A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 130986 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010 10:15:28 AM »

I am in! I tried last year but had so many things going on I couldn't manage it. This year is calmer. I have a bunch of yarn balls from odd projects I keep dreaming into a log cabin blanket and lots of fabric and things I've been asked to make! I too have some acryllic I'd like to get rid of so I have room for the more luxurious yarns I own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010 11:46:08 AM »

I definitely need to do this.  I have a whole walk in closet absolutely cram packed, and more "hidden" under my coffee table and in my desk at work.  Not that I mind having that much stuff (she who dies with the biggest stash wins!) but I feel that all those supplies get sad sitting around for years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010 11:50:17 AM »

yea... i think I need in on this one.......my stash is now growing out of one room and into another.....I think I could make stuff for at least a year with out buying anything........... ..I have friends that come "shopping" here instead of the store..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010 12:16:12 PM »

My G-ma and I are kinda doing the same thing.  We decided that with all the projects we are wanting to do we'll just do a specific type a month.  So January is Blanket month (Baby, snuggle, etc) and February is Apron month.   March is pajama month and April is Curtain month. and so forth.   Fortunately we both should be able to mainly work out of the stashes at both our houses... For some reason she constantly is spending part of her's home with me... It's out of control.. Grin

What a GREAT G-ma!
I need this craft-along...Not only do I have way WAY too much fabric, but I also have papercrafting supplies that could equip an entire elementary school!!! The rubber stamps, too, are going to have to be culled, and all the punches ditto, so I can find and use the ones I love, and bless someone else with the extras....

I also need to use up a TON of books for recycling (altered books, book purses, book birdhouses)...even the GARAGE is full of my projects, and they HAVE GOT TO GO!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010 12:39:43 PM »

hello, I just joined whilst looking for inspiration for what to do with my craft supplies which take over a whole room and expand into others.... Im very scared to have found 14 cross stitch projects I didnt even remember starting... endless material, knitting stuff, quilting stuff, card making, model horses, my little pony customs, soft toy making.... doll making...eeeep. I need to use up my stash (or admit defeat and pass it on to someone else). I also have recently bought more craft stuff because I cant find what I already have. Shameful!  So Im VERY glad to have found this thread Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010 01:06:33 PM »

Oh wow, we've got a lot of people.  This should be fun!

For those who are interested in a the themed approach, may I suggest a repeat of last year's?  They seem to have enough variety to fit anyone's stash...

Not that themes are required for posting or anything like that, but I think the idea is that they can provide a little bit of inspiration if you're stuck on what to do with those 27 yards of polka-dots you've been sitting on for three years...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010 01:11:53 PM »

I can't wait to start!!

some ideas:

-ornaments
-scrap afghan (this one is already started)
-stockings

since its january, i still have the xmas bug and i think i will exploit it and use up some stash  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
Goth Mummy

Mundane by day, innane at night....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010 01:34:20 PM »

Ok, I have been sorting through my craft stuff alongside searching crafster Wink I have found a big bag of craft materials my mum gave me. in it is a huge bag of white plastic mesh shapes with holes in (like hearts, circles etc) which initially I thought were for children to do really simple tapestry/longstitch/cross stitch.... but they are way stiffer than normal "stiff" aida.. my husband thinks they are something to do with beads?? I have tried googling the name on the label (says PE shapes) but nothing sensible came up.... if I cant find out what they are then they are going (but where, since I dont know what they are?!) I seriously have to cut down on my craft stuff as its infiltrating every area! If you know what they are and what I can do with them, please let me know so I can reduce my stash!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rinoa1024
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010 01:44:45 PM »

Long-time member, first time poster here!

I've been trying to get a head-start on destashing my yarn since Thanksgiving of '09.  I have three huge plastic storage bins of yarn and have barely made a dent! Sad  I've been knitting small projects from those single balls of yarn that you don't have enough of to knit a big project with (i.e. Shedir and Knucks)

I'm also trying to use up a lot of stashed acrylic (bought with the intention of making a lot of cute amigurumi creatures) by knitting garter stitch blankets on the diagonal for charity.  I'm thinking Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket will be a good base for these blankets.

After all the odd-balls of yarn and acrylic are tackled, I can move on to bigger projects with the larger bunches of yarn. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010 02:20:34 PM »

Goth Mummy- sounds like plastic canvas.

While, I have already started to destash, I have so much it could take me all year, or longer.

Is it bad that I made a fun hat out of cheep yarn to use it up then had to buy a sweater to match it? What is much worse is that I can no longer fit a bed in my room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Katy Perry
How to Draw Homer Simpson
How to Draw Bart Simpson
The Relentless Revolution: Joyce Appleby on the History of Capitalism
Process of Painting a Wolf
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...