A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 138465 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Blue Rose
« Reply #1260 on: July 04, 2010 11:35:40 PM »

Wow I love that scarf Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #1261 on: July 05, 2010 07:06:15 AM »

Thank you, Blue Rose.  Smiley

It's supposed to be stormy here later on today, so I will be involving my kids in this next scarf if they are bored. It's an experiment using random sweater thrums (short bits of wool) that I will let the kids pick out. I'll work the short bits in from time to time. I decided to use the rest of this Lion Brand Homespun yarn now, to keep it from sinking back into stash. I didn't want to make another scarf that was just like the other, either. This should be fun.

Once again, this is the 5 dent heddle that I ordered. I think I will be using it a lot.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1262 on: July 05, 2010 09:47:35 AM »

I like it, kinda nubbly.

It's too hot here to do a thing right now. I'm not much of a sweaty person but I am literally drippnig with it right now. All the towels and wash clothes get skunky from the humidity in one day, I'm thinking about what I can sew up to replace them for summer. Flannel? Cotton sheeting? I have some organic bamboo fleece but I don't know how it would work and hate to waste it trying and failing. Got any ideas girls? Something that will wash and dry us but will dry off hanging up very quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
LaughingLark
« Reply #1263 on: July 05, 2010 10:32:24 AM »

CLM, it's not very crafty because there is no crafting involved, but we use old 100% cotton pillow cases as towels when it is super crazy hot and humid here.  Smiley

If you want to sew something, just look for old-time sheets at the thrift store and rip them into sections, then hem them up. Maybe decorate the hems with a few rows of decorative stitching. This could be a chance to play with the different stitches found on most sewing machines these days. They'd have to be the old kind of sheets, though, or they will not be absorbent enough.

Progress on the scarf experiment:

After I weave for a while, I just snip those loose bits of yarn.  It looks like yarn bits of any size can become Cricket food.  Cheesy
Edited to add:
Done!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010 04:01:28 PM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1264 on: July 05, 2010 05:24:03 PM »

Your weaving is very inspirational!  I definitely need to get a loom...I do love my knifty knitter...but I am a bit bored with it...

LaughingLark--you pick some pretty colors...I love seeing how you thread it up and then how it looks when you are done!

I am so miserably hot that I just cannot touch anything that is made of yarn, fabric, etc.

My holiday crafting has been eating ice cream and drinking tons of ice tea...

I used four balls of cotton yarn to make market bags, which I desperately needed...I buy a lot of fresh produce at the Farmer's Market and these bags are great for hauling it to my car!  I used one this weekend to carry my swimsuit and towel...very versatile bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
J_Kieviet

« Reply #1265 on: July 05, 2010 06:57:39 PM »

I destashed
-a pack of white model magic
-a pack of pink model magic
-spool of elastic thread

I did add to stash again, but it's for specific projects

-pink faux fur (stuffed homestead greeter pig)
-pink satin (princess leah dress)

Added because I bought to much
-blue fabric
-fabric paint (I had to buy a pack of 5 just to get blue glitter)
-purple fabric - but it was only stashed for about 2 hrs before I found another project for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
LaughingLark
« Reply #1266 on: July 05, 2010 08:08:37 PM »

Ugh, ugh, ugh! My ten year old just broke the tub faucet off by accident. He was tuning off the shower with his foot.  Roll Eyes It broke the pipe inside of the wall itself, so it's going to be an expensive fix. We don't need this right now, financially.

Maybe I can calm down a bit by crafting my way back to my happy place. I wish I could fix the faucet myself, but I totally don't know what I'm doing with plumbing in the wall. I see marathon crafting in my near future... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koikana
« Reply #1267 on: July 06, 2010 01:39:06 AM »

I was bad. I de-stashed a cardboard box (I can't seem to make myself throw them away, they are oh so useful!) for a mail-sorter, but then I went to hobby lobby and bought paints to paint it (eh, ok, for the current project) as well as safety eyes (for destashing yarn into stress bunnies) corkboard (yet another purchase wherein I had a fantastic idea for it at the store, then got home staring at it dumbly) and chalkboard paint to make one side of my mail-sorter a chalkboard. Oh, and felt. v-v It was on sale. I have no willpower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slaying Stress Bunnies- My crafty projects/anxiety blog
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1268 on: July 06, 2010 05:08:01 AM »

Yesterday I pulled out my old beading loom I got when I was little. I even still have the seed beads that came with it, lol. So I made a little thing for practice that I'll probably use as a bookmark. After that, I started sorting the beads since they are all mixed together. It takes so long to sort them though so I didn't do it for too long. I'll probably work on that while watching a movie or something. At least I'm going to be getting rid of the seed beads though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1269 on: July 06, 2010 05:55:50 AM »

Vampedangel14, I can't wait to see what you make. Bead looms are fun!

Koikana, I do stuff like that too. I also tend to overbuy because I don't drive. When I can get out of town, I know I can't come back whenever I like, so I will buy things that I might have passed over if I knew I could come back to the craft store at my leisure. I'm trying to use what I buy within a month or so, but my purchases tend to exceed the amount of time I have to work in. I'm trying to to a better job, but it is hard.  Cheesy

I wish I could figure out how to get the broken bit of pipe out. It broke right at the threads, and I think that the plumbing pipe itself needs to be replaced if we can't get it out. I will try to see what I can do while waiting for the plumber, but with the blood clot problem behind my knee, I can't stay in a kneeling position to work. Wish me luck on that.  Smiley

CLM, I love that stamp, and the dragon! Beautiful work! Congrats on the AC, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Ways to Look Cute When Its Cold Outside
Cute and Casual Holiday Outfit Tips
Hottest Holiday Party Fashions
How to Personalize Your Own Look
How to Style Your Turtleneck Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...