A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2010 Birthday Swap ~LISTS ONLY~ (Join all month)  (Read 6077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2010 03:49:37 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Questions? Please post here in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332558.0

Swap name: January 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: MareMare
Sign-up date range:  Jan 1 - Jan 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion thread:  

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332558.0
 Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive updates

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC"s may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put December Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever  Grin
Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"January Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by January 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  January 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to sendout after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- January 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Last year's January Birthday Swap:
January 2009 Gallery/Discussion
January 2009 Birthday Swap

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap:
December 2009 Gallery/Discussion
December 2009 Birthday Swap
November 2009 Gallery/Discussion
November 2009 Birthday Swap
October 2009 Gallery/Discussion
October 2009 Birthday Swap
September 2009 Gallery/Discussion
September 2009 Birthday Swap

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010 12:06:45 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010 03:51:40 AM »

Birthday Swappers:
(claims made/claims sent and in transit/claims sent and received)

6iggle Jan 23 (1/0/1) 1 Gift Coming
barbolot Jan 15 FOC (3/0/3) 3 Gifts Coming
BertaBerta Jan 5 (2/0/2) 1 Gift Coming
crazy4bags Jan 16 (1/0/1) 2 Gifts Coming
devilxkat Jan 14 (2/0/2) 2 Gifts Coming
juliminustheE Jan 25 (2/0/2) 1 Gift Coming
leighi123   Jan 3 (1/0/1) 1 Gift coming
mandyp Welcome First Time Swapper! Jan 18 (1/0/1) 2 Gifts coming
myyrh Jan 17 (2/0/2) 1 Gift coming
phnxreign99 Jan 16 FOC (3/0/3) 4 Gifts coming
puamelia Jan 4 FOC (1/0/1) 2 Gifts Coming
Retro_Rose Jan 25 FOC (2/0/2) 1 Gift coming
RevolutionaryGirl Jan 6 (1/0/1) 1 Gifts Coming

Slingmomma Jan 12 FOC (2/0/2) 1 Gift coming
sunspotted Jan 11 FOC (2/0/2) 2 Gifts coming
tcha345 Jan 23 FOC (1/0/1) 1 Gift coming
timpani~jax Jan 10 (2/0/2) 2 Gift coming

Non Birthday Swappers:

alwaysinmyroom FOC (2/0/2)
MareMare FOC (0/0/0)
Troublet FOC (5/0/5)

Sent
Received
PM Organizer
Late with Communication

Claims:

Send by Mon, Jan 18
Retro_Rose to Slingmomma--scarf, mittens, and bath scrubbies
Retro_Rose to sunspotted--sachets and yarn
Slingmomma to Retro_Rose--scarflet and stitch markers
sunspotted to phnxreign99--crochet/knit dishcloths, crochet thread patterns, something Wiccan
juliminustheE to phnxreign99--apron
mandyp to RevolutionaryGirl--make-up bag, jewelry, supplies

Send by Tues, Jan 19
RevolutionaryGirl to mandyp--change purse and knitted scarf
barbolot to mandyp--crochet hook roll and change purse
tcha345 to phnxreign99--slippers
crazy4bags to phnxreign99--yarn, jewelry, jewelry supplies, extras

Send by Wed, Jan 20
sunspotted to barbolot--house shaped throw pillow

Send by Thursday, Jan 21
myyrh to leighi123--reusable produce bag, notebook, fabric
timpani~jax to barbolot--embroidered wall art and buttons
timpani~jax to sunspotted--framed embroidery in black and white and a bead soup

Send by Friday, Jan 22
leighi123 to tcha345--ferret bed and handmade soaps
phnxreign99 to juliminustheE--kawaii cuteness inspired by wists plus extras
troublet to leighi123--wisty surprise Thank You Card--

Send by Saturday, Jan 23
juliminustheE to myyrh--"Home is Where the Hearthstone is" plaque
barbolot to timpani~jax--tote bag
phnxreign99 to timpani~jax--tote bag and ami penguin

