A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,462
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 140217 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2010 08:13:35 PM »

I like to think that buying isn't necessarily a bad thing when working on the destash - as long as you're actually working on destashing as well!

I hope you're right, cuz....well.... COUPONS ARE EVIL!....when you are trying to de-stash...

Went to JoAnns, ONLY because I had a 50% off coupon, and expressly to get rotary blades that I NEED to have in order TO de-stash.... They were already 50% off!.... So there I was, in the shop, with a 50% off coupon burning in my hand.....
                                     ..................... you can guess the rest.............

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 31, 2010 08:14:22 PM »

I've been interested in learning how to make some stuff for my little one - she just turned 1 in December- and she has soooo much hair and has since she was born. Any chance you have pictures or any tips, tricks to tell me so that I have an easier time trying to make some stuff? I'm still kind of new at this whole "crafting" thing and just got myself a sewing machine this year but up until last year I only really scrapbooked. I can use any help/advice you can give and it's all greatly appreciated!
heres one easy type of hair accesrory http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334300.0, you can also check out the trinkets and jewelry board where more projects are posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
Taramor
« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2010 01:19:46 AM »

LaughingLark - don't worry, I think everybody who has been knitting in the round has tried that. I certainly have. It easily happens at the beginning of a work.
What happend is: you had made some rows, then left your work for some reason, and when you picked it up again, the work turned around the needle, so the inside turned out.
In fact, I think it was a lucky failure, it makes a nice trim on your hat - which I like, by the way, it looks bright and warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2010 08:47:42 AM »

LaughingLark - don't worry, I think everybody who has been knitting in the round has tried that. I certainly have. It easily happens at the beginning of a work.
What happend is: you had made some rows, then left your work for some reason, and when you picked it up again, the work turned around the needle, so the inside turned out.
In fact, I think it was a lucky failure, it makes a nice trim on your hat - which I like, by the way, it looks bright and warm.

Yeah, I know how that is! I've been working on knitting a bag for about 2 years now. Lol. Only my second knitting project, where knitting is by far NOT my primary craft. It's very "interesting" what with all the varieties of ridges from where I flopped it one way or the other by mistake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2010 02:28:03 PM »

I've never been to a Hobby-Lobby store before. The yarn selection! I could not believe the cottons and other naturals available. The M's down the street had so little of these in comparison. And some ofit was on sale. Luckily, I had no money to spend, except a $1.50 zipper I needed to repair someone's skirt! I think If I could have, I'd really have gone overboard. At least now I know what's there... So I can think ahead a little!
Glad to say... I escaped!!!
  Also, proud to say... no spending money does have it's advantages.... I am being forced to focus on de-stashing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2010 01:00:06 AM »

Hey everyone
My stash has grown again! I came back from Mum's with some more material and some clothes to alter/reconstruct. Im plugging away at the counted cross stitch back log in an attempt to defeat the UFOs... but getting bored as I have 3 big projects to finish and its taking a long time to see results, plus Im stitching with metalic threads and they keep tangling and snapping and making me bad tempered.

I think Im going to take a break and make something new and fun from stash Smiley

I would not have been able to pass up on that pink skull fabric either. No way! Its lovely.

I had to laugh at your "pants" discussion by the way. It does mean a bit rubbish or maybe you would say lame? Its less harsh than saying something is crap. I could say that my de-stashing was a bit pants Wink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2010 04:59:39 AM »

ACHIEVABLE GOAL: Complete one de-stash item by the end of this week.

Has anyone else been seeing the discussion in the "One For Me, One for You Swap 2" new swap idea thread? It seems like a perfect idea for destashing - you make one thing you've been meaning to make for yourself, and one for your swap partner too! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332563.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsayeris
« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2010 08:06:01 AM »

This is a great idea, I REALLY want to clean out my craft supplies
THIS ROCKS   Logged
guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 02, 2010 09:46:02 AM »

Destash projects for '10
1. Lace bracelets
2. Project bags

All materials are repurposed form other things.

2. Fetching

They are a little big. I'll probably go down a needle size if I make another pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2010 09:56:04 AM »

I made fingerless gloves for myself and now my yarn stash is one ball smaller.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Rygart Arrow from Broken Blade
How to Draw Rapunzel from Tangled
How to Draw Kate from Alpha and Omega
How to Draw Super-Girl
How to Draw Boo-Boo Bear from the Yogi Bear Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...