubber stamping! Two clear and one gold available. Two is 1/4th claim

Dog House Plastic Charms/Pendants. Please specify color(s) (Two charms is considered 1/4th claim)

Says "I'm in the dog house" at the top! Several available of each color, except only 1 gray.

Novelty Yarn -- Please specify color(s)

Misc. Rubber Stamps! Claim as Cherub, Merry Christmas, Santa or Rose

Choose any available 5 (or three, and one of the choose 2's)

Stoneware buttons/pieces for your use. They are unglazed, they look quite nice with an acrylic wash, but the painting/finishing is up to you! The edges were trimmed and smoothed before firing but not after. If a perfectly smooth piece is what you want, you may need to sand a little bit with sand paper, but it is pretty easy. I had to up the contrast in PhotoShop to show the patterns, they are a natural pale almond color. These were made from stoneware clay and fired in a kiln. The circles are about 1.5"-2"

3 for .5 pt. Claim as patterned diamond (1), circle flower , pine branch (1), palm tree (2), angel (1), sheep in circle (1), cat in circle (1), sailboat (2), seahorse (1), heart design .

Claim as circle basketweave (2), impressed lace , leaf and acorn (1), eagle (1), Sage (1), Grapes (1).

Claim as dreamy lady 1, 2, 3 or 4

Claim as Butterfly (1), Triangle (6), Heart (4), Sheep (3), Bunny (1)

Short Asian characters is the only toggle available!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 12:54:20 PM by guacaMolly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010 12:55:22 PM »

*bump*

I finally got the chance to post my list!

I could swear this is another Monday......  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010 02:11:14 PM »

i'll claim the everyday brass hoops and the pkg of 4 shank buttons w/ lock & key on them!

list in a sec....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010 03:00:51 PM »

Hello, Im Kym and I live in a smoke-free & pet-free home in NJ.

pick 1:

craft kit - how to make a shakerbox
(all supplies and instructions included, but sample shakerbox in picture is not)

skull earrings

Cute pink & floral purse

cute wrist cuffs (3 sets and 1 single for 1 claim)
the striped ones have thumbholes and reach to the elbow, the black & white is a single cuff and can be worn on the forearm.  please pm me if you want pictures of the cuffs being worn Smiley

Calendar pages for decoupage, envelope making, etc.
You will get 12 pages; choose from: shoes, ferrets, napoleon dynamite, simpons, or futurama (you may mix & match from any calendars just add up to 12 pages!)

Christmas goodies surprise grab bag an assortment of Christmas themed goodies, mostly handmade.  I will select at least 3-4 different whimsies for you!

Surprise grab bag an assortment of fabulous little trinkets and goodies, mostly handmade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
jca1982
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010 10:43:48 AM »

UPDATED 01/20

I would like to claim sugaree for a surprise grab bag of goodies! Smiley

Sendouts Sent: 1

Pick 1

Unopened 5 in 1 clay tool

3 rolls of felt for needle felting...the light blue one is missing a little piece out of it the other two are unopened

Pick 2 or Pick 1 for 1/2 claim

Poly-Clay faces mold

Unopened palette knives

Unopened Fimo Effects, one gold, one red

Pick 4 or Pick 2 for 1/2 claim

Quilting patterns

Barbie clothes patterns

Blue metal bucket

Bag of seashells

Circle cutouts for polyclay

Yo-Yo Button Brooch
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010 02:37:38 PM by jca1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My etsy!
guacaMolly
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010 10:57:47 AM »

Ooh, I would really like the 5 in 1 tool please! Smiley

Claim One:

Gallon size ziploc full of large lip balm like containers. Would be great for a solid body butter/lotion. About 15

12 Sliding lip balm tins with lids. Cute little slide top tins, perfect for all kinds of uses. Lip balm, salve, solid perfume, pills, candy, packaging for gifts, shipping, etc.

Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Pink with patterned trim. Let me know if you'd like measurements

Bright animals fabric, about 48x60 in. It seems like a thick muslin, could be used for pillows, curtains, etc. Freshly washed. Nickel shown for pattern size reference.

25 Vintage watchmaker paper envelopes with hands inside. Usually 1-2 each envelope, sometimes 3. If you claim this, you might get some other watch related vintage goodness.