Send by January 25
6iggle to myrrh--tie dye and knitting needle roll
BertaBerta to crazy4bags--nature inspired coasters

Send by January 28
devilxkat to crazy4bags--fantasia shirt and glass jewelry

Send by Monday, February 1
Troublet to 6iggle--super sock monkey and scrapbooking supplies Thank You Card--Received

Send by Wednesday, February 3
Troublet to Barbolot--crocheted dishcloths Thank you card--Sent

Send by Thursday, Febrary 4
Myrrh to BertaBerta--hairsticks and handmade beads

Send by Friday, February 5
Troublet to devilxkat--Surprise!TY crd--received

Send by Saturday, February 6
phnxreign99 to devilxkat--something with Kuronecko
devilxkat to RevolutionaryGirl--something with Cthulhu and Halloween fabric

Send by Monday, February 8
BertaBerta to Myyrh--funky handspun and hair flower(s)

Send by Tuesday, February 9
alwaysinmyroom to myyrh--apron
alwaysinmyroom to devilxkat--throw pillows

Send by Wednesday, February 10
Slingmomma to sunspotted--wallet and lots of supplies

Send by Thursday, February 11
puamelia to barbolot--something Hawaiian

Send by Friday, February 12
troublet to puamelia--beretTY card--received

Send by Monday, February 15
barbolot to puamelia--wristlet and hair accessories
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010 10:39:27 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
RevolutionaryGirl

Evil Genius Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010 12:48:23 PM »

Hello, Im Chelsea and Im turning 24 this upcoming 6th. I live in lower rural New York (read: not the city). I work the night shift in a hospital as a telemetry tech. (I watch heart monitors plus run around for patients a lot.)Im also training to be a voice actor.
I sculpt with polymer clay, knit, sew plushies and some clothing and dabble in jewelry making. In my free time I read wading my way through the great literature canon, sci-fi, fantasy, manga, and whatever strikes my fancy. Some of my favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Walter Moers, H. P. Lovecraft, and Terry Pratchett. I enjoy writing, drawing/sketching, singing, video games, comic books (The Sandman, Batman, Green Lantern, X-men etc.), watching crappy horror movies and Shakespeare adapted to movie formats. I run and learn various martial arts to keep in shape.

Fav colors: black, red, silver, purple, blue, green, gold.
Some favorite shows: Doctor Who, Batman: The Animated Series, The Venture Brothers, South Park, Moral Orel, Samurai Jack.

Fav Movies: Pans Labyrinth, Labyrinth, Mirrormask, Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Reefer Madness,  Aladdin, Night of the Living Dead, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Up, Wall-E
Fav Video Games: Silent hill series, Kingdom Hearts series, Okami, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Portal, Legend of Zelda series

Anime/manga:  http://myanimelist.net/profile/EndoftheWorld
(Quick summary: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Petshop of Horrors, Bleach, Ouran, Death Note, Miracle Train)

Wist:  http://www.wists.com/RevolutionaryGirl

Im really into steam punk, science, and Greco-roman inspired things

My shirt size is medium.

Crafted things:
Anything on my wist or based on my likes
Cthulhu mythos anything Thanks Devilxkat!
DS holder/organizer (Something like this -  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=252889.0)
Cozy/cover for my zune - I have a 120 gig/2nd gen - I can provide dimensions
Hat for running
Rings
Necklaces
Pins/broaches
Jewelry in general Thanks mandyp!
Anything Steampunk I love gears sooooo much
Themed shirts, sweatshirts
Make-up bag Thanks mandyp!
Cosplay items
Secret hiding place book you know, the bulk of the book pages are carved out so you can hide stuff in it. Heres a pic from a recent swap I was in: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/angelcallie/not%20icons/100_3063.jpg

