A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 2010 12" Squares CAL (with pattern links)  (Read 35343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010 03:04:52 PM »

Ive just started my square. Ive never done clusters before so its been fun lol  Cheesy I did sit there for a bit frowning though. Ill possibly have to add extra rows on too as Im using a 4mm hook.
Is there a website for that crochet book? I live in NZ so possibly wont even see it (if at all) until two months down the track. Hence why I subscribe to Crochet Today lol if I had to wait till it turned up at the book shop Id get the December issue now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010 04:03:19 PM »

Mine only came out to 12" because I used a K hook, I think.

And, I'm tempted to subscribe to Crochet Today. I just picked up the latest issue (although I went to the store for the last issue with the crocheted gingerbread house, but sadly, it was no longer on the racks). I love the sweater on the front cover, but I've never crocheted any clothing before (besides a hat or scarf... but that doesn't really count as clothing...), but I don't want to spend the $$ on wool in case I botch it. So, I may make it in cheap acrylic, and if I manage it properly, I can always re-do it in wool later.

Also, I've got the February pattern printed out so I'll be testing that soon. I'm also going to attempt to make the Ravelry blocks, too (I have a lot of pink to use up...). I had to choose a new pattern for March, because it was one that was used in an earlier round of the Craftster 12" CAL. I'm trying not to duplicate patterns (I'm not worrying about the Ravelry ones) and I realized today that I had picked out one from the '07 round. I didn't recognize it because I hadn't made it to that pattern, yet.

For anyone who feels bad about falling behind, I'm going to ease your mind a bit... Here's what I still have to do:
2007 round: 2 more blocks to complete the "Easy" patterns and then I want to make the 12 "Experienced" patterns (because after 3 years of honing my crochet skills, I may be able to handle them Wink and I already bought the yarn Grin ). Then, I need to assemble them.
2008 round: 4 more blocks plus assembly
2009 round: weaving in the ends on all 12 multi-colored blocks plus assembly.

So, that's 18 blocks to make, plus the assembly for 3 blankets. I'm behind in a big way...
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010 07:06:51 PM »

I have a subscription to Crochet Today! Love it! I might be able to scan and send you gingerbread houses. Wink

EssHaych: I ALWAYS have to add extra rows. So annoying. For the 2008 they all came out to about 10 inches so I left them like that.

well he chose red blue and green and Ive chosen yellows and cream, so I might do this square twice
All of those make a good combo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010 07:38:29 PM »

I fell behind in 2008 but worse in 2009! I will be using purple, green and join with cream (and some cream in the squares) and I will be using 2009 squares as my fillers. hehe.... if I tried to catch up I am not sure I would because of other things I want to accomplish sooooooooooo at the end of 2010 I should have a beautiful blanket made from '09 and '10 squares and I will feel good. Cheesy

<----- <----- see that cutie in my profile pic??? she is taking up ALOT of grandma's time! HAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 07:40:15 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010 02:11:56 AM »

Crochet Today is awesome. I like the whole thing about having patterns that arent just doileys and Nanna stuff. Made alot of my friends realise that crochet isnt boring, it can be fun. Plus theres tips etc  Cheesy

Slowly getting on with the first square, amazing how little you get done when your friends turn up lol Ive been applying fake nails and doing manicures all afternoon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010 07:17:27 AM »

Not having finished 2007, 2008 or 2009 will not stop me from starting the 2010 CAL as soon as I figure out what colours to use.  My stash needs rearranging.  What better excuse to avoid housework than that?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010 07:54:28 AM »

Crochet Today is awesome. I like the whole thing about having patterns that arent just doileys and Nanna stuff. Made alot of my friends realise that crochet isnt boring, it can be fun. Plus theres tips etc  Cheesy

And there were ami robots and a ski outfit for Barbie! Can't beat that, you really can't.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010 11:15:43 AM »

And there were ami robots and a ski outfit for Barbie! Can't beat that, you really can't.  Tongue

I know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010 03:28:10 PM »

Yep, the ami robots were a definite selling point. And, the giant conversation hearts... and some nice sweaters...

Maybe I'll have to subscribe after all Wink

But tonight, no crochet allowed! I have to work on my school work... seriously...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010 03:36:07 PM »

I've been getting that magazine for the better part of a year - I love it. I'm up for renewal, can't really afford it, but I think it might be a necessity  Grin

I just applied for a "free" issue of interweave's Crochet mag. Don't know much about it. Anyone here familiar with it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bed Head Hair For Effortless Style
Top 3 Back to School Hairstyles
How to Create a Grecian Updo Hairstyle
Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial for Medium-Length Hair
Signs You Need a New Stylist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...