A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art project Swap: Sign ups: CLOSED mail by 5/30/05  (Read 10346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005 08:29:07 PM »

Okay I am finally getting around to organizing this!! I am excited ARE YOU!!!???

Swap name:  Art Project!!!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:LiquidScissors
Sign-up date range: 4/25/05 - 5/15/05
Date to send item by: 5/30/05

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 9

Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? all

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: YES

Details of swap:
I decided that once all 9 people are selected we will as a group vote on an image we want to use.  The image will be split up into 9 quadrents (Probably each individual square will equal 4 by 4 inches, making the whole image 12 by 12 inches.  So each person will get a peice of 12 by 12 inch paper (You can use a peice of tag board and cut it to size if you cant find those measurements, just make sure you use STURDY paper)

Each person will choose their own medium, but keep it simple enough so that it can be mailed in an envelope.  We want to keep this swap cheap!  Some examples of Medium include: Paint, Crayon, Pencil, Charcoal, pastels, or anything else you can think of or mixtures of any.  If you will be using charcoal or pastel mediums, please make sure to spray seal them before sending them out.

Everyone will use the small scale image to paint/draw/whatever the image onto their 12 by 12 paper to scale.  I would draw the scale onto your 12 by 12 paper first, and match the two.  After you are fineshed with your peice, then cut it into the 9 sections and mail them out!!  Everyone will get a different peice back to form a completely unique and orignial peice of art!!

I know your thinking, how will the sending out go?  because it is kinda confusing.  I know its hard to trust people over the internet, so I completely understand if anyone has a problem with this, and if they do, I will figure out a different way to do the sending.  But my idea is to send your nine squares to me, and then I can send the mixtures back out to all of you.  This would be an inexpensive and easy way to do this.  The only problem is, it is extremely frownd upon in the craftster community.  But if you trust me, then I would totally be willing to send them all out, this means you only have to send one envelope, to one person, and once.  Also no one will have to worry about getting the wrong peice (2 of the same peice, or missing peice) Also i will provide a backup in case someone flakes out.

I think this will be really cool guys!!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Would you be willing to send all your peices to the organizer to send back out to everyone?
or
Would you rather figure out a way to send out all the peices individually?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005 09:39:29 PM by LiquidScissors » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
JazzyBee
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005 09:50:09 PM »

just sent you my info!
yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005 10:13:41 PM »

Dang it, why do people have to keep coming up with brilliant & irresistable swaps?!?!
This is cool. I am excited!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
thequeenjane
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005 11:11:07 PM »

This sounds so amazing.  I've been totally wanting to do more art stuff.  This is perfect.  I can't wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LiquidScissors

Who would of known

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005 11:08:39 AM »

I think we are close to 9 allready.

So far we have

LiquidScissors
tabarhodes
Jas.ns
IqJones
thequeenjane
kiki_eks
ithnkuno
xmelinda

So There is one spot left!

If anyone has ideas for an image, please post a picture and then we will all decide!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005 11:12:09 AM »

I'd love to do it....so could we just send our 4x4 pieces to you in a regular envelope?
 For some reason, it wont let me pm you, Liquid, so could you pm me, and I'll see if I get that, and can just reply to it? Sorry, I dunno what's happening
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005 11:13:44 AM by littleone1098 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
JazzyBee
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005 11:48:04 AM »

Yea I pmed you as well not sure if u got it, i know u got my sin up though..yay!!

i wanted to ask though....i may not be the most perfect artist innterms of painting an object or a certain piocture., can my pinting be more abstract art!! wanted to confirm...
thanks

Modified::

Oh sorry...such a dunse i am...i get it, so we all will work on one image only! i thought we were each going to work on something different, so the resulting mix image is like an abtsract art kind of hing that everyone ends up with...well this is fun!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005 11:52:03 AM by Jas.ns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors

Who would of known

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005 10:54:43 PM »

Okay guys, I just read that there are new guidelines for swaps.  SO! With that said....

You must have posted 15 times on craftster!  Which means if you haven't done so, please do in the next 24 hours, or I'll have to remove you from the swap (which sucks I know)

Just wanted to clue everyone in on this, I'll pm everyone as well. 

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors

Who would of known

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005 11:12:34 PM »

One more thing, I found an EXCELLENT website to explain grid drawing, if anyone is not familur with it.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~dcoates/scale.htm

this is how we will produce a puzzle like peice, that can fit together with all our different peices.  Cool huh?

as far as an image is concerned, I was thinking about something simple, like this sewing machine, and that way people can add little things on in the black spaces.  As long as the line mesure up on everyones (yeah it wont be exact, but thats what makes it cool) you can pretty much fill in the blanks however you want!!!

http://www.juicersforless.com/catalog1/images/images_big/cs-8072_big.jpg

just basic and simple, yet has so much potential.

if anyone has any other ideas, please post!!!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JazzyBee
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005 01:06:44 PM »

let's have a little more fun kind of picture...maybe a cartoon or something, i would love to do simpsons!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Mad Men Hair
How to Get a Snooki Hair
How to Get Lauren Conrad Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...