Supplies:
Resin things never worked with it but would like to start
Yarn any kind (Im working on a scarf made of Lions Head white and sparkly. That could help.) Actually I have enough white and sparkly now. Thanks for the black/white yarn Mandyp!
Clay any kind I mostly used Fimo mostly cause they have the best selection around me and do things like transparent clay (my fav!) but I like to try different stuff
Gear/steampunk themed fabric (Even just point me in the right direction for the gear fabric, I can't find any...)
Funky fabric anything off beat
Halloween fabricThanks Devilxkat!
Language themed fabric (music and math count as languages)
Peacock fabric
Science fabric
Drawing/sketching supplies
Inking supplies
Receiving some from Mandyp, Thank you! (Supplies were awesome music, peacock and gear related fabrics!
I could always use more...

Extras:
Tea
Crappy horror films
Martial art themed workout dvds/books
(Obviously used/$5 bin is fine. Or if you have a few you just want to get rid of!)

Odd request:
Any song with literary reference or basis. Just a title, artist, cd name. No worries on sending the mp3, Ill get it the legal way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Happy birthday all you January babies!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 11:30:21 PM by RevolutionaryGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/RevolutionaryGirl

Batman Swap - Sent and received!
Doctor Who Swap - Sent 10/27
sunspotted
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010 01:20:40 PM »

Hello fellow January babies!  Im Allison and I will be 40 on the 11th.  Thank the gods I was born on a zero year, or I would never be able to remember how old I was.  I stopped maturing mentally around age 17 anyway, so 40 is just another number.  Unless I can get some awesome presents out of the deal, then 40 is a milestone.   Hear that friends and family, this is the year to get me that pony I've been asking for since I was five.  Grin  

I am a hermit from the wilds of Ontario, Canada, a crazy cat lady in training and yes I own a rocking chair and a shotgun.  Quite seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of chick who is completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share her rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  My primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to work on my beading, glass, sewing, embroidery and knitting skills.   However, I have the attention span of a gnat, 47 different jobs and a 24 hour day is way too short.

I love nature and animals, music and books.  I like crafting for babies but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour though I do believe that yellow and pink are best used sparingly and bright teal is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   Every time I mention blue or green in my list, I am thinking of brighter, clearer colours as opposed to the navy, forest, khaki ones - think sky blue, apple green, leaf green, light turquoise, etc.  Im allergic to most metals and dont wear much jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph and getting a package in the mail is enough to prompt me to gleeful, dorktastically bad dancing.  

I'm an OWS veteran, so I hope you don't mind me reproducing that list here.  Thanks in advance for picking me, I'm looking forward to crafting for other people who never got to have a beach party for their birthdays.  Though skating parties were pretty awesome too, when it wasn't 40 below zero, which wasn't very often.

Crafted Stuff
(examples of most of these things can be found on my wist)

