A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 140160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katiebread
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2010 04:15:57 PM »

Yay destashing!  I'm totally in!

I made this scarf for my aunt for Christmas.  The pattern is from Interweave Crochet's fall 2009 issue.  She was quite pleased with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlh878
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2010 04:31:59 PM »

I have also made the glitter ornaments using diluted ink and clear/white glitter.  I have some more of them to make up, and I will post some photos when I do.

I have been crocheting a bag today using t-shirt yarn.  I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend to be able to post it.

Great projects so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2010 06:26:10 PM »

My first completed project of the new year was a Tote Bag Rescue using entirely stashed materials.
You see, I have this non-desrcript tote that is perfect for lugging my needs around two jobs --[...]
Not the snazziest of De-stash Projects, but ridiculously satisfying!   Wink

i actually really like the tote that you rescued... it's a great color and super-useful shape!  it would have been a pity to lose it.

PS: i think i should probably join this c-a-l
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2010 06:57:51 PM »

wow--lots of destashing going on!

love the black crochet scarf!!  Looks so elegant!

Saw the ladybug beret earlier and loved it!  Plus the beadwork was gorgeous!

cute apron from a bedsheet!  the little flowers on the hem really add to it

I have never used glue on my fabric flowers...I just sew them all together to form a ring...might have to try a few your way pizzacravings!

I am working on using up 7 balls of yarn...each a different project..hope to post in a few days here as they are not part of my 50 projects list... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
raslalique
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2010 07:23:47 PM »

You guys are on fire!
My stash (mostly sewing stuff- fabrics and notions) will take several years to finish but I'm going to take a whack at it this year. I haven't made anything so far this year. I have not been well since the year began. I look forward to seeing what we all will be churning out from our stashes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2010 12:41:28 PM »

I've been sort of quietly following this thread as I work on some projects from my stash.  I've cast on a scarf for my mom from stash (it'll be a christmas present for this coming year) and I'm about 70% of the way finished:

.. and I managed to finally give myself a present!  I cast this on right after the holidays and JUST finished (like within the hour).  I need to block it still, but I love it:

I very rarely make anything for me and I've had this sock yarn for awhile and it was a shame to just leave it sitting in my stash.  Now, it's got a new life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2010 01:18:52 PM »

I will definitely be trying the glitter in the ornaments, I never thought about putting stuff in them and I always buy them on clearance so I have tons, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2010 01:32:07 PM »

I very rarely make anything for me and I've had this sock yarn for awhile and it was a shame to just leave it sitting in my stash.  Now, it's got a new life!

I'm with you, I rarely make stuff for myself either. But I think I am going to have to move myself up on the priority list. I really love that second scarf. It looks perfect for those kindof chilly days.

I have to admit, I haven't done one tiny bit of destashing yet. I think I am getting in my own way. When I get free time, I am cleaning instead of crafting. I don't want to live in a pigsty, but I also need to realize other people in the house know how to clean. So today, my mission is pick a project and at least get a start on it. Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2010 02:30:34 PM »

Inspired by everyone elses destashing (although all the wool projects are distracting me from my task by making me want to buy wool!); I've finally (almost) completed my first destashing project.  An imperfect but practical needle roll.  The fabric was stashed and I only rediscovered it this morning.  So its a victory in that I've used some of it up and completed one of my planned projects, but a failure in that I discovered loads more fabric that needs using.  I still need to affix the ribbon to it so I can keep it closed.

Looking forward to seeing more of (and being inspired by) your stash busting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2010 05:13:59 PM »

I'm officially joining the conversation, and even keeping the new posts on my Favourites tab. Cheesy

To start with, where I'm at:
- currently burned out by swapping, but not crafting - or Craftster (note to any STS'ers - I'm finishing the month!)
- recently organized the craft space by mandatory decree of our "house stagers" for our house being listed - killed me, but it's freeing
- have a big list of plans that never get done - maybe now with less other craft supplies/distractions?

How I fared with organization:
FREECYCLED/OTHERWISE GIVEN AWAY - 2 garbage bags full, plus a flower press
IN STORAGE - 2 garbage bags full, plus one box
INTO THE TRASH - 1.5 garbage bags; basically all actually trash that I was planning to repurpose. . . for years
STILL HAVE:
- 1 large suitcase with: a big bag of crafter's acrylics; paper, ephemera, and scrapbooking supplies; cotton batting; glues; and a few assorted essential odds & ends
- 1 long plastic underbed container with: my favourite patterned fabric, one solid fabric chosen from each colour group, felt, sewing notions, embroidery items, and planned projects
- my jewellery/beading tackle boxes
- my candle making tin (I wanted to stick it in storage, but sister insisted)

My Plans: Crafts I Want to Do Or Have Been Meaning to Get Done
- Purses from clothes: 80s Pleated Clutch; African Tote; Little Mermaid Shopping Bag; Cowboy Buckle Bag; Houndstooth Hobo; Nirvana Bag (Mini Tote?)
- Vintage purses with stencil prints: Yellow Purse; Grey Bag (figure out prints)
- Repair my own Clothing their ranks are adding up
- University Scrapbook Pages
- Travel Scrapbook Pages
- Jewellery For Me: Sewing Machine Pendant Necklace....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nutrition Tips During Pregnancy
Make Your Own Energy Bars
Health Benefits of Soy
Soy Health Benefits: Breast Cancer Prevention
Healthy Soy Dip Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...