Claim Any Two

Brown and pink damask bobby pins made by me.

Chocolate mint bobby pins made by me.

Everyday Brass Hoops. I literally do wear my pair nearly every day, made from oxidized brass that is nickel free. Also available in silver.

Reduced Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Yellow orange and white with some hand sewing and hand embroidery. Let me know if you'd like measurements

Unused House Mouse Holiday Stamp, acquired in the 90's

Set of 5 Christmas ornaments, new in bubble wrap in box. Box is a little smushed, but they are intact and have never been used.

5 Sliding lip balm tins

Choose any 3

Paper Crane Earrings. I got them in a swap and they're very cute but I don't wear them! Hopefully they can go to someone who will adore them. Smiley

Bobby Pins! Fabric covered buttons, vintage BINGO pieces,  and buttons with bows!

Choose any 4

Embossing powders for use with rubber stamping! Two clear and one gold available. Two is 1/4th claim

Dog House Plastic Charms/Pendants. Please specify color(s) (Two charms is considered 1/4th claim)

Says "I'm in the dog house" at the top! Several available of each color, except only 1 gray.

Novelty Yarn -- Please specify color(s)

Misc. Rubber Stamps! Claim as Cherub, Merry Christmas, Santa or Rose

Stoneware buttons/pieces for your use. They are unglazed, they look quite nice with an acrylic wash, but the painting/finishing is up to you! The edges were trimmed and smoothed before firing but not after. If a perfectly smooth piece is what you want, you may need to sand a little bit with sand paper, but it is pretty easy. I had to up the contrast in PhotoShop to show the patterns, they are a natural pale almond color. These were made from stoneware clay and fired in a kiln. The circles are about 1.5"-2"

3 for .5 pt. Claim as patterned diamond (1), circle flower , pine branch (1), palm tree (2), angel (1), sheep in circle (1), cat in circle (1), sailboat (2), seahorse (1), heart design .

Claim as circle basketweave (2), impressed lace , leaf and acorn (1), eagle (1), Sage (1), Grapes (1).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010 12:00:09 PM »

Ok, let me know if this is okay: I'd like to claim both sets of guacaMolly's bingo bobby pins, one packet of clear embossing powder, and the green novelty yarn!

Sendouts Received: 1

My offerings:

Take 1 of these:

green/yellow recon book - sewn binding, hard cover taken from old Readers Digest Condensed Books. Mixed paper inside.

green/rust recon book - sewn binding with ribbons at spine, hard cover taken from old Readers Digest Condensed Books. Mixed paper inside.

pink/rust recon book - sewn binding, hardcover. Book block is attached only to back cover, with spine and front cover mainly just decorative. Mixed paper inside. Made with almost entirely reclaimed materials.

"Songs of the Doomed" recon book - a Hunter S. Thompson/gonzo journalism book originally, now a blank mini binder full of mixed blank paper and images.

- Joker needlework - approx 4x7”

recon’d vintage children’s textbook to CD holder - can hold 28 CDs and several liner note booklets. Bright colors, retro children’s theme, has a notepad inside and free space for adding personal embellishments. Manu Chao not included.

Take 2 of these:

-'60s Swinger blank book - about 20 pages, soft-cover sewn binding with metallic silver ads from the 60s for singles events and services for swingers. It's so tacky, I couldn't help it!

Take 3 of these:

- set of 6 molded multi-color crayons from scrap-crayons - each one a different color scheme, same shapes as these

- one letter rubber stamp (or 4 for 1 claim); made by Inkadinkadoo. wooden base. Claim by the letter.