* HUGE WISH!!  Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige (particularly reds/rusts/oranges/browns).  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary.  Example on my wist.
* Hot water bottle with homemade cozy.  I know you're not going to make a hot water bottle, but I can't find one around here, my feet are cold and the homemade cozy would count as a medium, right?  -- apparently my family was reading my wish lists, thanks to my bro and sil   Grin
* Stencil of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory so I can make myself a T-shirt that says "I'm Batman" because I just discovered this show, I adore Sheldon and it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh some more.  
* Recipe scrapbook, something with heavier (cardstock) pages that I can glue recipes into.
* Knitted ponytail hat.  I'm sure I have an example on my wist, I just can't seem to find it right now.
* Full-sized stationary, light colours only please for writing to my grandmaman.
* Laptop sleeve - fun fabric, a little padding, no need for a zipper, this could be a medium for an awesome seamstress, yes?  My computer is 15"x10"x1.75". -- thank you to my mommy who just whipped up a birthday present for me out of the most wonderfully god-awful 80's flower fabric, it's so fabulously hideous I may weep with joy
* A small, framed embroidery.  Black & white would be awesome.  Or some birds.  Or trees.  Maybe some black & white birds sitting in black & white trees?  Or a silhouette of something.  Perhaps a bird?   Wink -- thank you timpani~jax
* Black & white art for my walls - photography, sketches, charcoals (love), embroidery, etc.
* A new wallet, many examples found on my wist.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Decorated black & white picture frames.
* Soft eye mask that you put in the freezer - corn or wheat would be awesome, rice smells a little funny to me.
* Scented sachets for my closet (hanging) and my drawers (not-hanging).  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional lavender scent, so something else less floral would be fabulous. -- thank you Retro_Rose
* A fabric business card holder that snaps shut, in earthy colours please.  
* Fabric scarf in almost any colour (I don't wear yellow, teal or purple).
* Hair accessories for longish, thickish, wavy-ish hair, preferably barrettes and pins, I have lots of headbands.
* Fruity smelling candles.
* Sugar scrub, no salt please, no flowery scents.
* Non-traditional jewelry.  I'm allergic to most metal but I love bracelets/cuffs and necklaces made out of fabric, leather, felt, buttons, velvet, glass, wood, etc, etc.  Approximately 8" for my wrist and at least 27" or longer for a necklace, no chokers.  Also nothing too huge or wacky, I'm masquerading as a grownup these days.  Smiley

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day and I would love anything from or inspired by it!

Supplies
(I live far away from any and all craft stores, supplies are like gold to me, an all-supply package would be wonderful)  

* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  Who am I kidding, a box of Red Heart Super Saver and I'm in heaven.  Fancy, fabulous yarn is wonderful.  Handspun is divine.  Baby yarn that isn't pink (I have enough pink) is wonderful.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  I've fallen in love with felting, so wool is fabulous, especially in blues and greens (for a kitty bed).  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here recycled, corn, soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn - a red or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that.  
* Black and white patterned scrapbook paper, not all the same, full sized sheets to put on my walls.
* I would really love a bamboo handled G (4.5mm) crochet hook.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a truly patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine.  
* July/August 2008 Crochet Today! magazine.  Something went wrong with my subscription and they skipped that month.  Back issue magazine shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive.   Anybody done with theirs?
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Embroidery hoops - all sizes, preferably paintable.
* Large to giant glass beads and/or seed beads, any colour, actually a bag of bead soup would be wonderful.
* Black paint markers - I can't paint but I'm an excellent colourer-inner.
* Small frames (3x5" ish) wood not plastic please.  I need 12 but you don't have to send that many and they don't have to match.
* Paint stir sticks.  
* Small pieces of softwood, I've been playing around with some pendant and button carving.  
* Interesting pieces of driftwood, any size.  
* Cookie cutters.
* Shrinky dink "stuff" (is it plastic, what does one call this material?).
* Ami safety eyes, the all black type for animals instead of people dolls.
* Candle scents - food not flowers please.

Extras

* I never say no to sugarless gum, hard candies or favourite recipes (especially for baking).  
* Maldon sea salt.  I can't find it here, my grocery store won't order it and I am craving pretzels like crazy.
* Other foodie extras, I LOVE to bake.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are particularly appreciated.  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010 07:03:40 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010 01:32:07 PM »

Hey there! I'm Aimee and I'll be turning 24 on the 12th and live in Peterborough Ontario. I just finished school for Esthetics in October and currently work at Old Navy! I have a lovely little 2.5 year old son and a little kitten as well! I love frogs, Chocolate (mostly dark!) and anything Crayola! I don't drive so anything to keep me warm while walking is fantastic! I don't have any allergies besides dust and caffeine in tea!

I love most crafts, sewing and crocheting are my main ones right now, but I love to play with wire and beads, embroidery, painting, and am playing around with needle felting! I would love to learn more about other types of felting and possibly learning how to knit socks!

I love all things that have to do with beauty, spa's and hair! I watch a lot of TV during my down time while my monster sleeps! My profile gives an idea of the types of shows and movies I like to watch!

