A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 139069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« on: December 31, 2009 02:59:35 PM »

Welcome to the second annual DeStash-Along!

Are you trying to be a frugal crafter this year?  Are your friends/significant others/goldfish becoming alarmed by the vast crafting resources you have amassed?  Is your collection of UFOs extensive enough to deserve a place in a museum?  Do you simply enjoy the challenge of making things out of the materials on hand?  If so, this is the thread for you.

In the spirit of last years' thread (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282392.0) we will be posting pictures of projects made predominantly from stashed materials, and encouraging others in their quest to rediscover and utilize their stash!

Themes
Suggestions to help stir up the creative juices for de-stashing throughout the year.  Don't consider yourself bound to these, but if they inspire de-stashing, all to the good.

January: white, winter, plaid, owls/birds, for yourself
February: red, polka dots, hearts, "adult" things, for the kitchen
March: green, pin stripes, shopping bags, inspired by a game, for your SO/other loved one,
April: pink, paisley, rain, recycled/repurposed items, for the bedroom
May: purple, argyle, toys/playthings, subversive crafts, for your parents
June: blue, ATCs, craft-themed, pin-up girls, for your kids
July: yellow, animal prints, vacation, patriotic, for the bathroom
August: metallics, lacy, sea life, crafts from a different time, for the exterior of your house
September: black, back to school, more arty less crafty, wearables, for your pets
October: orange, sparkly, skulls/skeletons, inspired by music, for a costume
November: brown, natural prints, craft you've never tried before, trees/leaves, for a holiday gift
December: holiday colours, animals, inspired by a book or movie, snowflakes, for charity/acts of Craftivism
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 08:23:47 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009 03:03:09 PM »

I'm definitely in!!! I've already made a little basket of scraps that are organized by use!

The larger bag is for cotton scraps that I'll be using for ballband dishcloths and mitered towels as holiday gifts for 2010.  The bag in front is full of wool scraps that I'll be using for ornaments for holiday gifts, too.  There's a tiiiinnniiieer bag (you can't really see it in the photo) that has SMALLER wool scraps that'll be recycled into wool dryer balls.

There are some things that I already know I need but I'm going to try to trade things I've already got for the things that I need so that the net effect is not increasing my stash! I certainly have enough of almost everything that I don't need to buy more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009 03:45:23 PM »

I am so in again this year. Hopefully I will be better about using my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009 04:03:03 PM »

Im in too! I will have to do some serious stash busting this year and not a whole lot of buying...but i am looking forward to it as i am making quilts for 2010 christmas gifts  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Under the Sea Swap
Whimsical Shrine Swap
Poppet vs Amigurumi
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009 04:18:33 PM »

Heck yes! I'm doing tons of stashbusting, and only shopping my stash so HOPEFULLY I can get some nicer materials in 2011.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 04:18:50 PM by OnePinkHippo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009 04:53:22 PM »

so0o0o0o0o0o doing this~  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
APlusAmigurumi
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009 05:09:41 PM »

Crafting from my stash is definitely something I'm trying to do this year, so I'm in!

Sooo, do we post pics of what we make with our stash? Or is this a place for talking/ideas? I'm pretty new to craftster! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009 05:33:13 PM »

Sooo, do we post pics of what we make with our stash? Or is this a place for talking/ideas? I'm pretty new to craftster! haha.

Both!  In 2009 we posted pics of the stash, things we'd made, links to patterns/tutes, lists of projects we had planned, confessions of supply buying binges, whatever.  It was a pretty multipurpose thread.

Welcome aboard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009 06:13:19 PM »

Are we going to have themes like last year, or just whatever gets done gets done?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009 06:48:50 PM »

If people feel themes would be helpful, I'm all for them.  They didn't seem to last too long in last years DeStash-Along, but that isn't to say they wouldn't work this year.  I'm more of a "whatever gets the job done" kind of gal, myself, but they might be fun.

Thoughts, folks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Untangle Matted Hair
How to Do School Girl Hairstyles
How to Use Almond Oil for Healthy Hair
How to Do a Curly Half Updo
How to Use Hair Dryer Attachments
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...