A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 2010 12" Squares CAL (with pattern links)  (Read 30548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010 10:56:10 PM »

cute square! its perfect for my scrap-ghan!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
pazaakshark
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010 08:30:57 AM »

I think I am going to participate in this!! How do you think Caron Simply Soft with work for this sort of project?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010 09:55:31 AM »

I LOVE IT! And I love it even more that it's pink.  Wink I might just come over and steal it. At least there's someone else in the world that loves The Pink!

pazaakshark: I did CSS for two afghans for 2008. It's AWESOME, but it's not exactly worsted weight, it's almost in the middle of worsted and DK, (plus, I have tighttighttight tension) so keep that in mind when you're working. You might have to add an extra round or two.

craftADDchick: I'm so excited to see 2009s! For my 2008, I finished them by March 2009 so you'll be finished at least by June. This coming from a crazy procrastinator.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pazaakshark
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010 10:00:59 AM »

pazaakshark: I did CSS for two afghans for 2008. It's AWESOME, but it's not exactly worsted weight, it's almost in the middle of worsted and DK, (plus, I have tighttighttight tension) so keep that in mind when you're working. You might have to add an extra round or two.

Thank you! I will keep that in mind
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010 05:03:01 PM »

I just printed off this months pattern! I still have lots to do on last years squares but I am going to keep up with the patterns this time around so that I am on top of any mistakes or changes! Plus I can't wait to see everyones squares!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010 07:20:19 PM »

This could be a great stash buster Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010 07:54:08 PM »

I've used Caron SS for all of three of the CALs that I've worked on, and I agree, that it isn't quite worsted weight. So, in spite of the larger hook, I always have to add rounds (but I do crochet on the tight side). For this year's set, I'm using Red Heart for a change.

And, I had a craft day today and was able to complete the August 2008 block, so I only have 4 more to go for that year Wink I have to see if I can get another skein of the off-white Caron SS. It's supposed to be my joining color, and I'm afraid that I'll run out before then. They say it is no dye lot, but the color still has a code that needs to match, I've noticed.

I also brought along my 2009 squares so I could weave in the ends, but I didn't get to it. I had to wait for a break in the snow this morning and then had to shovel before I left (although I didn't completely shovel out my parking space, but BONUS! when I got home, the city plows had come through again and cleared it out completely! Whoo-hoo!). I ended up starting my crafting about an hour and a half later than I had planned.

Two things I noticed that I did for the 2008 (and I think the 2007) CALs that I had forgotten I did: I wove in the ends on each block as I finished and I made them all the same size as I went. So, I have 8 neatly finished blocks for the 2008 round (I haven't checked 2007), that will be ready to join as soon as I finish the last block. I'm going to do that again this year, because so far, it's been a pain in the butt to do it all now. After next week, I should be able to start the weaving in (I know, I keep saying it, but since it isn't my favorite thing to do, I always find other more exciting things to do instead Wink ). Then, I'll figure out the flat braid join and start joining away! So, my goal this year is to finish all 4 afghans (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010). I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

And, eventually, I'll have enough random bits of yarn that I'll be able to use the CAL as a stash-buster. When I first started, I didn't have much of a stash. I have since remedied that situation Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010 09:03:22 AM »

I just contacted the pattern designer for the January block and she'll be making updates to the pattern, so as soon as I see that they're posted, I'll make a note of it on the front page. Yay!

And, I so want to be sitting on the couch crocheting right now, but the backlog of schoolwork is calling my name in a haunting and frightening manner... sigh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pazaakshark
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010 09:07:48 AM »

I got to round 7 last night!!!!
I was just wondering what everyone's color scheme is?
For my afghan I am thinking two tone on each square, white always one of them and the other has something to do with what month it was crocheted in (ex. October-Orange). I am not 100% sold on this, that is why I am wondering what everyone else's color scheme is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010 10:50:42 AM »

I'm doing 3 shades of pink with white. I like your idea of using white with a color for each month! What a neat idea!

Can't wait to see some completed blocks from folks Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Lesson in Paper Cutting
How to Make Paper Cutting Art
The Art of Paper Cutting
A Lesson in Glass Blowing
How to Make Glass Products
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...