My favorite colours are: periwinkle, blue, yellow, pink and when it comes to jewelry I prefer silver over gold!
I also like big bold colourful patterns! I like things bright not dull so don't be afraid to go a little crazy!

I have a wist: www.wists.com/slingmomma

Crafted items:
Anything on my wist! I have gotten a lot of things from it but would love anything!
Knitted or crocheted socks!
Handspun yarn- any colour or a fun art yarn would be cool too!
Necklace- could really use one with pink and brown accents on it!
Handmade soaps and scrubs-strongly dislike lilacs scents, but LOVE lavender and vanilla! Claimed by Retro_Rose THANK YOU!!
Polymer clay beads and charms
Handmade notebook-any type of paper is awesome!
Scarves-I am slowly starting a collection of them and any fiber is great! Claimed by Retro_Rose THANK YOU!!
Mittens-something thick because I walk everywhere! (blue or black would be awesome!) Claimed by Retro_Rose THANK YOU!!
Sock Knitting kit! (or a crochet one!)
Lunch bag
A small zipper pouch to carry all my lipgloss and handcream in my purse in!
Magic yarn ball-even a small one is fun!

Supplies:
Yarn
Fabric-any shape, colour or style! (would love some Amy Butler!)
Wire and beads
Fiber for felting (I can't get any here!)
Needle felting needles
Safety eyes for toys
Crochet patterns
Handbag/purse patterns
Pens
Fade away or water away pen (for embroidery)
tea towels to embroider
thread
Zippers

Other things:
Chocolate!! I love dark, almond and peanut! My wist gives a good idea of the chocolate I like! Dove being my fave!
Tea- just about any flavour except orange and I have to have decaf...

Thanks in advance to whomever chooses me! If you've got any questions about the items on my list feel free to ask!!

Happy Birthday January's Babies!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 03:02:40 PM by Slingmomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010 10:04:16 PM »

Happy Birthday to us,
Happy Birthday to us!
Happy Birthday dear Jan-sterrrrrrs!
Happy Birthday to us! Wink

Hello All! My name is Amy, and I'm SUPER excited for our birthdays! We're the ones who are right after Christmas, caught in that space where everyone wants to chill. Am I right in thinking that we should be pumped? Of course! Grin Lets make it a special swap! Woop Woop!

About Me: I'll be quick and easy! My birthday is on the 25th. I'm a photographer. I'm vegetarian. I'm a bubbly person. I love nature, traveling, humanitarianism & philanthropy, sewing, the Beatles, happy colours, Indian textiles, the smell of satsuma, world music, all cute lil' animals, and having a good time with friends. Smiley
Please feel free to PM me with questions about colours, patterns, fabrics, sizes, vhat-evah!

Legend: Stuff in RED is a super-duper-make-me-squeal want! Wink Cheesy

Crafted Items:

Wet Bag!!!! Cheesy (with straps or handles) for my swimming gear. - http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/05/wet-bag-tutorial.html
(Big enough to hold a large towel and a suit, and if possible having two equal sized pockets - one dry side and one wet.)

Cherry Blossom Scarf - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_18&listing_id=15386694

A very STRONG travel bag - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42927.0

White Bolero - http://kellymaher.wordpress.com/2007/07/04/ribbed-lace-bolero/
(I don't knit, I crochet, so this one would be wikid!)

Apron in this Style - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297833.0

Set of Lemmings (with hooks to hang, or strong magnets) - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=293880.0

An intricate Art Quilt like this, made as a dust cover for my sewing machine - http://www.flickr.com/photos/gemsworldofstuff/4082361053/

Anything Like these -  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22783093
                           -  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=22885687
                           -  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21282623  
          *Claimed by Slingmomma. Thank you! I look forward to having a really unique scarflette! Smiley

My King-Daddy of wants!!!
A Petticoat - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_17&listing_id=15118318
(I know this sample is for kids, but I can give measurements for me! I've wanted one that goes to the knee to give me a subtle 1940's look to my skirts!)

