A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 175103 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2010 04:15:57 PM »

Yay destashing!  I'm totally in!

I made this scarf for my aunt for Christmas.  The pattern is from Interweave Crochet's fall 2009 issue.  She was quite pleased with it.
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2010 04:31:59 PM »

I have also made the glitter ornaments using diluted ink and clear/white glitter.  I have some more of them to make up, and I will post some photos when I do.

I have been crocheting a bag today using t-shirt yarn.  I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend to be able to post it.

Great projects so far!
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2010 06:26:10 PM »

My first completed project of the new year was a Tote Bag Rescue using entirely stashed materials.
You see, I have this non-desrcript tote that is perfect for lugging my needs around two jobs --[...]
Not the snazziest of De-stash Projects, but ridiculously satisfying!   Wink

i actually really like the tote that you rescued... it's a great color and super-useful shape!  it would have been a pity to lose it.

PS: i think i should probably join this c-a-l

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2010 06:57:51 PM »

wow--lots of destashing going on!

love the black crochet scarf!!  Looks so elegant!

Saw the ladybug beret earlier and loved it!  Plus the beadwork was gorgeous!

cute apron from a bedsheet!  the little flowers on the hem really add to it

I have never used glue on my fabric flowers...I just sew them all together to form a ring...might have to try a few your way pizzacravings!

I am working on using up 7 balls of yarn...each a different project..hope to post in a few days here as they are not part of my 50 projects list... Cheesy

« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2010 07:23:47 PM »

You guys are on fire!
My stash (mostly sewing stuff- fabrics and notions) will take several years to finish but I'm going to take a whack at it this year. I haven't made anything so far this year. I have not been well since the year began. I look forward to seeing what we all will be churning out from our stashes!

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2010 12:41:28 PM »

I've been sort of quietly following this thread as I work on some projects from my stash.  I've cast on a scarf for my mom from stash (it'll be a christmas present for this coming year) and I'm about 70% of the way finished:

.. and I managed to finally give myself a present!  I cast this on right after the holidays and JUST finished (like within the hour).  I need to block it still, but I love it:

I very rarely make anything for me and I've had this sock yarn for awhile and it was a shame to just leave it sitting in my stash.  Now, it's got a new life!

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2010 01:18:52 PM »

I will definitely be trying the glitter in the ornaments, I never thought about putting stuff in them and I always buy them on clearance so I have tons, lol.

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2010 01:32:07 PM »

I very rarely make anything for me and I've had this sock yarn for awhile and it was a shame to just leave it sitting in my stash.  Now, it's got a new life!

I'm with you, I rarely make stuff for myself either. But I think I am going to have to move myself up on the priority list. I really love that second scarf. It looks perfect for those kindof chilly days.

I have to admit, I haven't done one tiny bit of destashing yet. I think I am getting in my own way. When I get free time, I am cleaning instead of crafting. I don't want to live in a pigsty, but I also need to realize other people in the house know how to clean. So today, my mission is pick a project and at least get a start on it. Wish me luck!

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2010 02:30:34 PM »

Inspired by everyone elses destashing (although all the wool projects are distracting me from my task by making me want to buy wool!); I've finally (almost) completed my first destashing project.  An imperfect but practical needle roll.  The fabric was stashed and I only rediscovered it this morning.  So its a victory in that I've used some of it up and completed one of my planned projects, but a failure in that I discovered loads more fabric that needs using.  I still need to affix the ribbon to it so I can keep it closed.

Looking forward to seeing more of (and being inspired by) your stash busting.

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2010 05:13:59 PM »

I'm officially joining the conversation, and even keeping the new posts on my Favourites tab. Cheesy

To start with, where I'm at:
- currently burned out by swapping, but not crafting - or Craftster (note to any STS'ers - I'm finishing the month!)
- recently organized the craft space by mandatory decree of our "house stagers" for our house being listed - killed me, but it's freeing
- have a big list of plans that never get done - maybe now with less other craft supplies/distractions?

How I fared with organization:
FREECYCLED/OTHERWISE GIVEN AWAY - 2 garbage bags full, plus a flower press
IN STORAGE - 2 garbage bags full, plus one box
INTO THE TRASH - 1.5 garbage bags; basically all actually trash that I was planning to repurpose. . . for years
- 1 large suitcase with: a big bag of crafter's acrylics; paper, ephemera, and scrapbooking supplies; cotton batting; glues; and a few assorted essential odds & ends
- 1 long plastic underbed container with: my favourite patterned fabric, one solid fabric chosen from each colour group, felt, sewing notions, embroidery items, and planned projects
- my jewellery/beading tackle boxes
- my candle making tin (I wanted to stick it in storage, but sister insisted)

My Plans: Crafts I Want to Do Or Have Been Meaning to Get Done
- Purses from clothes: 80s Pleated Clutch; African Tote; Little Mermaid Shopping Bag; Cowboy Buckle Bag; Houndstooth Hobo; Nirvana Bag (Mini Tote?)
- Vintage purses with stencil prints: Yellow Purse; Grey Bag (figure out prints)
- Repair my own Clothing their ranks are adding up
- University Scrapbook Pages
- Travel Scrapbook Pages
- Jewellery For Me: Sewing Machine Pendant Necklace....

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pat Mitchell: Everyone Needs a Rabbi
Pat Mitchell: One Woman Per Station
Pat Mitchell: The Elitist Conversation
Pat Mitchell: Falling Forward
Pat Mitchell: Television Pioneer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...