- an unmounted rubber stamp (or 4 for 1 claim)- claim as: opera, pen, hat bird, augustin, P.O., australia, wine, milling, apples, prettymiss

- any 5 rubber stamps from these thumbnails (or 16 of them for 1 claim). most are mounted with black foam. claim by name.
mushrooms, pillar, peanut (or potato?), pepper, peach, garlic, big b-fly, tropical fish, squash
fish, snake, penguin, frog, monkey, elephant, shell, paw 1, lop, paw 2, tortoise, b-fly, bunny butt, otters, little bird, crane, ram, camel, sea turtle
cloud 1, snowflake, fire, stars1, cloud 2, star, earth, waves, stars2, moon, wave
tree, cairo, lotus L, pineapple, asparagus, lotus R
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010 09:27:41 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010 02:43:18 PM »

UPDATED 01/20

I would like to claim calluna for: green/yellow recon book

Pick 1

Flat-Rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera: such as vintage goods, random pieces of paper, book pages, weird random pics, random little pieces of ribbon. If there is specific images that you don't like, please let me know.

Poly-Clay faces mold

Unopened palette knives

Quilting patterns

Blue metal bucket

Bag of seashells

Yo-Yo Button Brooch
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 10:40:52 AM by jca1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My etsy!
corduroy cat
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010 10:55:44 AM »

I would like to claim jca1982 for: silver and blue fimo, crackle medium and bag of seashells

Claims made so far: 0

i live in a smoke free flat in london, uk. there's 2 cats here as well!

PICK 1
kitty beanie

2 bird pins

altered domino pendant

"gloomy" wall hanging/bookmark

set of 3 vintage easter bunny candy/egg holders

PICK 2 or 1 for 1/2 claim
"candy ass" cross stitch kit

happy star felt pin

large brooch

tin of beef bandages

fabric cuff

olive oil soap chips for felting

PICK 3
black plastic cabs (penny size)

assorted antique cigarette cards

enamel pins

skater stickers

2 mini pillows (approx 4")

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010 11:49:26 AM »

I would like to claim the "candy ass" cross stitch kit & the tin of beef bandages!
Thanks!

Pick 1

Claim as Pink scarf

Cute aprons (made by my crafty aunt), I am pretty sure they are made from dishcloths (they are approximately 29 inches from top to bottom).  
Claim as Orange Polkadot Apron or Blue Cars Apron

Padded Laptop Sleeve
Laptop sleeve (made for my old laptop, hardly used since that thing was too heavy to really be portable, I washed before taking pics and the flannel pilled in the wash, padded with several layers of fleece, and closes with velcro.  (The measurements of my old laptop as provided by the Gateway website are= 1.31 to 1.40-inches (H) 14.09-inches (W) 10.39-inches (D)... it fit quite snug into this sleeve)

Toddler skirts  
Choose Black Hawaiian (12 mos) or Butterflies (18mos)

Toddler shorts
Choose Green Polkadots (tiny white polkadots) (12 mos), Big Polkadots (18 mos), Red Sports (2T), Camo Hawaiian (3T), Blue/Green Honeycomb (Amy Butler Midwest Modern)(4T)

Sheer Star Fabric
Over 6.5 yds of (58in wide) sheer fabric with cute green and yellow stars on it (has a few stain spots, pictured below... one looks like it might be rust and the other looks like ink but it's right above the selvage).  (pictures- 1. fabric, 2. close up of star, 3. rust-looking stains, 4. ink-looking stain)

3 Crocheted dish/washcloths!  (rainbow one no longer included)

Lot of faux fur
Lots and lots of random faux fur, some larger pieces, lots of smaller scrap pieces.

Fleece scraps
2 gallon sized ziplock bags worth (there's probably another one somewhere around here, haha) of fleece (fabric) scraps, mostly very small pieces, would be great to use for stuffing.

Pick 2

No items at this time (moved them all to pick 3 and moved the pick 3 to pick 4)...

Pick 3

Friends Embroidery Sampler
Has been opened but appears to have everything still included.

Candlewicking patterns, 1 opened (but the patterns don't even looked like they were unfolded), the other is still sealed.  (both = 1/2 claim)

Embroidery pattern
Kid's Number Sampler embroidery pattern.  New, unopened.

Fishing XStitch Kit
"Gone Fishing" X-Stitch kit, opened/no longer in original packaging, but everything is included.