Supplies:

Super-Duper Strong Magnets - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37680914

Decorative Scrapbook Corner Punches

Crochet Stitch Markers. The kind that have the lobster looking hook or something equally easy to detach quick.
       *Claimed by Slingmomma. Needs-me some good stitch markers, I've been using bobby pins! XD

A set of good-quality sewing pins. (I only have a dollar store set)

I can never say no to fun fabric!

Loves-me some good Wooden Stamps or Clear Stamps!!
-Thank you
-Lace/Scroll/Decorative
-Merry Christmas
-Cute animals

Extras:

Silver Camera Ring - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37680711

Set of pretty Labels Saying, "Made With Love By Amy" to sew onto my projects. (Black and White)

Crime Scene Band-Aids - http://www.perpetualkid.com/crime-scene-bandages.aspx

Pretty memo pads - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37504625

Loose leaf tea (no mint)

Essential oils from the Body Shop
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010 09:03:08 PM by Retro_Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010 11:52:36 AM »

Happy Birthday, January babies!  My name is Tammy and I live in Mesa, Arizona.  I cannot believe that I will be 45 on the 16th ... how did that happen  Huh ?!  I have four children, "mostly" grown (12, 14, 18 and 23) and one incredibly adorable 8 month old granddaughter.  I mostly crochet and sew, but dabble in all kinds of things.

I'm very eclectic in my likes ... I find it hard to think of things I DON'T like.  My favorite colors are more subdued like deep greens and browns, but I can find a purpose for all colors.  I gave up neons in the 80's, but otherwise I'm flexible.  I'm not flashy at all (always the practical Capricorn), hate to draw too much attention to myself.  I love anything homemade - I appreciate the effort someone takes to make something for me.  I love trinkets and what I call my "treasures" - random things I've accumulated over the years that just sit on a shelf for me to look at ... I've come to terms with the fact that my house will never be featured in Better Homes and Gardens because I am unable to part with anything!

I am a nurse by profession -but don't take that too seriously.  My dislike of the healthcare field grows with each passing day.  I would prefer to study and teach religion (I am still dreaming of my degree in Comparative Religions ... )  I am Wiccan, but I only display that in subtle ways.  I am only allergic to penicillin and work ...  Wink

My Birthday Wish List:

- Crochet or knitted or fabric slippers (I'm a size 7) - I hate to have naked feet (I live with three teenage boys ... ewww!)  Any kind, any color.  Thanks tcha345!
- Crochet or knit cotton washcloths - I got some in a swap and I LOVE them.  I keep making them for other people, but I will never get around to gifting myself.  Thanks sunspotted! (and for more goodies too  Cheesy )
- Aprons of any kind - full, half.  Pretty ones ... I'd like them for all the holidays or just for fun.  Cooking and baking would be twice as much fun with aprons!   Thanks juliminusthee!
- An eyemask - I work at night and sleep in the daytime.  Anything WITHOUT the eyes/lashes sewn on (I think those are a little creepy!)
- A hook roll for crochet - any kind.  Mine currently reside in an old check box ... not very crafty!
- Anything Wiccan/Pagan themed - love the stereotypical black hat Witch - Cerridwen is my favorite Goddess and I aspire to be the wise old crone someday (just waiting for my hair to turn gray!)  Anything related to the four elements, anything that is related to any Wiccan holiday, anything that goes on an altar.  Can't have enough handmade, extra powerful pagan goodies.
- Notebook covers, like the ones I make for other people!  I make these covers for a standard one subject notebooks, reuseable.  I'm a typical Capricorn -I make a lot of lists and keep notes on everything in the world.  Again, anything Pagan related or one for "money" (I use a notebook for account balancing.)  I have alot of naked notebooks all over my desk!
- Jewelry - mostly bracelets that I can throw on for a "purpose" ... I'm into carnelian right now for strength, energy and motivation (a few things I am lacking at the moment!).  And amethyst for spirituality.  And tigers eye for truth and divination.  
- Homemade soaps, bath salts or bath bombs - The few I have received in swaps have been awesome!  I prefer "edible" scents (almond, vanilla, oatmeal) but wouldn't  pass on flowery or fruity scents either.
-  Anything from my Wists, anything based on my likes ... anything!

