A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 149074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

papertabby

Passionate about paper and dye.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 15, 2010 09:33:43 PM »

I feel your pain - except with me it is paper.  I just can't resist a new pattern or texture.

Glad you like my crow.  The face is polymer clay - I made several faces by just playing with lumps of clay until a face appeared.  Jack was the first one to come together, but some of the others have been talking to me and I'm sure he'll soon have companions.  I'll definitely be joining a dotee swap as soon as I've been on a month.  I have such an odd selection of craft stuff that dotees seem like a perfect way to destash a good part of it.  I'm making something for the tiny challenge too, but that won't use up much LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a square peg - I'm polyhedral!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #521 on: February 15, 2010 09:37:57 PM »

uhm, I also bought paper...about 600 sheets Smiley

I was looking to buy clay to make some faces but did not have time over my lunch hour! ha ha

Love the face! I made a little beaded dotee for the Love a Mod swap (private)...I will post it soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: February 15, 2010 11:43:44 PM »

My goodness Always!  600 SHEETS!  What'scha gonna do with all that? Did you pick them out one by one? Just giving you a hard time! I'd do it too if I could!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2010 01:18:47 AM »

I have spent almost 100 on craft supplies this year (which is less than two months), but they were for school projects and I have used what I bought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2010 05:34:07 AM »

Um, AlwaysInspired? Girl, 600 sheets of paper? Dude, and I was giving myself a hard time over the thrift store romp with my mama this weekend.
I wanted to make a specific necklace out of stuff I already have but needed a couple of things. Living where I live with no access to craft stores I gotta take what I can get so I ended up sifting through the thrift store bits and bobs and in the end... I now have at least twice as much stuff as I did before I got started! The necklace turned out great but still, my destash this week is an epic fail. Sigh. I'm swimming in craft supplies but every time I go to make something I find I need a little something and when I go to get it, well, you know exactly what happens. At least it's mostly second hand or I'd be breaking the bank while I clutter up my house with more junk. Darn it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2010 06:21:35 AM »

My goodness Always!  600 SHEETS!  What'scha gonna do with all that? Did you pick them out one by one? Just giving you a hard time! I'd do it too if I could!

They were selling those big old books that had about 300 sheets in them for $10!! Looks like I will be making lots of paper items this year!!  I am working on several journals and wreaths...I think I just look at supplies as my kids! ha ha  I need them around me to feel secure and happy...geez... plus, I know a couple of good friends that I can always send the extras to Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2010 06:37:41 AM »

OK, I think Im having the same problem as a lot of you. As I have been doing more craft stuff this year, people have been giving me more craft stuff! I have yet to learn the art of saying "No thank you"  but I just cant turn down the pretty things;)

I just need to get *more* industrious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2010 06:43:48 AM »

I have not purchased fabric, which is my number one weakness...I think that is a good start... Cheesy

At least I have plans for my yarn and paper...I feel I have really made headway in yarn since I organized and cateloged my yarn...I feel a lot more productive anyway!  Just about everything I have done is yarn, so I am switching to fabric in February...

However, hubby has finished his large painting and is now giving me all of his leftover paints...yeah...I think other people are to blame... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papertabby

Passionate about paper and dye.

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2010 07:35:00 AM »

Yeah....that's the ticket!  Grin

A large part of my problem seems to be unfinished projects.  I found some ornaments I stitched when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is now 12) and never backed or stuffed.  Those were in the same box as the partially painted plaster casts.  Then there's the makume-stitched snake T-shirt experiment that ground to a halt when I pulled a bit too hard and yanked out about 2 feet of stitching.  And the pole-wrapped shirts that have not been dyed yet....  Not to mention all the unfinished projects that have been partially cannibalized for other projects and the ones that I have no clue what they were going to be anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a square peg - I'm polyhedral!
raslalique
« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2010 08:38:47 AM »

Heini I love those red pouches!

I finally used up a piece of velvet I have had for about 3 years now. You guys can see my project at the link below Smiley
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3915289#msg3915289
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stalled at Comicon
Art of VIBE: Hebru Brantley Puts His Chicago South Side Roots Into His Art
Art of VIBE: Painter John Park Protects Originality Through Complex Process
Visually Impaired Artist Jeff Hanson Wants to Change the World
The Lab TV: Eric White
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...