A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 149628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2010 07:16:31 AM »

I can relate to the memories inanimate objects inspire, and fabric is no exception.
I have now filled the entire back seat of my car with fabrics to give away, and binned two garbage bags of scraps too small to bother with, unless I had another lifetime to use them all in.
I will be posting a before and after pic of my craft room later, the first one where you had to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find your way out, and a second one where I have floor!
Woohoo!
I have rediscovered so many things I had forgotten I had.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2010 07:22:04 AM »

I am having anxiey attacks over boxing up the giveaways! I told hubby to seal them so when I get home, I can put on the addresses and mail them out tomorrow...but, I do like that my craft room is a bit roomier and does not seem as cluttered!!

I am getting the carpet removed in the spring and having the wood floors underneath redone, so I have to purge out a lot of stuff before them (or find a cheap storage facility!!)...I also got rid of a lot of duplicate papers...

Destashing is stressful...at least for today!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 07:22:20 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2010 07:52:08 AM »

I have finished some projects, but I couldn't take pictures some of them because I need someone to take pictures of me wearing them. But here's two.

I made a shirt for my friend's son. I had to buy the zipper and welt, but they were used and not added to my stash.

And a bib for her daughter. This is one of the bibs my mom had cut almost 20 years ago and which I told you about few pages ago.

Then the bad news. I have this much fabric left. And some more at school.

My yarn stash isn't so bad, and the boxes can be closed easily now even if my stash has grown with two balls I got from swaps.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 10:21:26 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2010 08:00:45 AM »

Awesome shirt heini! I like that a lot! Tongue I have a few things to post, but I'm waiting for pics to upload. I have 16 pictures, but I'm going to cut it down by at LEAST half.

That sounds good always. (Definitely not the anxiety, but the floors.) You'll have a lot less to clean in there. (Wood is better for getting rid of tiny scraps and threads and such.) Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2010 08:28:33 AM »

Okay, these are a few of the projects I've done or almost done out of my stash so far.

This is a tote bag I made for ageddert from the 50 projects craftalong. She traded me some fuzzy fabric, and I crocheted her a hat and a cat toy too. She said she liked turtles, and I had gotten this awesome fabric from alwaysinmyroom.

The lining (the handles are different colored.) Has a pink ribbon to tie both sides together.

These are a pair of slippers I made using the pattern posted in the crochet board... they were colorful and striped... I made these out of grey, and altered the pattern all the way up to the ankle and made an actual heel part instead of just sewing the two sides together.

These are a pair I am in the middle of making. I just need to make the cuff on the other slipper. I honestly should have been long done with them... but I'll be posting the finished pictures in the crochet board, and linking to them as one of my 50 I think.

Side view.

Just made this today. TOTAL pick me up. I was down and out, so I decided to make a zip pouch when I saw the material. Also from alwaysinmyroom. Smiley I also destashed a teal colored zipper I thought I was either NEVER going to use or going to have to make something CRAZY colored to use it. Turns out it's PERFECT.

I'm so excited to use this today. Don't know what I'm going to put in it, but I'm gonna find something.

I stitched along the seam a little bit. It secures the zipper facing down instead of poking out like it wants to. Smiley

Not massively amazing like some of you have been pushing out, but it's something. Right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2010 09:28:19 AM »

shhh--don't be telling everyone that the way I am destashing is sending it to you guys! Wink

I love that shape bag...have not tried it yet!  Very cute--it would make a great bag to carry toiletries!  I love the tal zipper...I was lame and used white in my project--the teal adds a bit of punch!

The tote turned out cute as well...I had that turtle fabric forever and in a short time, you made it into something fabulous...I have no imagination...

I like the high slippers--the short ones always seem to slide off of me!

Keep on destashing... (and so will I Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2010 11:50:05 AM »

I'm not destashing the clothing fabric, because I really don't have much that's suitable for clothes. Just old left-over decorating stuff. And the world's largest stash of rip-stop nylon. But, that stuff needs to be made into a cash-producing inventory. Then, maybe, I'll have
money to buy the white and lavender and french blue silks I'm dreaming of!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2010 01:05:17 PM »

How much could I ask for them?
The price should be
material cost (don't forget the thread you sew with!) + your salary (how long it takes to make one) + some extra (like 10%) for electricity, sewing machine etc. + taxes.

material cost=1$ a bag sale at the thrift store Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am having a horrible couple of weeks. I keep going out and buying more and more supplies for  swap stuff. This is not helping me destash at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2010 01:11:19 PM »

oh man--I just bought rip stop nylon for my lunch bags...I hope it doesn't sew horrid--it feels very stiff to me...any tips KLKing? I just got about 1/2 yard of white to test out ---my sis is coming next week and is expecting those bags to take back with her to the Girls Scouts office! ugh...the lady at the store said it was used for this but it sure feels stiff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2010 02:51:42 PM »

There's a lot of types of rip-stop, Always. Some of the stuff I have is soft and slippery, like parachute material. It's also available in so many different finishes. I've actually seen some that was real thick and hard.
  Are your lunch bags supposed to have a handle? Roll over top with velcro? Both? Do you want me to make you some? How thick do you want them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will the Arab Spring Affect Films?
Bree Williamson on the Changing of the Film Industry
Behind the Scenes of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Watch, Pass or Rent Movie Review: The Ides of March
50/50 Film Mixes Comedy With Cancer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...