A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art project Swap: Sign ups: CLOSED mail by 5/30/05  (Read 10382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005 01:57:49 PM »

Can we come up with a list of choices, and have "votes", we'd tell you our preferences, in order? I'm not too big on the Simpsons idea.....not a huge fan, but something that we all have somewhat in common and could actually hang somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
xmelinda
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005 01:59:01 PM »

I would like to do a picture of an object.  I think it lends itself to broader interpretation if you do a THING, and also it doesn't matter as much if the drawing is not an exact copy.  I have no preference of what the object is, though -- that's what's fun!  I was already getting ideas in my head about the sewing machine, actually, but I'm flexible.

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005 02:35:39 PM »

So we have our 9 people now!  yay!

Littleone:  Yes, that is what i wanted to do, is have people kinda throw in some images, (keeping it simple) and then we could all vote or decide as a group.  Lets come up with some images, and then we will vote.

I like the sewing machine, because its simple, and its a crafting icon.  I was thinking of something in that genre to symbolize our crafty selves.  My first thought was "sewing machine"  Its the only thing simple, but no too simple that we could do a picture of, and would fill all the space.  Anything like that!  Simple lines, fills up the space, etc.

Also I noticed today that tag board measurements are 11 by 14... so maybe we will have to change the measurments to 9 by 9inches if that is allright.  3 by 3 squares insted.  cool!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005 05:01:43 PM »

Even something like a flower...or..I dunno, if people don't wanna do crafty images. (Some people may not sew..therefore a sewing machine may not appeal to them) Somethings simple, but classic. Throw out some ideas, people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005 07:01:01 PM »

I'm cool with a sewing machine-- I assume we are talking the old-fashioned kind, not one of these new-fangled computer gizmos. Although, with a sewing machine, would there be some odd parts?
I keep focusing on my old-school rotary phone replica, the desk kind, not the wall kind.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005 08:48:04 PM by iqjones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
JazzyBee
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005 09:07:15 PM »

what about ....somthing like a symmetrical design, that would lookquite cool with different pieces together, it would be interesting to see how people would clor the pic in different colors..here's an example of the kind of design i have in mind
the reason why i say thi might be a good option, is coz the way people color or decorate it will reflect thier crafty side and style!

not this exact picture...but i hope u get what i mean.

what do u guys think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005 09:11:29 PM »

I really like the phone.......I like phones in general.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005 07:50:33 AM »

Here's a couple I found:

IQJones is now thinking "what is it with you and the toasters??"

On the issue of boards, you can buy some fairly heavy cardstock at scrapbook stores that is 12x12, which would be really easy to cut into 9 pieces and easy to keep it even and easy for us all to start with the same basic size, so everything would be sure to match up when mixed up.  I guess it wouldn't work well if someone wanted to use oil paints or something, though.  It would be easy to cut, though...

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005 08:35:33 AM »

Loving the second phone!!!
I'm thinking that an assymetrical design would look more interesting. That's just me...
For your pondering pleasure, more clipart designs:
Another toaster!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/2888toaster15.jpg
I call this one Thinking (love it)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/2888retro22.gif
& another of my personal favorites:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/2888retro.gif

I think I can safely say that I will agree to whatever Melinda does-- her taste is like mine, only better:)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 07:13:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
JazzyBee
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005 10:42:30 AM »

I like the toaters.....also love the bar tender!!! would like to do something like that...infact esp love the bar tender!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Download Scratch
How to use Scratch Basic Interface
How to Create a Pong Game Part 1/2- Scratch
How to Use Sprite Sheets
How to Create Basic Movement - Sprite Sheet
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...