A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 140548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2010 10:21:00 AM »

That was my thought. when it comes to diaper stuff, you always need more. I always used the vinyl covers. Do the soakers keep the outer garments dry?

Oh, definitely I plan to make more!  I'd like to have 4-5 of each size so that I can rotate them in/out with ample time for cleaning and drying.  Wool is a pretty absorbent (and breathable) fiber.  There should be no reason why they wouldn't keep the outer garments dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2010 01:04:29 PM »

I had never heard of them when my kids were young, but now I see them all the time. It just makes me curious. My oldest is 19 and he is the only one who used cloth diapers at any point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2010 01:48:56 PM »

lapoli- Thank you! Those diaper cover look so cute! Too bad I did not hear about cloth diapers 2 years ago, now the kid is too big for that, maybe if I have another one I will take the plunge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2010 03:50:34 PM »

Lapoli, I always wanted to use those soakers but never had the nerve. I hear they don't leak but... Have you ever seen them in action? I'm curious. Friends are always having babies these days.

Here's my latest destash project. I am working on a pattern for something a friend wants to make and figured why not make the prototype out of ok fabric and give it to one of the kids. Why not eh? Uses up fabric from my pile (mountain) and makes them so incredibly happy while I'm at it Wink. Button eyes, fabric nose.

We don't know if it's a monkey or a dog so my little dude named it Mog. Heh.

The first thing I thought of was Hobbs from Calvin and Hobbs, except he is a tiger XD

I did a great job then...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2010 04:25:54 PM »

I have not seen them in action, as most of my friends don't have children.. for whatever reason.  Are you on Ravelry, by chance? If so, you can search the pattern section for diaper soakers and click on the "projects" tabs.  There are a lot of action photographs, at least, of the soakers!  I won't be able to report back on these until September/October at the earliest. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2010 03:52:41 AM »

I destashed some of my yarn by crocheting my mom a hat.She is undergoing radiation therepy and the side effects are pretty bad.She 's having a hard time with it so i made a hat to cheer her up.But I went out to our storage shed & found a bag full & storage box full of yarn!Arrgh at this rate I'll never get all my craft stuff down to a normal (whatever normal is) amount  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
ysmeine
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2010 10:25:41 AM »

I went to three different stores that carry yarn (one lys), and only bought hooks, needles, and books. I did manage to use some stash cotton yarn teaching myself tunisian crochet and some wool (I bought it for a swap then changed my mind) practicing crochetnit. I made a handful of scrubbies, a couple of washclothes, and a pair of wristwarmers. I plan to continue practicing different stitches with more washclothes and some ron's blanket squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2010 03:12:32 PM »

So I just spent $75 at Michaels after not having gone to a craft store in months. But the things I bought I needed to finish up my projects. I was given a bunch of beads but had no clasps/closures/crimp things so I had to get some and they're really expensive. And I needed some Mode Podge so I can use my oragami paper to do the decoupage thing. So that will get rid of stuff now I can finish them.  Since the bead stuff is so expensive and I don't see myself doing beading/jewelry in the future (except adding tiny things to a bag or something), I may try and get rid of it all.  My aunt was just telling me that she needs more yarn so I think I'll bring her over some of mine and that will get rid of some too.

I'm working on the decoupage right now since it doesn't take long with what I'm doing. Maybe later I'll pop a movie in and finish the strap to the bag I started in December >.>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #778 on: March 27, 2010 04:10:23 PM »

I am working on getting rid of my mountain of old jeans!  They take up way too much room!

Here is one of the aprons I made--and I plan on making quite a few more, including full aprons!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2010 04:28:38 PM »

Alwayinmyroom:  I love the apron
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gorgeous Silhouette Plates from Old Plates
How to Frame Your Personal Valuables
How to Turn a Leaf Into Art
How to Recycle an Old Door Into a Blackboard
How to Recycle Old Chopsticks Into Ornamental Coasters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...