A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 137085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: February 02, 2010 10:17:07 AM »

The wrist warmers are lovely!  I have loads of sock yarn and just found a pattern to make crochet wrist warmers that uses sock yarn---because I doubt if I will ever make socks...

taramor--thanks for the knit tips--I just learned that while knitting in the round, you do garter stich to make stockingnette--it is sort of backwards from what I learned so I am trying to adapt..this knitting and crochet round things is making me pull my hair out!

psyche--ha ha--I did a Mod Swap and I liked everything I made for my partner that I made one for me as well! I even used the same yarns and beads!! What a great idea!

oh, and be strong ladies--resist the temptation to buy more stuff--congrats to those who fought the urge and won!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010 10:17:57 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: February 02, 2010 02:56:52 PM »

Ohh.. I just sent out a swap box made almost entirely from my stash ... I can't wait until it arrives so I can share photos Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2010 03:06:56 PM »

I really love those wrist warmers... both of them! Perhaps I'll give it a try soon... after a few other projects!
  I honestly can't say I resisted temptation... I just  didn't have any spending money. Now, it may have been a disaster going into the H.L. with money yesterday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2010 03:11:13 PM »

*smacking self upside the head for missing something so obvious*

I'm an idiot!  Want a great, low-stress, ultra fun way of using up stash?  The TOY SOCIETY!
It's so cool -- started in Australia; you make funky, child-safe (! important!) toys and drop them in public spaces to be adopted.  Check it out:

http://www.thetoysociety.blogspot.com/
 Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
MiLady
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2010 03:19:33 PM »

Funniest thing happened today, the wool I'm currently using for m cardigan (the lilac) was all given to me by my nan. I went to see her today and she asked if I'd been doing any crochet lately (she taught me) and I said yeah, I'm using the lilac wool she got me to make a cardigan then she says..."I was really annoyed, I went to my club today and someone had brought in more of that lilac wool for you and a member of the club gave it to someone else. It would have been perfect for you because you already have about 6 balls!" I said "It's OK nan, it doesn't matter" then I get told...
"It's alright, there's some more coming for you"
 Cheesy Looks like my lilac nightmares are going to be never ending hahahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: February 02, 2010 03:23:49 PM »

Thanks, P.S. ! I checked it out... This is a great idea, I just signed up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2010 03:31:36 PM »

I used some brown yarn from my stash for a swap and used up several bits to make this bag for a fire themed swap.

Unfortunately, there is a minimum $30. value. I had found an item that was perfect for $15. and wanted to buy some nice yarn for the swap and maybe make something. I went to my lys today and spent $80. in yarn. I am making wristwarmers and including a skein of yarn. That will leave me with two skeins of Manos. I will make something for my daughter though. her birthday is tomorrow.

a little backpeddling, but I have a few stashbusting projects planned. I just need to find time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2010 04:15:06 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I haven't given up on the hat yet. Might pick it up this evening for a bit. My son has been asking me to make a little blanket for his zebra. We had a very cold snap in January, and he saw a horse with a colorful blanket when we drove past a farm. He thought that was pretty cool. Zebra is his favorite toy animal right now, and I offered to knit him a small blanket for zebra to wear this winter. I finally got to it this evening. Now the rest of his animals need a blanket, too. I now have a purpose for those tiny balls of acrylic in my stash! This one is just garter stitch, but I can turn the rest of the blankets into practice pieces, maybe... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: February 02, 2010 05:57:08 PM »

Love the Fire bag... ysmeine... I don't think you need to worry about value here!
LaughingLark... Cute little blanket! Also love the colors, and the photography!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2010 02:00:30 AM »

I just went way over board then kept half for myself. Now I am second guessing the project I made today. Which means I may have spent $80. mostly for myself. I still have the value of the package with the gifted yarn, but I don't feel like it is enough. Plus now I need more yarn to finish the shawl I started for my daughter. Swaps always make me spend more money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Prada Spring 2014
Get the Look from Anna Sui Spring 2014
Get the Look from Versace Spring 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2014
Get the Look from Chanel Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...