A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 145967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1220 on: June 28, 2010 11:11:12 AM »

oh man--laughinglark--I meant to comment on your weaving!!! I love the colors and what great table runners and placemats weaving could make!  I am glad you pointed out the pitfalls...I never thought weaving too tight could end up being not very flexible for say, a scarf!

mio--wow--you sure produce a lot of hats...great variety as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1221 on: June 28, 2010 11:34:15 AM »

mio--wow--you sure produce a lot of hats...great variety as well!

I have to produce a wide variety otherwise I'd have given up interest and stopped making them long ago! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1222 on: June 28, 2010 12:38:35 PM »

Thanks, everyone. Smiley I made some more over the last couple of days. Some yarns I have are really fun colors, but rough. Especially the blue and green one. I'm hoping I can wash and block out some of the stiffness. If not, I'm eyeing that piece of weaving for a bag of some kind. I might make myself some fun and crazy project totes with the rougher, but more colorful, yarns in my stash.

On the stiffer yarns, I have a little more trouble controlling the tension, so the blue green scarf has a few bad spots on the side. They are good for practice, though. I love bright colors and variegated yarns, and someday I'll be working with better ones. Meanwhile, I'm having a blast learning how to combine my colors.

This one is a variegated purple with a plum yarn for the weft. It's going to be stiff, too. Oh, well.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1223 on: June 28, 2010 01:01:20 PM »

wow--totally looks like great fun--and such beautiful combos of colors!

You know, the stiffer ones would make fabulous belts!!  A purse is a good idea as well...have fun and keep posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #1224 on: June 29, 2010 08:33:29 AM »

I haven't done much destashing lately, but I haven't added anything to my stash either.

Here's some pouches I made in may when I had spare moments at school. The grey one is for my pattern drawing supplies (rulers, glue, tape, pencil case etc.) and the other is for sewing supplies (scissors, pins, needles etc.). I put scissors and pin cushion for scale.

My sister asked me to make a small pouch for her, but I made three. She took all of them, but I'm not sure if she's going to keep them. She said she'll keep the one with buttons for sure, but might give the others to her friends.

Couple of swap items:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346098.msg4089209;topicseen#msg4089209 (the last picture)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346098.msg4093907;topicseen#msg4093907
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1225 on: June 29, 2010 09:08:18 AM »

It is somewhat heartening to see that I am not the only one slipping on my de-stash resolution.  But we've been at this for six + months now, so it is understandable that we've hit a bit of a lag.  It is time, therefore, to put back on our de-stashing battle armor and return to the fray.

Last year for motivation I kept a log of what projects I had made and how much stash supplies they were using up compared to how much I was adding to my stash.  (It was easier to do then,  as I only bought two balls of yarn the entire year  Tongue)  This year I figured out that I've used up around 18 balls of yarn in 8 different projects, and brought in around a dozen balls of yarn.  Not exactly effective de-stashing, but since the new yarn is all fingering weight the volume has gone down considerably.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1226 on: June 29, 2010 11:46:14 AM »

I've gotten a few projects done but I'm not making any quick progress. I did some sorting of material/clothing for repurposing and I really need to get sewing if I'm going to get prefolds and fitted diapers done before this kid gets here.

I should hopefully have some knitted projects to post soon. Nothing overly exciting but destashing nonetheless!

Gaudiknight - most of my new yarn is fingering weight too. Funny how my yarn seems to keep moving to lighter weights. I just bought my first lace weight too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1227 on: June 29, 2010 02:41:35 PM »

Aw, how cute!  I especially love his little ears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1228 on: June 29, 2010 05:10:05 PM »

Such a sweet and happy monkey--I love him. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1229 on: June 29, 2010 07:38:39 PM »

Ok, so not going good on destash - I bought more fabric, but it will be used up by July 20th.  I had bought pink but then sil said my niece wants to be barbie island princess for her party, ok, we'll see what I can do, she gets her wish and it only cost me $8 - I'll shar pics when it's done.  As for the pink, I normally do an outfit for her 'party' at our house to, she's crazy about pigs at the moment, so perhaps it will be a "princess of the piggy's outfit".

On another not, I am getting rid of garbage and managed to get all my books AND games into one cupboard, my desk is still needing cleaning, and I want to destash some beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Horse Book Trailer
Amped Book Trailer
How The Light Gets In 2012: Is Philosophy For Everyone?
How The Light Gets In 2012: What Happens at a Philosophy Festival?
How The Light Gets In 2012: Who Has Impacted Your Personal Philosophy?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...