Supplies:
 - Fabric - can anyone really have too much?!
 - Yarn - I have lots of ordinary yarn, but nothing special or interesting.  If you have a skein laying around maybe I can come up with a project for it.
 - Any pattern books for thread crochet you have laying around (except snowflakes - I've got a ton of those) I need inspiration for my massive amount of thread I picked up at a yard sale one day ...
 - Random beads and jewelry stuff - again, can't have enough!
  Thanks crazy4bags for some supplies and jewelry!

Extras:
Love all kinds of candy and dark chocolate.  I am an absolute coffee and tea addict.  Herbs, stones, and any other random tiny nature things I can offer to Ganesha (I got an offering box in a swap that needs a few more items!) .... I love "stuff"!

I DO NOT need any hats or scarves (we pretend like it doesn't get cold here in Arizona) and I have more random bags than I can count!

Hope everyone enjoys their birthday!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010 01:02:42 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
mandyp
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010 12:11:31 PM »

Hello All!!!  My name is Mandy and I will be 27 on the 18th.  I am a first timer to a craft swap but I am really excited to participate.

A little about me:

I am married to a wonderful man of 8 yrs and we have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old little lady.  My family recently moved to Greensboro, NC and I quit my job to become a stay at home mom..so I am looking forward to having something to do with all my free time. Smiley
I enjoy playing the piano, singing, baking/cooking, scrapbooking, finding fun and interesting things to do with my little girl, and learning the many different crafting arts out there.
My favorite colors are black, pink, and teal....but I love lots of outrageous color patterns. I love stars and space...its all pretty beautiful and amazing.

Crafted items:

crocheted/knitted scarf Thanx Revolutionarygirl
crochetedknitted mittens or gloves
jewelery (silver)
jewelery box
felted items
hook roll for crochetThanx Barbolot
change purse
Thanx Revolutionary girl

Supplies:

ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!!!  I am new to crafting and can use any ideas and supplies!
Kid craft supplies...things to do with my little girl.

Other:

I am not really a chocolate fan but I love gummy candies...gummy worms, gummy bears, Swedish fish, gummy lifesavers...YUM YUM!!! Grin

Well, I hope this is enough.  I am not very good at asking for things and i will be super grateful for anything i receive. Grin

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 09:22:38 PM by mandyp » THIS ROCKS   Logged
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010 03:15:49 PM »

Hi, everyone!  I'm super-excited to be joining this swap! Cheesy

My name is Connie, and I live in dusty west Texas.  I'll be 37 on January 15th.  I love to sew, embroider and read.  I have 8 amazing and active kids, and we homeschool.  I LOVE homemade, handmade, DIY anything.  We recently purchased our first home, an old farmhouse with 2.5 acres that I hope to whip into shape.  I plan to start a big organic garden come spring!  I like simple, useful things, and dislike drama.  OK, I secretly like it, but try to live without it.  Wink   You can find out more about me on my blog, or in my Craftster profile.  No allergies.

Favorite colors:  red, aqua, apple green, black, some pink (in small doses), grey, brown, copper.  Actually, any color but purple.

Favorite prints:  bold and bright, cute and kawaii, dots, stripes, gingham, tartan plaids.  (Not a fan of country-ish prints... think ducks-with-bonnets era.)

