A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 145716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1730 on: November 02, 2010 07:23:01 AM »

The doll PJ's are so cute--how tall are your dolls?  They look small in scale to the scissors in the background!

Thanks. They are yosds and are 25cm. It was my first time doing sleeves on something so it was a bit of a challenge when I could just get my finger inside the hole XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1731 on: November 02, 2010 07:30:40 AM »

Oh--not as small as I thought, but still a challenge to make the sleeves and legs!

I had a small doll that I had to use a pencil to push the sleeves open...it was about 3 inches tall or about 8 cm tall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rinoa1024
« Reply #1732 on: November 02, 2010 05:49:03 PM »

I finished another project yayy.  This time, it's a beanie for my boyfriend:

Working on an eternity scarf from stash yarn:

I did a gauge swatch knitting flat but forgot that I'd be knitting this in the round.  Sad  It looks smaller than expected but hopefully a good blocking will stretch it out to the correct length.  If not, I hope it looks ok as a cowl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1733 on: November 02, 2010 06:17:25 PM »

Great hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1734 on: November 02, 2010 07:13:09 PM »

Sweet knitting, Rinoa1024!!  The hat fits and looks great!  Is the eternity pattern your own??  I'm stitching up headscarves from bits of yarn from the stash.  I posted one in finished knitting projects.  I got the pattern for Calorimetry off of Knitty.com.  Nice to see a fellow knit-whit, here! Wink

Hello to all ya'all!!  My computer is NoT working at the moment and DH is working on it and letting me use his computer(gaming central--AwesomE graphics!--)
So if I am not on in the next day or two...I'll be destashing!!  Today's class using vintage embroidered and crochet'd pieces was just up my crafty alley!  I'll be cutting and listening to music all day tomorrow!!  Except in the early morning and evening...then I knit/crochet!!

Hope you have fun crafting!!
 Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Grin Smiley Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rinoa1024
« Reply #1735 on: November 02, 2010 07:54:49 PM »

Thanks everyone! Cheesy

Sweet knitting, Rinoa1024!!  The hat fits and looks great!  Is the eternity pattern your own??  I'm stitching up headscarves from bits of yarn from the stash.  I posted one in finished knitting projects.  I got the pattern for Calorimetry off of Knitty.com.  Nice to see a fellow knit-whit, here! Wink

Oh, your Calorimetry is cute!  I completely forgot about that pattern.  I knit one a few years ago for my mom but I have a few odd balls of wool that could also be Calorimetries.

The pattern for the scarf is the Eternity Scarf by Michele Wang (Ravelry link).  If you're not on Ravelry, there is a picture of the scarf here on the designer's blog.

Kind of OT, but I actually feel pretty guilty because I didn't buy her pattern, but figured it out by looking at pictures of finished scarves on Ravelry. Sad  On one hand, I'm trying to minimize the amount of money I spend on crafting this year, but on the other hand, the scarf was her idea and her design, and I wouldn't have thought to knit a scarf in this pattern until I saw a picture of her design.  I'm not going to share my pattern notes, I'm either keeping the scarf for myself or gifting it (not selling it), and my project page on Ravelry credits her design.  Are there any pattern designers out there?  How would you feel if someone used pictures of your patterns and reproduced it for private use, but didn't compensate you monetarily?  (Am I overreacting? Huh)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 02, 2010 08:31:26 PM »

lovely things!
Hey Kittymom13, I can't wait to see pics of your latest craftyness, sounds intreging Grin
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1737 on: November 03, 2010 06:33:27 AM »

Nice knitting!  I love making the calorimetries but I found that the pattern made it way too big so I have modified it and made it over 20 times...it is fast, easy, and showcases small amounts of yarn!

Rinoa1024--I think that if you did the work figuring out the pattern, good for you!  A lot of crafting is duplicating something you see...if I pay for a pattern, it is because I do not want to go through the trial and error of figuring it out myself or else, I pay for the time it would have taken me to figure it out...plus, it is really hard to know who the original person who designed the item was..

Now with the cold weather, I think I will be concentrating more to reduce my yarn stash instead of my fabric stash... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1738 on: November 03, 2010 12:11:30 PM »

Wowzers I've missed alot!!!   Shocked

Nice to be back...hope it lasts...keep getting pop-ups from Window...grrr!

I agree w/alwaysinmyroom...if you are able to come up w/your own variation...you did not use her pattern.  And giving her credit for the inspiration, is gracious and honest.  I think it is incredibly talented to be able to look at a pattern and know where to go from there and make it your own...kind of like playing classical music w/ a rag-time twist!  Very talented!!  Wink

Calorimetry, as the lady in the LYS said, is a pattern that tended to stretch out...I've gone to smaller needles, and am now working on one in much smaller scale yarn and needle size...and still liking the results!  I've had this little baggie of self-striping yarn for a long time now and have made(most) of a headscarf...that will likely end up being my daughter's...have to send her little things to make sure she knows we haven't forgotten her out on the West Coast!!

I'll have some pics to post after DH gets home and can tell me if my photo uploading capabilities are still on this computer...one thing I am not...is computer/technology savvy! 
I've been cooking soup, washin' dishes and doing laundry, while crocheting a row or two here and there today...hope everyone else is having a splendiferous day!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet
« Reply #1739 on: November 03, 2010 12:51:20 PM »

managed to destash 1.5 meter of Christmas fabric:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Japanese Artists Create Balloon Couture Dresses
Artist Creates Kitchen Accessories Inspired By Bizarre Human Biology
Artistic Industrial Themed Liquid Lights
Russian Designers Propose a Trampoline Walkway
Architectural Firm Plans to Build a Cantilever Wine Museum in Lavaux
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...