A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 148875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2010 on: December 21, 2010 08:26:05 AM »

You certainly live up to your username!

I can't believe that you made those with things you cut up!  They look practical and pretty!

Love the black and white ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #2011 on: December 21, 2010 02:17:30 PM »

I like the cowboy ones, but they will all make great gifts. I remember making some one year. My first pair of matching childrens mitts were too small so they became magnets to hold recipes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #2012 on: December 26, 2010 09:45:30 PM »

Just so you know, the 2011 DeStash-along thread has been posted.  Let me know if you can think of anyway to make next year even more epic than this year on the DeStashing front, either here or there.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368127.0

5 DeStashing days left until 2011!  I hope people still have some projects to post now that the holidays are over.  (I know I do)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: December 27, 2010 07:26:48 AM »

I don't really want to move to a new thread, can't we just change the title of this one and stay here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: December 27, 2010 11:11:21 AM »

I don't really want to move to a new thread, can't we just change the title of this one and stay here?
 I think instead of  "De-Stash", we should say "Stash Utilizing  Craft-Along"
The term DESTASH has seemed to be guilt provoking, and I felt people had felt the need to purge thier stashes, as well as guilt over purchases! I do not believe that was the original intent!  Wink
  The intent, in my view, was to encourage the USE of our stashes, and use what we have instead of impulsively buying.  Smiley
  A planned purchase is far different than an impulse.
  An impulse is this:
"Oh, the yarn is on sale, and it's so pretty.... I can't just have one, nor can I decide what I want to make, I think I'll buy everything I see, and as much as I have money for"!  Embarrassed
  A Planned purchase is this:
"Oh, the yarn is on sale, and my girlfriend requested that I make her leg warmers. So, I'm going to look for Purple Wool Yarn, and the needles, and make them for her. And maybe a hat to go with it."
  Then, I go to the store, and don't buy more than I need, until that project is done! Still not stash, but exercising some self control; thus avoiding excess STASH! ( And wasted money)   Smiley 
  A stash Utilizing post could read like this:
"I'm making an afghan out of all my red-heart yarn. I have 10 skeins of it.
The colors don't all go together, so I think I may need to get a few that match. Perhaps I will use  about 6 of the ones I have."
  See? NO GUILT!!!!   Grin
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010 11:20:04 AM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2015 on: December 27, 2010 11:47:03 AM »

groovy, i'm with it. can the title and date of this thread be amended? i personally like it all in one place instead of a new thread every year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
ysmeine
« Reply #2016 on: December 27, 2010 12:52:59 PM »

I destashed yarn, feather, beads, and polyclay this morning. I am working on a practice dotee doll and am not sure it is done. If he has a theme it would be,"some of my favorite things." His body is a knit cabled peice that tapers to an I-cord and knots with a dangle of brown beads. He has creamy mariboo hair, a clay face circled by more brown beads and painted brown eyes. I have some brown peacock feathers that might make good wings, but am not sure it needs it.

I look forward to destashing in the new year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #2017 on: December 28, 2010 12:42:11 PM »

My reasoning behind starting a new thread was to attract new people and so this thread doesn't get too unweildy (200+ pages is quite impressive, but hard to slog through).  I hope that doesn't throw you off too much, though. 

There's already plenty of chatter going on on the new thread already, so I hope you'll join us there when the new year comes.  We can keep posting our 2010 stashbusting projects here in the mean-time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2018 on: December 28, 2010 01:37:01 PM »

It will also make it easier to archive the CAL when the time comes... Cheesy

A fresh start is a good thing as well...I know I feel like I am starting from the beginning!

I do like the idea of keeping the thread on a positive note and not a "guilt" mold...my goal is not to beat myself up for having too much stuff, but to be more conscientious of what I already have and try to find creative ways to use up what I might have purchased on impulse or on sale...and to be more frugal...and not to have stuff left over to leave to my heirs! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2019 on: December 28, 2010 04:32:15 PM »

I like starting new each year, too.  I did like reading this thread when I first found it.  It would be hard to keep track of after awhile.  And I like that we don't get 'in trouble' if we go out and buy stuff, though I do need to have a purpose in my purchase!  Very good idea!.

I posted in the new thread(00ps) that I have completed a from-stash pillow...made from a t-shirt.  I've had it for at least a year to be made.  Whew!  You'd thought it was like giving blood!!  Cheesy 
Pic coming tomorrow after I sew up the bottom of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian-Style Poached Chicken Recipe
How to Make a Sriracha Side Dish with Bok Choy
A Tasty Sashimi Tuna Tostada Appetizer
How to Make Homemade Sushi
5 Traditional Dishes for the Chinese New Year
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...