A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 149089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 22, 2010 08:44:19 AM »

I went to Joann's this weekend. It was awesome. But I only got 1 thing of yarn for my stash. And that motivated me to sit down with my knitting DVDs and practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
gaudiknight
« Reply #571 on: February 22, 2010 09:44:53 AM »

grad school and life are eating up my crafting time, but I finally finished something for February: a pair of mitts

THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiebread
« Reply #572 on: February 22, 2010 06:14:01 PM »

Oooo, that yarn looks familiar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #573 on: February 22, 2010 07:09:08 PM »

I need to learn how to do cables...I should have put that on my 50 projects list...oh wait, I can still do it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2010 11:04:00 PM »

Cute kid hats! And that black one is gorgeous! Have to see if the library will order in that book for me...

Ok, I am stash busting still. I've got several baby gift parcels on the go and two swaps but I gotta say, when you're crafting tiny little items like shadow boxes, necklaces, sock creatures, miniatures and taggy blankets it's not much of a stash bust volume-wise, is it? I mean, after days and days of busting my butt it's still as crowded as ever in here. Sheesh. I've gotta start doing some BIG crafts.

ha ha ha --yeah--somehow the piles do not seem to be going down...I guess I was expecting to free up an entire room or closet...

I keep adding to my paper stash...I mean, inchies take, what, one piece of paper?  gaaaaaaahhh

I've been stash busting for 2 years (buying only what I need to finish projects). This will be the 3rd year.  Despite all the things I have made there is no perceptible difference in my fabric stash.  I suppose it doesn't help that most of the things I make are generally small.

Even though I made a whole heap of cards and things, they have hardly used anything of my paper stash. The only perceptible change in my paper/stamping/scrapbooking stash is because I have been selling things in my mini yard sale.     Speaking of which I need to start going through my paper/stamping/scrapbooking  and pull out some more things that I am willing to part with for some cash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #575 on: February 23, 2010 06:03:41 AM »

*sigh* 3 years of destashing? Maybe I will do the big indoor yard sale coming up in our township...I am not at all motivated to make things out of some of my fabric stash--I really don't remember why I have some of the fabrics I do...

Good luck qazicat!  You seem to be doing well with your sale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #576 on: February 23, 2010 07:25:36 AM »

Holy cow...three years is a loooong time. But I always think that it is better to hold onto really cool fabrics for a few years while they wait for the perfect project then settle on something you are less then excited about. There are a few scraps I had been holding onto and just used last week. Boy, am I glad I waited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #577 on: February 23, 2010 09:02:14 AM »

yes--I have fabrics now that I am glad I saved...but I also have fabrics that I purchased when I worked in the corporate world (wools and silks) that will never become clothing as I no longer wear that type of stuff...but maybe I can rethink what they can be made into...I should post some in the clothing thread to get ideas of what to do with it!! yes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #578 on: February 23, 2010 10:05:33 AM »

Do it! Ill bet wools and silks could make some really pretty housewares. Wall hangings, produce baskets, holiday ornaments.oh, you could have some fun. 

I posted earlier and forgot I have finished stuff to post.

A looooong time ago, I got some really cute pre-cut squares of baby-themed flannel. I assembled them into 2 blanket tops and stashed them away. Well, now I know one person having a girl, and another having a boy. What luck, right? Well, I dug into my stash and pulled out the blanket tops and leftover polar fleece from the Christmas Stocking swap. Just so the backs wouldnt be too boring, I added quick fleece appliques to the back. And here they are, ready to go!
Front of blankets:

Back:

I also (finally) made something for myself. I have been sitting on some very small scraps of fabric and made myself a wrist pincushion. My favorite part is the ribbon. I got it ages ago and wanted to make something with it where you can still read it. And props to my hubby for selecting the button on top.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #579 on: February 23, 2010 10:30:37 AM »

What a good idea to make the backs more interesting! Dresses up any plain fabric... (taking notes...)...

and your pincushion is very meaningful to you--nice work (what a gorgeous button--looks like a big fat pink pearl--how luxurious!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Steamed Rice Parcels with Chinese Mushrooms
How to Make Chinese Pork Ribs
How to Make Leftover-Turkey Spring Rolls
How to Buy a Chinese Steamer
How to Make a Chilli and Salt Squid With Cucumber Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...