A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 130926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rinoa1024
« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2010 06:47:48 PM »

Oooo I love those cushions alwaysinmyroom!  You've inspired me to knit some covers for the cushions downstairs after I'm done with this hat. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2010 10:34:40 PM »

Sold some more of my supplies at my stamping/scrapbooking mini yard sale - running total  $112.50.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2010 06:06:01 AM »

I made a quick painting last night, re-using a damaged canvas board by covering it with vintage printed paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
Ariethine
« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2010 06:10:15 AM »

that's cool maria. what kind of paint did you use? whatcha gonna do with it? and one more question, why do you put a bicycle on her face? I get that the wheels and spokes go to lead into your idea of kaleidoscope eyes. Is that the only reason?
It's very neat though. Does it depict anyone you know, or just a painting? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2010 06:35:03 AM »

Oooo I love those cushions alwaysinmyroom!  You've inspired me to knit some covers for the cushions downstairs after I'm done with this hat. Smiley

thanks!  It was a very satisfying and challenging project which I would not have done if I were not in a swap...I am not a really experienced knitter or crocheter but I am trying to move beyond scarves!!  I made the pillows by sewing my own cases and stuffing them with fiberfill--do you know how much pillow forms are now?!!??  It is ridiculous!

The big pillow has a zipper to take off the cover and the little pillow unbuttons...I figure people like to wash the covers every once in a while... Cheesy

I love the painting maria isabel!!  I love to cover canvases with old papers before I paint--gives lots of texture! I love humorous art that makes you see things in a different way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2010 09:51:57 AM »

that's cool maria. what kind of paint did you use? whatcha gonna do with it? and one more question, why do you put a bicycle on her face? I get that the wheels and spokes go to lead into your idea of kaleidoscope eyes. Is that the only reason?
It's very neat though. Does it depict anyone you know, or just a painting? 
Thank you! I used acrylics, the hair and shirt are a different textured paper (heavy corrugated watercolor paper)>
As to what I will do with it, I got no idea  Tongue Probably give it away  Cheesy I still have different girls roaming my mind and I have to let go of them on canvas
Why does she have a bicycle on her face? Well because those are her eyes, her lenses. But I must give a little back story: On December I was reading the book "Cronopios and Famas" by Julio Cortazar (the spanish vertion) and on that novel he write:" y que la novela sobre la mesa eche a andar otra vez la bicicleta de nuestros anteojos" In English it would be something like this " so that the novel lying on the table set in motion again the bicicle of our glasses"
And as for my blog name "Kaleidoscope eyes", does not have to do with Cortazar's words, It was simply my favorite line from my favorite childhood song. "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" by The Beatles. My dad is a huge fan and blasted their music on our house, somehow that son g was my favorite then. I wanted to be Lucy.
But now that you mention it I see a similarity between the bicycle eyes and the kaleidoscope eyes, they are both odd ways of looking at the world!
I really love how you made a connection!
 And lastly, she does not depict anyone I know, but my next one will Smiley     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papertabby

Passionate about paper and dye.

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 11, 2010 12:35:32 PM »

I like it a lot Maria.  It's an interesting contrast with the more Pop Art style of the one you use as your avatar.  I actually wondered more about what inspired the change in style than "why the bicycle?" (why not the bicycle?) although your answer to that was fascinating.  Isn't it funny how things like that stick with us?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a square peg - I'm polyhedral!
heini
« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2010 01:12:31 PM »

craftylittlemonkey: how cute!

Maria isabel: I admire your painting skills. Nice painting.

alwaysinmyroom: Great job with destashing. Those pillows are great.

I have made two maze books, but don't have pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2010 02:30:57 PM »

I like it a lot Maria.  It's an interesting contrast with the more Pop Art style of the one you use as your avatar.  I actually wondered more about what inspired the change in style than "why the bicycle?" (why not the bicycle?) although your answer to that was fascinating.  Isn't it funny how things like that stick with us?
Thank you! The one on my avatar is a sort of self-portrait, but is much older, way before I knew anything about shading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2010 03:15:45 PM »

I like how you gather your inspiration maria. I totally didn't even realize you didn't mean to relate kaleidoscope eyes to the bicycle. I just figured it comes out all psychedelic when you look through bicycle spokes. Smiley

Oh! Yes, and last time, I had to read through over 10 pages, so I forgot to post something. Tongue I really really really like that basketweave knit cover alwaysinmyroom. It really caught my eye. I don't recall exactly what the brown one looked like, I like both of them, but I thought the white change in stitch was like... ooooh! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a 50 mm Lens
How to Understand color Theory
How to Develop a Rapport with the Subject
How to Understand Different Camera Variations
How to Capture Creative Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...