A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shinkansen Jammies  (Read 1415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdieSays
« on: January 01, 2010 02:13:57 AM »

Back story - I usually make everyone jammies to give to them on Christmas Eve, a tradition started due to some truly horrid, unusable pictures from Christmas mornings past. Well, this year I lazied/forgot and ended up having to run out Christmas Eve around 3pm to try and buy everyone their jammies. I managed to find workable pairs for myself, the man, and the girl, but the boy posed a real problem for me, as there was NOTHING in his size. So, I came home, made him go through the fabric closet, and whipped these up in time for our pre-dinner gifting.

Forgive the face, my son does not know what "smile" means... this was my first applique, and it's quite wonky in places that thankfully you have to look for and that don't show up in photos. Cheesy Now boy and girl are busy rooting through my supplies to find things they "must" have.

Oh! Shinkansen is the Japanese bullet train. We live in Okinawa and he's also quite the popular children's character. Being that my kids are in Japanese kindergarten, Shinkansen is a fixture in our lives here.

C&C quite welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010 02:52:14 AM »

It looks great (and I cannot tell it was done in a hurry)!
The model's pose is priceless, gheghe.
Happy New Year!
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeffsweetie

I would love to do a personal swap!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010 03:41:25 AM »

I agree, love the look on his face! The jammies look nice and comfy. I know a lot of people who make jammies for their families for Christmas, its something Id like to try. Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snips and snails
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010 08:25:23 AM »

Super cute!! I, too, love the Christmas Pajamas... it definitely makes for cute(r) pictures!

Are you, by any chance, stationed in Okinawa? My dad was in the Marines (air division) and we were stationed there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schnerby
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010 09:25:43 AM »

I teach in China, but Shinkansen is big here too. As is Xi Yangyang (Pleasant Goat). What a fun picture. Great stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deeredone2
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010 06:36:11 PM »

His SMILE is priceless!  It is a cute pic.  Love the pjs too. 

My hubby is in the Marine Corp and we almost got stationed there; instead we are stationed in Cali.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlelou

Sewing is not for the faint of heart

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010 11:06:14 AM »

I am also starting that tradition- making pj's for the kids every Christmas. Or so far I have only done it this Christmas, but I hope I will continue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdieSays
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010 05:46:27 AM »

Thanks everyone for the compliments on jammies and boy - he is truly my weakness. As he says, he's 'the handsomest, best boy I know and daddy is not.' These finally got me off my butt, as I was in a major non-sewing rut following our latest move. And yes, we are stationed in Oki - I highly recommend it to anyone able to get over here, it is the most beautiful place ever, and the fabric cannot be beat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Theater
Learn about Motion Picture Animation
Drawing Rosettes Part 1
Interlocking Poses for Deep Stretches
The Magic of Puppetry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...