Crossstitch/Aida Cloth
3 FQ+ sized pieces of crossstitch/aida cloth.  (I did not actually measure them, I will if you would like)

Pick 4

Sewing Patterns
Claim as Simplicity 4758 (Size A, cut) or Simplicity 5961 (One Size, Apron D has been cut out but all pieces are included)

Claim as Simplicity 4116 (Size H5, uncut) or Vogue V8352 (Size AA, uncut)

Claim as Simplicity Built By Wendy 3964 (Size D5, uncut) or Simplicity 5105 (Size AA, 1 piece is cut... though I'm not sure why, haha)

Claim as Simplicity 4119 (Size H5, cut) or Simplicity 8523 (Size Z, uncut)

Claim as Simplicity Threads Collection 4072 (Size K5, uncut)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010 08:31:17 AM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010 08:32:37 AM »

*bump*

Moved all my Pick 2 items to the Pick 3 section and all the Pick 3 items are now Pick 4.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

varandra
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010 09:51:50 AM »

Hello, I would like to claim the following sewing patterns from Zelda.Suicide:

Simplicity Built by Wendy 3964
Simplicity Threads Collection 4072
Simplicity 4116
Simplicity 5961

The things on my list come from a smoke-free environment, but there may be traces of cat allergens on them.

And here's the list:

1 claim

Skirt, made from repurposed materials. I love it but it doesn't fit me. I would estimate it to a size L or M/L. Unstretched the waistband is 32" (81 cm) around, but it stretches a lot, so I recommend it to someone with a larger hip/waist measurement than this. The waist band is 10" (25 cm) long, and looks nice folded double. Total length is 30" (76 cm) and depending on how it's worn it will go down to the knee or a bit below the knee. Could probably be worn as a dress as well. The white material is very sheer, so unless the wearer is very exhibitionistic, there is need for an underskirt or leggings underneath.

1/2 claim

One choice of the following fabric items = 1/2 claim (left to right):
1. Yellow and green striped vintage fabric. I think it has once served as a curtain. Roughly measures 35" x 35" (90 x 90 cm), in some places wider in some places narrower. There is a faint stain on it, about 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm) big, it may wash away, I haven't attempted to remove it.
2. Gray and black wide striped felted wool cardigan, missing part of the sleeves and half of one front. Excellent for small felted projects. I made wrist cuffs from part of the sleeves, and embroidered them with red flowers, looks great!
3. Bright Orange (less yellow than the pic) very elastic cotton jersey. Tubular shape, measures approximately 15" x 32" (38 x 80 cm). Great for t-shirts, tank tops, tube tops, ribbing for all kinds of garments...
4. Three vintage pillowcases. They measure 18" x 23" (45 x 60 cm), except the one to the right, which has a piece cut out. Excellent for patchwork or small projects.
5. Retro fabric/surprise blouse! This is genuine 60's/70's fabric from an old seamstress friend. It is cut out to make a blouse, but can be used for other crafty purposes as well. I suspect there is a center front panel missing, otherwise the back seems unproportionately large compared to the front flaps. Anyway, whether you want to give the (large) blouse a try, use the material for patchwork or anything else, it's an excellent opportunity to get some really neat vintage fabric!
6. Hand silk-screened eye prints in black on white/natural fabric swatches. The print comes in 4 different versions and is printed on several different types of fabric. There are 40 swatches in the lot. The print measures 3" x 4,5" (11,5 x 7,5 cm). I had plans to make something cool from these, like stitching them onto paper to make cards or something like that. But that's never going to happen, so I hope someone else can make something awesome from them. If they're going in the washer I recommend pressing them with a hot iron for a minute or two first.

Wallet. Hand silk-screened adorable green print featuring little chairs. Lined with lime green felt. Coin compartment + 2 compartments for cards/bills inside. Finishing could be neater, but except for that it's a really neat little wallet.

1/4 claim

Choose one of the following two for 1/4 claim (or both for 1/2):
Left: Bag of whimsies: what you see is what you get (plus a plastic belt buckle that had fallen out of the picture)! A bag full of little trinkets, your imagination sets the boundaries for what these can be crafted into.
Right: 6 gift boxes made from old photos (I can make more of these, 6 giftboxes = 1/4 claim, please specify if you want any theme or special motif and I'll see what I can do).

