A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 310,016
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 231021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momcuellar
« Reply #960 on: May 06, 2010 11:35:34 AM »

Hey everybody!!

gaudiknight, love the hat!!  The yarn is divine!

Craftylittle monkey,  the bracelet is so awesome.  Don't blame you for the mine, mine, all mine!!  Hee Hee

Qazi: as always your cards are wonderful.  I'm envious of your family, they get handmade works of art for special occasions!

Okay, so I'll fess up.  I got so bored with the scottie dog that I went and bought some peruvian print yarn and started crocheting a blanket (something I vowed I would never do again, ever ever!!!)  I've knocked out 2 of the three skeins I've bought, and it looks like the blanket will be big enought to cover my feet. I will be forced to used the Lion Suede stash I've had for a few months, so maybe it all worked out for the best.

Oh, and I bought another doll to dress. (shy shelby from lots to love; red hair, freckles chubby and pigtails, how can you say no to that?   That makes it 10 dolls that need new outfits. (I miscounted last time). 

I'm glad to read that everyone is keeping busy.  Don't be shocked if I drop off for a few days.  Just can't stop crocheting!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
ysmeine
« Reply #961 on: May 06, 2010 03:48:02 PM »

Always- I have that same yarn in my stash, the lime green and a blue color. I made a extra tall neckwarmer out of the brown and cream, but ended up using it as a laptop sleeve. I think the extra thickness gives it more padding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #962 on: May 07, 2010 06:44:15 AM »

I saw that bethieb had made a camera cover out of bulky yarn because she liked the padding...I have an older camera and it just made it bulkier!  I love the yarn, though!  I am thinking of making some crochet baskets using two strands...they sure don't give you a lot, though!  It took one skein for that little bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #963 on: May 07, 2010 11:12:34 AM »

yes, it took 2 1/4 skeins to make my laptop sleeve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #964 on: May 07, 2010 11:41:19 AM »

I want to make an ipod case as a surprise for someone...does anyone have one that you could give me measurements? I do not want to ask her...and the ones I have seen posted do not give measurements!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Casey1201
« Reply #965 on: May 09, 2010 05:02:22 PM »

always do you know what type of ipod it is? I have an older video 16GB one that I can give you measurements too if its similair
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
gaudiknight
« Reply #966 on: May 09, 2010 07:18:40 PM »

Also, if its a current generation ipod, the apple store gives measurements under the "technical specs" tab for whatever particular model you're looking for.  I had to replace my mp3 player this weekend, so I'll be joining you in cozy-construction when it arrives and final exams are over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #967 on: May 10, 2010 07:53:33 AM »

superstitch just told me about their technical website...I had to ask her since I did not realize there were different kinds!

I, who do not even use a cell phone, had no idea!! Smiley  thanks anyway...

good news!!  I used up 4 yards of fabric to make a reversible apron with ruffles...finally got to use more than just a few scraps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #968 on: May 10, 2010 07:57:58 AM »

I destashed six skeins of yarn to my aunt this weekend. I did buy two yards of fabric to make doll stuff with for a swap though, but nothing else and I was at the craft store! Yay me Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #969 on: May 10, 2010 10:28:39 AM »

My friends got a baby recently and I sent them baby booties, a bib and a card. I also made similar booties to another friend who is pregnant at the moment and I have crocheted a third pair, but I still need to weave the ends in etc. 1 ball of blue alpaca yarn destashed.

Close up of the fun button I used for booties. And you can see the colour better. 
n
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Cork Board
Triptychs: Art in Three Pieces
Meatless Monday: Italian Stew

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...