A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 136455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2010 02:29:41 AM »

Oh, be kind to yourself! I think the real issue is... Are we buying something we NEED, or just going out compulsively spending, just to have it there? Because we just can't RESIST?Huh
So, I don't think you are bad. Now, if you bought several yards just because it was on sale, then we may have an issue

So...when I walked by the remnants bin at walmart (I swear, I was in the section because I needed interfacing!) and immediately took this home with me:

That's probably a bad thing right? (and I'm not confessing to my recent yarn purchases.)
I'm trying, I swear I'm trying. Apparently I have impulse control issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #391 on: January 31, 2010 04:17:54 AM »

I doubt that I could have stopped myself from buying that remnant either. Wink Do you have a plan for it? What I am trying to teach myself to do is make a note of what some crafting thing is intended for, and keep it with that thing. It just makes it a bit more likely that I will make the thing sooner. It does not really keep me from buying more supplies, but at least I can pretend I have some discipline..lol.

Alwaysinmyroom, I have no idea what I did to make the stitches switch around on the hat. I did set it down to answer the door, then I made dinner and a few other chores before getting back to it. I did think, "Now, what was I doing?". Then I apparently did something else.  Cheesy

I think I will really like knitting in the round once I get the hang of it. I knit continental, so I should be fast at it someday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: January 31, 2010 07:17:20 AM »

I do have a plan, laughinglark! I need a new wallet and after searching high and low for one I liked, I decided I'd have to make one for myself. I had planned on recycling a dress I have at home in my "reuse" bin but wasn't really happy with that plan. When I saw this, it screamed at me to be my new wallet.

Besides I can always make two, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #393 on: January 31, 2010 11:41:06 AM »

I like to think that buying isn't necessarily a bad thing when working on the destash - as long as you're actually working on destashing as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #394 on: January 31, 2010 02:50:45 PM »

I swear, I feel punished for purchasing the pink wool...under my bed I found yet another ball of approx 200g of the same lilac wool I'm crocheting a cardigan out of, meaning, I'd still have enough wool in theory to make another cardigan once I've finished this one! It's a never ending supply!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: January 31, 2010 04:37:29 PM »

Then make a matching shawl out of it!  Smiley
Lilac is one of my favorite colors.
If you don't want it..... Wink Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 04:38:50 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2010 05:58:54 PM »

Yay finally finished a bunch of hair accessories using some (I still have a lot left!) of my fabric stash, the question is, what do I do with so many hair clips, headbands, etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2010 06:10:57 PM »

Yay finally finished a bunch of hair accessories using some (I still have a lot left!) of my fabric stash, the question is, what do I do with so many hair clips, headbands, etc.?

I have tons of hair accessory stuff that I can make too. I used to make them for my nieces, but my SIL wanted to learn how so I showed her and she now makes about 50 hair pieces a week for all the girls. I don't know any other girls to make for so the half completed hair stuff is just sitting around now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #398 on: January 31, 2010 06:14:23 PM »

hmmm--my brown yarn seems to be multiplying as well... Cheesy

I did manage to use up half a bag of polyster stuffing to make a pillow..and one ball of brown yarn...this is going to be a slow process, I can tell!

I used up my stash of felt balls but felt such anxiety that I purchased more online...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrapNCraftyMomma
« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2010 06:16:24 PM »

I've been interested in learning how to make some stuff for my little one - she just turned 1 in December- and she has soooo much hair and has since she was born. Any chance you have pictures or any tips, tricks to tell me so that I have an easier time trying to make some stuff? I'm still kind of new at this whole "crafting" thing and just got myself a sewing machine this year but up until last year I only really scrapbooked. I can use any help/advice you can give and it's all greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Redeye in Photoshop
How to Use IPhoto
How to Design Anime Bodies
How to Illustrate Anime Mouths
How to Design Anime Animals
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...