One choice of the following sewing supplies = 1/4 claim (left to right):
1. Black lace ribbon. Perfect for adding a ruffly lacy finish to your sewing projects. 106" (270 cm).
2. 2 black purse handles in plastic. Inner diameter approximately 4,5" (11 cm).
3. Red and Yellow felted flower brooch and red felted flower with 2 leaves. Hopefully someone can make something fabulous from these!
4. Purple satin ribbon. Water repellent acetate. 1,5" (4 cm) wide. Says 50 yards on the spool, some of it has been used but not much, my guess is that theres at least 30-40 yards left.

Fake fur, beige. Measures approximately 6" x 16" (16 x 40 cm), but is a curved shape, so the bottom end is slightly longer. I've made a bike saddle warmer from it, and I think, with some clever cutting, there's enough to make one more from this. Or any other fluffy fuzzy craft. (:

One choice of the following jewelry = 1 claim (left to right):
1. black fimo clay earring (for ordinary sized piercings, no stretching needed) 
2. crochet metal wire and pearl bracelet (children's size).
3. 2 button pins
4. dangly earrings
5. brown and green macram bracelet 1/4" wide

One choice of the following necklaces = 1/4 claim (left to right):
1. black with blue/green stones and an egyptian scarab (22", 56 cm)
2. black flat beads (18", 46 cm)
3. red/pink square wooden beads (26,5", 67 cm)
4. black matte seed beads (29", 74 cm)
5. Silver & green beads (38", 96 cm)
6. Bronze, silver & green beads (48", 122 cm).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want more details! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
jca1982
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010 10:43:58 AM »

UPDATED 01/20

I would like to claim varandra for the following:
Hand silk-screened eye prints in black on white/natural fabric swatches
And
Three vintage pillowcases

Pick 1

Flat-Rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera: such as vintage goods, random pieces of paper, book pages, weird random pics, random little pieces of ribbon. If there is specific images that you don't like, please let me know.

Poly-Clay faces mold

Unopened palette knives

Quilting patterns

Blue metal bucket

Yo-Yo Button Brooch
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010 06:03:28 AM by jca1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My etsy!
varandra
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010 11:13:10 AM »

I'm making up for entering this round so late, I would like to claim jca1982 back for the flat rate envelope stuffed with paper/ephemera.  Grin

The things on my list come from a smoke-free environment, but there may be traces of cat allergens on them. Crossed out items are no longer available.

And here's the list:

1 claim

Skirt, made from repurposed materials. I love it but it doesn't fit me. I would estimate it to a size L or M/L. Unstretched the waistband is 32" (81 cm) around, but it stretches a lot, so I recommend it to someone with a larger hip/waist measurement than this. The waist band is 10" (25 cm) long, and looks nice folded double. Total length is 30" (76 cm) and depending on how it's worn it will go down to the knee or a bit below the knee. Could probably be worn as a dress as well. The white material is very sheer, so unless the wearer is very exhibitionistic, there is need for an underskirt or leggings underneath.

1/2 claim

1. Yellow and green striped vintage fabric. I think it has once served as a curtain. Roughly measures 35" x 35" (90 x 90 cm), in some places wider in some places narrower. There is a faint stain on it, about 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm) big, it may wash away, I haven't attempted to remove it.
2. Gray and black wide striped felted wool cardigan, missing part of the sleeves and half of one front. Excellent for small felted projects. I made wrist cuffs from part of the sleeves, and embroidered them with red flowers, looks great!
3. Bright Orange (less yellow than the pic) very elastic cotton jersey. Tubular shape, measures approximately 15" x 32" (38 x 80 cm). Great for t-shirts, tank tops, tube tops, ribbing for all kinds of garments...
4. Three vintage pillowcases.
5. Retro fabric/surprise blouse! This is genuine 60's/70's fabric from an old seamstress friend. It is cut out to make a blouse, but can be used for other crafty purposes as well. I suspect there is a center front panel missing, otherwise the back seems unproportionately large compared to the front flaps. Anyway, whether you want to give the (large) blouse a try, use the material for patchwork or anything else, it's an excellent opportunity to get some really neat vintage fabric!
6. Hand silk-screened eye prints in black on white/natural fabric swatches.

Wallet. Hand silk-screened adorable green print featuring little chairs. Lined with lime green felt. Coin compartment + 2 compartments for cards/bills inside. Finishing could be neater, but except for that it's a really neat little wallet.

