A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
350 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 149222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1750 on: November 05, 2010 09:07:40 AM »

I selected 16 more DVD's to trade in, the pawn shop offers 2 for 1 trade, every 2 you bring in you get 1, so I went yesterday with 10 and got 5 Christmas DVD's.  Also going to go through books again.  It seems like if can get rid of 5-10 at a time, it's ok, but I can't get rid of them all at once.  On the destashing front, I've used up almost all of my Christmas fabric -yay!!!, and have just enough left for some Holiday projects.  We used a bunch of paint yesterday - 90% of which went down the drain after bath time, but it was fun so that's wht counts.  Today I am going to work really hard to get my caft room "spotlesly clean", wish me luck, getting sidetracked is easy on this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1751 on: November 05, 2010 11:36:36 AM »

I've organized all my finished projects and thinking about donating them(what is not designated as Christmas gifts)to charity. There are church bazaars and fundraisers that can use them, I think. =]  Destash-part one...and then I'm joining the Offer What You Have Swap to unload a few more items. --part two
Not much crafting done today--part three!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 05, 2010 06:53:54 PM »

Kittymom13, ( may I call you Kitty?), those squares are fantastic!
Can't wait to see more, brilliant!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1753 on: November 05, 2010 07:10:50 PM »

thank you...ScrappySue...you can call me kitty, if you want too!!!  Grin

I'm just finishing the raw edge circle squares and then I can switch over to the vintage project and it's very fine thread!!  I'm just itchin' to play with it some more!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

« Reply #1754 on: November 06, 2010 04:34:27 AM »

Smiley wow you guys are so inspiring!
I'm just making hats and stuff that I can make on the bus nowadays- because of uni workload actually taking over my life Sad

there's been so many awesome things I can't remember them all, but they are all truly beautiful Smiley

you're inspiring me to actually do some work and write my interim analysis report! Smiley
(its not so crafty but dayum it needs doin'!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1755 on: November 06, 2010 06:15:28 AM »

Lany...JuSt makin' hats??  that's great!!  You do what you can w/your schedule...and keep on smilin'!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rinoa1024
« Reply #1756 on: November 06, 2010 06:39:51 PM »

Thanks Kittymom13 and alwaysinmyroom, I felt much better after reading both of your responses. Smiley

I finished the scarf yesterday:

It turned out the right length!  Yay~

I was working on this while waiting for my boyfriend to finish voting at our neighboring polling place on Election Day.  A sweet, white-haired, 80-something year old man with a cane walked up to me, smiled, and asked me, "Are you knitting for a baby?"  I was caught off-guard and started blushing madly. ("Do I look pregnant? O_O")  Then I recovered and told him, "No, I'm knitting for me. Smiley"  He chuckled a bit and wished me a nice day.  I wonder if people in his generation only knit when they were expecting.  Anyhow, I thought it was cute, once I got over the embarrassment. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1757 on: November 06, 2010 10:11:58 PM »

Aww--what a cute story!  Your scarf is lovely  I looks like it would keep you very warm!

And, yes, it used to be that when a woman was knitting, it was usually baby booties...watch some of the old shows...I remember when Lucille Ball was "knitting" and her hubby finally figured it out...don't be embarrassed...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1758 on: November 08, 2010 09:17:35 AM »

Used up 90" (all I had) lace trim!
used up a meter of christmas fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1759 on: November 08, 2010 10:20:29 AM »

Okay, so on Saturday I went to the fiber festival. I saw so much pretty yarns and fibers and wheels. And finally got to see the Angora rabbits in person. OMG So fluffy! So fluffy that when they lay down their heads pretty much disappeared into their fur XD  I wish I had had my camera.

While there I only bought two things I needed. Some more fabric for the needle punch, plus some red thread to finish my grandmothers present. So I spent $15 in total. I've used up one of the things of red already, glad I bought two just in case. I am halfway done now with my grandmas present so I'll post a pic of that later. I got some help with a problem I was having with the needle punch and another woman helped me figure out the drop spindle so that I can finish spinning the fiber I have.

My grandma told me that the YMCA is collecting clothes and winter things right now so I'll be donating my scarves to that. I just need to finish up the halfway done one. I have a bunch of yarn left to use too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Summer Fish Tail Plait Hairstyle
How to Get a Summery Braided Flower Hairstyle
How to Get a Gorgeous Formal French Twist Hairstyle
How to Stop the 7 Signs of Aging Hair
Need A New Look? The Hottest Wigs For You
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...