A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art project Swap: Sign ups: CLOSED mail by 5/30/05  (Read 9446 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005 11:36:03 AM »

Funny story about the bartender-- so I love him, right?
Joined the Swingin' Martini Swap, get package from the great XMelinda, & there he is, on Shrinky-dink glass charms!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005 09:38:19 PM »

Hey so here is the list of everyone participating:

LiquidScissors
tabarhodes
Jas.ns
IqJones
thequeenjane
kiki_eks
ithnkuno
xmelinda
Littleone1098

So now that we have our 9 spots filled, lets get to picking an image! 
I see some of you have submited images, which is great!  How about we all choose one image we like, then all vote (no one will be able to vote for themselves however, this is the only way I feel we will get anywhere, ya know?) 

I will give everyone till Wednesday the 4th of May to submit one picture!! if you dont by then, we will still vote based on what we have.  does that seem fair to everyone? 

I like the idea of clip art, because its simple, like a coloring book, which would produce a single image when all peices united, but in between the lines can be your own thing going on. 

Since this wont have "partners" so to say, I wont be mailing any info out.  I will send each of you my address, in which to send your peices to.  If anyone is uncomfortable doing this, I will send you my left arm to hold ransom untill you recieve your peices.  Hows that for insurance?  jk.  But to the extent I will.  Just not my arm. 

xmelinda:  Do they have a lot of paper wharehouse thingys?  that is awesome that you can get 12x12 paper!  essp cardstock!  Hopefully everyone can obtain this!

I think if everyone can try to get the paper xmelinda has mentioned, please do, if you find trouble finding it, please pm me and maybe i can help you out. 

thanks guys!
the toasters are hot!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
iqjones

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005 09:53:53 PM »

JoAnn's had 12x12" cardstock last time I was there (last week). They have it in packs of colors, but they may have had some plain... I think one of the office-supply chains has 12x12" posterboard, but I can't remember which one. They are all kind of one big store to me;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors

Who would of known

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005 09:58:55 PM »

this is my submission.  Its a gal using a computer, something we can all (obviously) relate to.

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
iqjones

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005 05:58:09 PM »

this is my submission.  Its a gal using a computer, something we can all (obviously) relate to.

-Liquid

I like, but I'm wondering how this (& all submissions) will take to being divided... 
Can't picture in my head...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors

Who would of known

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005 11:12:34 PM »

here is an exsample of it split into 9s, but it could be split into multiples too, if it helps people draw it out, as long as it gets cut into these 9 peices

but I dont think thast what your talking about now that I re-read what you said.  haha.  I think each box will essentially have the same picture as the image, then all that white space can have whatever, as long as the image comes through.  blah.  I cant think right now.

-Liquid
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005 11:14:27 PM by LiquidScissors » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JazzyBee
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005 01:14:22 PM »

Ok, how abt we do a craftster icon, everyone can relate to that! only thing is i'am not sure if we can do that, maybe coz of copyright laws, can someone find out. I would love to hang a craftster icon done funkily in my apartment!!!

The 'uncork the possibilities' icon...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005 01:17:29 PM by Jas.ns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
iqjones

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005 01:49:56 PM »

Ok, how abt we do a craftster icon, everyone can relate to that! only thing is i'am not sure if we can do that, maybe coz of copyright laws, can someone find out. I would love to hang a craftster icon done funkily in my apartment!!!

The 'uncork the possibilities' icon...

The craftster icons are copy-righted...  & Leah's worked so hard on them!
here is an exsample of it split into 9s, but it could be split into multiples too, if it helps people draw it out, as long as it gets cut into these 9 peices

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/bigfatfatsoface/griddedd.jpg

but I dont think thast what your talking about now that I re-read what you said. haha. I think each box will essentially have the same picture as the image, then all that white space can have whatever, as long as the image comes through. blah. I cant think right now.

-Liquid

Yeah, my concern is the mid-section of the hair-- I'd hate for my hair to look bad;)
I still really like the middle (2nd) telephone picture from XMelinda. I think it would divide well (please excuse my crappy division, I did not measure or anything)     
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/2888telelines.jpg
just for fun:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/2888bartlines.gif
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 07:12:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirageTheDog
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2005 02:03:41 PM »

teehee. i have that very same phone.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2005 03:05:02 PM »

The phone is TOTALLY my favorite so far.......like I said, I'm a fan of phones! I think it's partly because it's not clipart, and while clipart would be easier.....I think a real picture has cooler possibilities. i.e. with something that isn't so cartoon-y....shading and what not can be done, but at the same time, you can do it more abstract, if you want. I just think we'd have more to work with, if it weren't clipart.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005 03:07:30 PM by littleone1098 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dinner Party: The Sartorialist for AOL On
Best Photographs of Micro World Announced
5 Tips to Taking Successful Selfies
Steve McCurry: The Sartorialist for AOL On
Humans Of New York
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...