1/4 claim

Left: Bag of whimsies: what you see is what you get (plus a plastic belt buckle that had fallen out of the picture)! A bag full of little trinkets, your imagination sets the boundaries for what these can be crafted into.
Right: 6 gift boxes made from old photos (I can make more of these, 6 giftboxes = 1/4 claim, please specify if you want any theme or special motif and I'll see what I can do).

1. Black lace ribbon. Perfect for adding a ruffly lacy finish to your sewing projects. 106" (270 cm).
3. Red and Yellow felted flower brooch and red felted flower with 2 leaves. Hopefully someone can make something fabulous from these!
4. Purple satin ribbon. Water repellent acetate. 1,5" (4 cm) wide. Says 50 yards on the spool, some of it has been used but not much, my guess is that theres at least 30-40 yards left.

Fake fur, beige. Measures approximately 6" x 16" (16 x 40 cm), but is a curved shape, so the bottom end is slightly longer. I've made a bike saddle warmer from it, and I think, with some clever cutting, there's enough to make one more from this. Or any other fluffy fuzzy craft. (:

One choice of the following jewelry = 1 claim (left to right):
2. crochet metal wire and pearl bracelet (children's size).
3. 2 button pins
4. dangly earrings

One choice of the following necklaces = 1/4 claim (left to right):
1. black with blue/green stones and an egyptian scarab (22", 56 cm)
2. black flat beads (18", 46 cm)
3. red/pink square wooden beads (26,5", 67 cm)
4. black matte seed beads (29", 74 cm)
5. Silver & green beads (38", 96 cm)
6. Bronze, silver & green beads (48", 122 cm).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want more details! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

guacaMolly
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010 12:14:16 PM »

Ooh, I would really like the skirt, please! Smiley

Sendouts Sent: 2
Sendouts in Transit:1
Sendouts Received:1

Claim One:

url=http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=297849][/url]

Claim Any Two

Aromatherapy bath salts with shimmery, glittery micah! Great to tuck in with hostess or Christmas gifts, or to unwind and treat yourself at the end of the day. Enough for at least two baths, or 3 foot soaks. I've made them very potent and smelly-good!  Wink
Currently have lavender and lavender mint essential oil fragranced.

Almond Cuticle Cream. Made from a rich combination of beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and more, this stuff is so awesome. This little container goes a long way, too. A staple in my purse in these winter months! I can decorate the lid with a little silver star or lady bug instead of flowers if you prefer. (.5) each

Cherry Blossom Earrings. Oxidized sterling silver, glass beads. (.5)

Brown and Pink Damask, Mint Chocolate Chip, Leafy and Shangri La Bobby Pins. Fabric covered, the button is 7/8" and slightly rounded, attached to 2" no slip bobby pins.

Everyday Brass Hoops. I literally do wear my pair nearly every day, made from oxidized brass that is nickel free. Also available in silver. About the size of a half dollar coin.

5 Sliding lip balm tins

Sunburst earrings, oxidized brass (nickel free) (.5)

A Night in Paris Earrings, oxidized brass (nickel free), or silver colored with sterling ear wires (.5)

Tiny Spoons! Choose green or purple dangly czech glass faceted beads. (.5)

Choose any 3

Choose any 4

Embossing powders for use with rubber stamping! One clear and one gold available. Two is 1/4th claim

Novelty Yarn -- Please specify color(s) (Bright green no longer available)

]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 07:18:24 PM by guacaMolly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010 07:19:40 PM »

*Bump*! Added new things, and corrected my claim-- whoops!  Roll Eyes Fixed now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010 09:49:49 AM »

I claim guacaMolly's 5 sliding lip balm tins and almond cuticle cream.

Hello! I'm Ava. I'm 24 years old, recently returned from a year overseas and trying to crack down on the avalanche of craft bits I have lying around, one swap at a time Smiley. I live in a pet-friendly home in Tennessee.

