A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 130725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkladymajesta
« Reply #1520 on: September 13, 2010 07:08:02 PM »

so you guys want to see a scary picture of my new craft room?
ready?

And that is why I haven't been destashing. But I am working on some swaps that are almost entirely stash Smiley More photos will come once I finish organizing. I am super excited Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1521 on: September 13, 2010 10:36:27 PM »

looks like a work in progress! Have Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1522 on: September 14, 2010 05:32:10 AM »

Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures...

Pocket diapers:

I've actually done quite a few more of these and also some fitted diapers but I don't have pics yet.

Traveling woman shawlette:

Flame on baby hat:

I think that's all I have pictures of for now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1523 on: September 14, 2010 05:41:55 AM »

DLM that looks great compared to my mess right now. Why does it always get so much worse before it starts getting better? Sigh.

Nice work Guineverefree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1524 on: September 14, 2010 07:34:44 AM »

I just got back from my vacation on Sunday, so now I can get back to destashing I only have three scarves done so I need to get going as the cold weather is starting to come closer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #1525 on: September 14, 2010 09:18:07 AM »

DLM that looks great compared to my mess right now. Why does it always get so much worse before it starts getting better? Sigh.

Nice work Guineverefree!

Its funny, my husband said to me the other day "Why does it always look messier when you organize?" and he always says this while I am in the *middle* of the project not when it is completed LOL.

Well, I have gotten more organized in my craft room but my job keeps getting in the way of cleaning. Guess I gotta earn my money for my cricut somehow right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1526 on: September 18, 2010 01:58:06 PM »

Still slogging away over here. I'm having to pack away all the supplies I won't be using for xmas gifts, halloween costumes or projects I owe people right now and it's daunting to see the stacks of tote bins grow and grow. What's in there? I just put it away and I can't even remember!
It's making me re-evaluate the stash I thought I'd be keeping. I took out a big pile of fabrics from the "maybe one day" section and transferred them to the give away and the "to be cut out for specific mass produced projects" piles. I'm going to have some really interesting tissue cosies and cloth bags to sell and gift!
It's hard to tell yet, still a forest for the trees situation, but I might be making some headway. Fingers are crossed for the speedy arrival of the light at the end of this tunnel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
gaudiknight
« Reply #1527 on: September 18, 2010 02:48:34 PM »

I've had a productive week, but of course it is raining today and I can't get any good pictures.  So you'll have to make do with a rather icky one until the sun decides to shine again.

Finished up a baby blanket.  Its about 30 inches square, which I suppose is stroller size.  It doesn't look like much, but is nice and skwooshy.  Still trying to decide if it needs ribbon to lace through the eyelets on the edge.  That's the one thing I do not have in my stash.

The blanket, plus a few other projects makes four skeins out of the stash this week, which isn't so bad, if I do say so myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1528 on: September 18, 2010 09:09:48 PM »

Gaudinight, if it's for a baby, the ribbon could be a hazard, unless it's securly stitched in all around. It would be pretty, but my thought is leave it alone. Nice little blanket, as it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1529 on: September 18, 2010 10:31:31 PM »

I haven't been able to craft as much as I'd like lately, but I finished a woven throw for Ian. This is on the Kromski Harp. I bought a 8 dent per inch heddle for the loom, which works better with the worsted yarns most readily available to me *cough*Red Heart*cough*. The heddle that comes with the loom is a 10 dent, and that one works better for thinner yarns.

Since it is Red Heart, it was scratchy up until I washed it. Woven things need to be wet-finished anyway, and I was pleased with how much it softened up after one washing. The end fringes were twisted and tied prior to washing to keep them looking neat. Ian really likes it. Now I know what I will be doing with the Red Heart in my stash. I'll be making some throws as Christmas gifts, and they will be machine washable.  Smiley

gaudiknight, my kids all found satin ribbons irresistible when they were babies, and they would have found a way to pull loops of the ribbon out even if they were stitched down, so it is better not to add it. I like the blankie as it is. You did a great job. It looks like it is very soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Molly Ringwald’s Next Act
Haikus of the Heart
Kurt Eichenwald on His Book "500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars"
Adam McOmber on The White Forest
Tips on Foods That Will Help You Stay Toned
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...