A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 143232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1690 on: October 28, 2010 07:02:42 AM »

Did you hand embroider the faces for the dolls?  They are very nice w/ all the clothing and accessories!  =]
Great job!  Do you need supplies?  Can I send floss, fleece, more felt, yarn for hair?  I have all of the above!  Where are you, if I may ask...=] 
The fabric that I said was ugly is actually a dress that was made Polynesian-style and is very pretty, just unusal for the Midwest where I hail from.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2010 07:16:11 AM »

lol alwaysinmyroom, no enough pics today, I just made more doll clothes, eg petticoats, board shorts and pj pants.
Heres some pics for you of something I did this week if you are interested...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=362905.msg4260996#msg4260996

Heya Kittymom13, yes, I hand embroidered the faces for a lady who makes wonderful dolls and clothes, but her eyesight is failing her to do the faces.
Supplies would normally be great! I take them up and share them with others but I am too far away to make it worth your while I am afraid, I am on the west coast of Australia  Wink
Pity the dress is too unusual for you to use.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1692 on: October 28, 2010 07:26:23 AM »

my goodness you are versatile...from sewing to sculpture!

I just spent the last half hour reading about the Uthando Project...it made me well up with tears...I see that you are in Australia and it appears that the project is originally started there...wow...

I guess the movement is similar to the many we have here, including Quilt for Kids, the Linus Project, etc.  I have always loved dolls, however (which is why I always join the dotee swaps!!)...my first knit project was a doll dress!  I learned to sew by hand making doll clothes...

I think in January, I am going to re-evaluate my crafting projects and gear them toward more causes like this...it has to be so rewarding...I feel my heart swelling today... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 28, 2010 08:05:41 AM »

versatile, you could say that!
I am studying Lithography, Bronze Sculpture and Mark Making this term, so much fun! (tomorrow I get to print my first ever Lithograph !)
Last term I did Instalation and Print, I concentrated on metal etching.
There are some lovely projects around, I will read up on the ones you mentioned tonight.
Its nice to go with what you love to do, and it sounds like dolls are really your thing  Grin
I make so many things that I make much more than my family could ever use, so this charity really hits the spot for me, esp with helping me cope with my fabric addiction!
I originally got into the Uthando project as it was something I could support people I look after to do.
I wont get on my soap box, but I think its important for people with disabilities to feel that they are contributing too, and there are so many varied parts to this project, it suits a very wide group of people and abilities.
S
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1694 on: October 28, 2010 09:41:32 AM »

So very inspiring this morning!!   Smiley  Thank you for sharing your work and the inspiration behind it, ScrappySue...I like to see the pictures of what it is you're making.  Keep posting them from time to time!  =]  Way back when I was 10 and learning to crochet it was doll things that I was making, too...blankets and such...it was pretty rough looking, but my friend Linda still has them!
I've sent things to New Zealand for swaps and wouldn't mind filling a small box with goodies...it's the least I could do if you could use them, S!
And I think that I should really go check at the library to see if I could start up a group in my new community and do some charity crafting!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: October 28, 2010 09:52:14 AM »

I wonder if there is a group in America?
Its late and I should get to bed, but its been lovely "talking" to you both, you have definately got me thinking.
Night ladies!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
LaughingLark
« Reply #1696 on: October 28, 2010 10:32:20 AM »

I hope there is a group in America! What a great project!

I have de-stashing to show this afternoon! I made some ornaments with beads and wire, and finished the inkle band that has been on my loom for ages. I didn't like the way the rose and black yarns stuck to each other with every shed change. Making this piece was a fight. Cheesy

I'm thinking it would be fun to trim some dolly clothes with bits of inkle weaving for the Uthando Project, or something like it, if we have it in the states. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1697 on: October 28, 2010 11:18:30 AM »

Excellent job LaughingLark!!  All very pretty and how good does it feel to get finished w/your projects?Huh Grin
I know, and I am keeping the wave goin' by cutting strips and squares for future projects today.  I've also been working on my Crochet-along projects(also destashing) in granny patterns.  =]  No pics yet, but I am headed back to the old house to see if I've left it there... Roll Eyes  Also, going to chat w/a good crafting buddy!
TTFN
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: October 28, 2010 12:20:14 PM »

I really like those ornaments. I've been working on some things, I just haven't got pictures yet. I've done 2 practice scarfs on my cricket loom (they're little and will be Christmas presents for my sons) and right now have a different scarf set up that my 4 year old is weaving for herself. She's rather in love with my loom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1699 on: October 28, 2010 12:34:18 PM »

very pretty--I need to get in the mood to do some holiday crafting!  I have made quite a few Christmas gifts for the family so decorations are next...I have lots of spare beads that would make cute ornaments for packages...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Rocha London Fashion Week Fall 2014 Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Chelsea Leyland’s Must Have Makeup Essentials
Essence Gives Four Service Women Military Makeovers
How to Wear Pink Makeup
Mally Roncal Makeup Backstage at the Tracy Reese NYFW Fall Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...