A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 137408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momcuellar
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2010 07:47:17 PM »

pizzacravings, thanks for the tut.  I wasnt putting glue on the fold and couldn't figure out why my petals popped open!!  Also, I used clear tacky glue.  What glue do you use? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
Rinoa1024
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2010 10:52:41 PM »

Finally finished knitting a pair of stashbuster shorts.  These are knit with balls of Elann Esprit (that have been sitting in my stash for about 5 years  Lips sealed).  I followed Marnie MacLean's Assets of Evo pattern.

I still have most of a ball left over that I have no idea how to use up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2010 06:37:30 AM »

momcuellar- The traditional methods is only fold and no glue, but glue makes it much easier! I used Quick Dry Tacky Glue for the petals and my hot glue gun to attach them to the felt.

Rinoa- Those are so cute! You can make a matching hat or beanie with the rest of the yarn!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
MiLady
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2010 09:48:22 AM »

Hooorah!!! I can post my destashes for January. My swap partner has received.

1st...a mug cozie - Items destashed: padding, felt, embroidery thread, charms, ribbon

2nd....a wrist pin cushion - Items destashed: felt, flower embellishment, scrap wool, googly eyes, embroidery thread (tutorial by Roman Sock here: http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/2008/04/frog-pincushi-1.html )

3rd...a half apron - Items destashed: interfacing, bedsheet, flower embellishments

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2010 10:28:33 AM »

qazicat- such cute ornaments! I love the dragonflies! How much glitter did it take to fill the glitter balls?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2010 10:46:52 AM »

quazikat - the glitter decorations are lovely and I may have to steal your dragonfly idea in some format for my mum's tree! I was also wondering how much glitter it would take to fill a bauble! (a lot?)

Milady - I love the mug cozy (also pin cushion and apron) it looks like a lot of the very expensive Jan Constantine stuff I see and lust over and cant afford!

Rinoa - those shorts are fabulous!

Pizzacravings - love the headband... I never heard of that form of paper flower making though - interesting!

My mum is joining us "in spirit" with the de-stash as  she is currently offline - we are trading some craft stuff though. Does it count as not adding to your stash if you trade with another de-stasher! I hope so! I do kind of need to items to complete some other projects.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2010 11:59:24 AM »

(Does anyone else think that Craftsters & our stashes keep Rubbermaid and Sterlite in business?? Wonder if Leah could get some ad money out of them....and maybe some FOC coupons....)

ANYWAY:  I'm in!!   Grin

I actually started my de-stashing for Christmas, when I told the clan's offspring to tell me things they would like that could be made entirely out of my basement!  SOme results can be seen at:
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334404.msg3865096#msg3865096

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334403.msg3865086#msg3865086

My first completed project of the new year was a Tote Bag Rescue using entirely stashed materials.
You see, I have this non-desrcript tote that is perfect for lugging my needs around two jobs --

But then I washed it, and the bottom came out, and the bonded lining came out, making this gross and useless thing ---

So, having sewn up the bottom and coated the edges liberally with fray block, I used a bit of bed sheet (I have a habit of picking them up at consignment stores to use as fabric/muslin/etc), left-over heavy interfacing, and snaps, to cobble up this:

Not the snazziest of De-stash Projects, but ridiculously satisfying!   Wink
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010 12:02:57 PM by PimpernelSmith - Reason: B/c I hate it when I change tenses within a paragraph.... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2010 01:12:49 PM »

quazikat - the glitter decorations are lovely and I may have to steal your dragonfly idea in some format for my mum's tree! I was also wondering how much glitter it would take to fill a bauble! (a lot?)

Not as much as you think, maybe a couple of teaspoons. Because the glitter is in fact 'glued' to the inside of the bauble.

I used clear glaze medium watered down slightly. 1 part water to 2 parts clear glaze medium. Swirled the medium around the inside of the bauble then drain the excess. Then put some glitter inside and shake it so that it coats the inside.  Keep adding glitter until you get the coverage you desire.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2010 01:38:27 PM »

AHH! the cuteness on here is just exploding today!
what a neat cup cozy~!
and i am just in love with the froggie wrist pin cushion! that is just darling  Smiley

the beading is amazing...i have a lot of patience, but dont think i have enough to learn the loom beading.

THe shorts are sooo cute and comfy looking! I need to learn how to make some of those!

Today i made a project from mostly stash. only the ribbon used on it was new. i need to take some pics to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Under the Sea Swap
Whimsical Shrine Swap
Poppet vs Amigurumi
imafundork
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2010 03:17:22 PM »

So many great projects posted in the last couple of days!  I especially love the flower headbands by pizzacravings and the knit shorts by Rinoa1024.

I definitely have helped keep both Rubbermaid and Sterlite in business, PimpernelSmith!   Roll Eyes

And qazicat the glitter and glue ornaments are simply genius!

Onegroovyday and I destashed some more this morning to finish up the baby gifts (well mostly Mindy destashing my stash again!  Wink ) for the baby shower I went to this afternoon.  I have pictures that I'll post in the next few days.  The new mom loved the gifts.  She was really looking forward to the homemade items at the shower! Yay for homemade!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand DPI
How to Shoot a Two Year Old Child
How to Shoot a Photography Session
How to Shoot Grads on Location
How to Take Underwater Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...