Claim 1:

48 x 52 Climbing Flowers Upholstery fabric

1 yards Blue with White Swirls fabric

Unopened bag of Traditional Polyfill Batting

4 for 1 Deal: Four unopened bags of seashells

Claim any 2:

Thrifted Dragonfly Pillowcase. Some seams are weak, but the fabric itself (and zipper) are great. (.5 claim)

Plastic organizer for beads, bobbins, or threads. (.5 claim)

Hardcover journal with lined pages, blank. (.5 claim)

2 skeins macrame hemp (.5 claim)

1 unopened classic drawer pull (.5 claim)

1 opened package of fabric pencils in blue, white, and red (.5 claim)

Mushroom pin cushion (pins not included) (.5 claim)

Set of 5 guitar picks (.5 claim)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I_Bleed_Hot_Glue

Edna - the ultimate DIYer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010 08:26:49 PM »

I would like to claim Avabrowneyes's Unopened bag of Traditional Polyfill Batting

I am in New York, living with one smoker and no pets. 

My offerings... TAKE ANY THREE ITEMS

Black Board book (6" x6")

Gallery Glass (paint to make sun catchers and such) - 3 unopened, 3 opened but hardly used. Take only 3 for 1/2 an item.

Clip On washable markers

Beginner embroidery set (includes material, instructions, needle, thread and some patterns, and the bag)

2 Mirror tiles (about 3"x3")

5 wooden veneer samples (about 3"x3")

Various plastic beads (two equal half an item)

Ceramic tiles (all about the size of a nickel)

Glass Pendant (About an 1.25" across)

Glass Pendant (about 1.5" diameter)

Plastic sew-on gems(?)  (I am not sure what you would call them - about the size of a dime, with two holes)

glass heart beads (vertical holes)

Ceramic pendants (about an 1.5" diameter - pick two for 1 item)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010 08:41:19 PM by I_Bleed_Hot_Glue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hot glue makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
varandra
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010 04:28:33 AM »

My last claim for the round, I'd like to claim the black board book and 4 ceramic pendants, more specifically number 1 and 4 from the left on the 2nd row and number 1 and 2 from the left on the 4th row. Hope I got the number of items right.

The things on my list come from a smoke-free environment, but there may be traces of cat allergens on them. Crossed out items are no longer available.

And here's the updated list (hoping the pictures are clearer):

2. Gray and black wide striped felted wool cardigan. Missing part of the sleeves and half of one front. Excellent for small felted projects. I made wrist cuffs from part of the sleeves, and embroidered them with red flowers, looks great!

3. Bright Orange very elastic cotton jersey (less yellow than the pic). Tubular shape, measures approximately 15" x 32" (38 x 80 cm). Great for t-shirts, tank tops, tube tops, ribbing for all kinds of garments...

4. Retro fabric/surprise blouse! This is genuine 60's/70's fabric from an old seamstress friend. It is cut out to make a blouse, but can be used for other crafty purposes as well. I suspect there is a center front panel missing, otherwise the back seems unproportionately large compared to the front flaps. Anyway, whether you want to give the (large) blouse a try, use the material for patchwork or anything else, it's an excellent opportunity to get some really neat vintage fabric!

5. Wallet. Hand silk-screened adorable green print featuring little chairs. Lined with lime green felt. Coin compartment + 2 compartments for cards/bills inside. Finishing could be neater, but except for that it's a really neat little wallet.

1/4 claim

1/4 claim: Fake fur, beige. Measures approximately 6" x 16" (16 x 40 cm), but is a curved shape, so the bottom end is slightly longer. I've made a bike saddle warmer from it, and I think, with some clever cutting, there's enough to make one more from this. Or any other fluffy fuzzy craft. (:

One choice of the following jewelry = 1/4 claim:

2. crochet violet metal wire and white bead bracelet (children's size).

3. 2 button pins

4. dangly earrings

6. black with blue/green stones and an egyptian scarab (22", 56 cm)

7. black flat beads (18", 46 cm)

8. red/pink square wooden beads (26,5", 67 cm)

9. black matte seed beads (29", 74 cm)

10. Silver & green beads (38", 96 cm)

11. Bronze, silver & green beads (48", 122 cm).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Texture
How to Add Photos to a Frame
How to Personalize the Urban Grunge Template
How to Add a different background
How to Change the Color of a Digital Backdrop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...