Favorite themes:  The Office (US), Arrested Development, poppies, goldfish, octopi, icons, saints, crosses, Virgin Mary, Sacred Heart, corazon, birds, books, hawaii, nature, coffee, owls, monkeys, houses, textures/layers, stencils, silhouettes, appliques

Crafted wishes:

** Half apron.  I love feminine, sweet aprons!  Ruffles or rick rack are A-OK with me, but I also like sweet and simple.

** work apron -- Looks like a vendor's apron w/pockets, but sturdy, and cool/pretty/cute would be fabulous.  I'd especially love a hammer loop on one side!  I'll need this for gardening/construction soon.  I wear an XL in most sizes... I can send measurements if you need them.

** gardening kneeling pad.  I have no idea what type of material or dimensions, but padded and waterproof would be great.

** embroidered tea towel.  Any theme (bonus points for one in a theme mentioned above!) or holiday.

** throw pillow cover.  Reds, black & white, or earthy colors especially; love stencils and applique.... 16X16 or 20X20 sized.  

** house-shaped throw pillow ---> Thank you, Sunspotted! Cheesy

** Embroidery hoop wall art.  Simple, small, large, intricate -- anything.  I love embroidered ANYTHING.  Thank you, timpani~jax! Cheesy

** collage wall art.

** lap blanket/quilt.  I'm freezing all the time, and I'd really appreciate a lap quilt for when I'm sewing.  Crochet, knit, quilt, fleece, repurposed t-shirts... it's all good!

** dish cloths (knit or crochet)  Thank you, Troublet!  Kiss

** unpaper towels

** flannel baby wipes (plus any recipe for wipe solution would be appreciated!  (We cloth diaper.))

Supplies

** Hello, my name is Connie, and I'm a Fabric Addict.  Seriously.  Feed my addiction.
** buttons Thank you, timpani~jax! Smiley
** rick rack and neat-o trims  (please no lace)
** sewing pins.... I don't know where mine keep wandering off to....
** disappearing ink pen
** Sharpies
** Embroidery floss -- any color/brand/type
** Embroidery needles

Extras

** coffee
** stickers
** notepads
** sugar-free candies or chocolates
** cupcake papers

Please, no jewelry or scarves.... I have more than I can use at the moment.  Smiley

Thank you sooo much!  And Happy Birthday to all the Januaries! Kiss
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 06:29:12 AM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliminustheE
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010 08:27:51 PM »

Hello and Happy Birthday everyone! My name is Juli and I live in Grafton, Ohio. I am turning 18 on the 25th.

I love everything vintage, but I pretty much love everything except I am not to fond of the Goth stuff anymore. I love blue and purple but I am really not a fan of orange and red. My wists tell everything about me. I am a major nerd and I play World of Warcraft. Night Elf druid FTW, I love my Moonkin form. I love twilight but I am only team Edward. Sewing and Photography  are my favorite hobbies. I love homemade beauty products though I am not daring enough to try it myself. Penguins and hedgehogs are my favorite animals and I think kawaii is the cutest things ever.

Crafted Things:
*Anything on my wists  http://wists.com/juliminusthee
**BELLA MITTENS**- I have been wanted since the first twilight movie, the gray pair she wears
*Canon SLR camera strap cover
Vintage looking (a lot in my wists):
   *Necklaces
   *Brooches
   *Earrings (recently I has taken out my gauges and I have no normal earrings)
   *Hair accessories
*Homemade soaps or lib balms, I really dislike sandalwood, I love fruity scents
*Beret
*Wrist rests for the keyboard and mouse (I spend hours playing WoW )

Supplies:
*Fabric: satin is something I always need, Im always making special occasion dresses
*Embellishing for garments such as trim or bias tape
*Polymer Clay: I use every kind
*Jewelry supplies
*Thread
*Pins

Extras:
I love candy , every kind: gummy or chocolate
Tea (chai )
Memo pads

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010 06:52:18 PM by juliminustheE » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick Out Drawing Tools
How To Illustrate a Cartoon Palace
How to Sketch a Cartoon King
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Woman
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Pirate
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...