A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 171745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1990 on: December 13, 2010 04:15:24 PM »

VampedAngel...I dearly loved your Cardinal(we call them Mr/Mrs.C's 'round here).  Your Grandmom is going to love it, I'm sure.  =]  Your kitty looks like our black 'terrorist' kitty!!  Terrorist of L-o-v=e!, yarn, coffee cream, catnip toys, etc!!

pls. excuse my non crafty pic!

Oh, I have a small stash of Cascade 220, but use Caron for lots of the patterns calling for the Cascade.  I'm stingy that way.  I'll save the good stuff for patterns I know I can do and will make them for special friends w/the good yarn!!  The rest gets given for charity, plus it is softer and less likely to be allergen problematic.

I'm not burned out on the "calios" yet, but will take a break after this last one I'm working on is done.  I'll need to weave in ends and add buttons to my short stack!

rottenlittleboys...sorry to hear about hospice...that's rough.  keep sane w/knitting goodness, it's been therapy for healing from loss this year for me...
I'll be checking out the ravelry goodness you've posted, too!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010 04:31:00 PM by Kittymom13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: December 13, 2010 04:30:21 PM »

Those sorts of headbands are wonderful. You can wear them in so many different temperatures, from just cooling off to really cold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: December 13, 2010 08:13:28 PM »

I was stuffing my Cyber Monday yarn in the huge drawer we have under my king size bed when my hubby walked in!!!  He took one look and said "Oh my god!"  I told him he was not suppose to see that and he turned around and pretended it never happened! Cheesy
I'd say that's true love, Always!
KittyMom:
As for the head scarves, this is new to me. I'd like to see them on! They are real pretty!
Vampedangel; to decrease, just pick up 2 stitches at the same time, and work them like  one stitch, as either Knit or Purl. Increases are a lttle more to explain. To create a hole, as in knitting lace, you use the Yarn Over increase. That's simply wrapping one stitch around the needle.It gets worked in the following row. The other kind of increase is not to make a hole. You just pick up the side of a stitch you just worked with the left needle, and work it a second time. K or P, as needed. I hope that is clear! Just work some small sample pieces, to try it out.
Rottenlittleboys:
My heart goes out to you! Both parents in serious situations! Family comes first! Hang in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1993 on: December 14, 2010 01:27:28 AM »

ok...Calorimetry:  http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

EaSy pattern...no increases/decreases!  There are short rows!  It is THE easiest project working w/them I've done to date...and I've not got a lot of knit experience anyways! 

As for a pic w/ me wearing one...I usually wear headscarves cause I cut my hair so short it is just short...but I'll see about posting a pic when my daughter gets in later this week.  Or just check out the above site...it's got great pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1994 on: December 14, 2010 08:43:26 AM »

Thank you for the info and also the link to an easy pattern. I think I'll try that out after I get stuff made for Christmas. Make one for my mom since she won't mind if it's late.

Last night I started a small thing for my sister but need a frame for it to be done. I'm going to iron it since it's a bit wrinkly too. Pics tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1995 on: December 14, 2010 09:43:46 AM »

I suggest using a size 7 needle...I adjusted the pattern a few years ago...I will go back to it and see if she made changes after all of the complaints! Cheesy

They were running HUGE!!!

I only use the Cascade for special projects as well...I like it because I know how it will felt...I am using it to make a NONI bag for a very dear friend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1996 on: December 14, 2010 02:43:54 PM »

Alwaysinmyroom's suggestion is the same that was given to me at my LYS.  I've gone to size six or smaller depending on the yarn.  =]

Off to finish the quilt top that is still two rows short of being completed!!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: December 14, 2010 04:40:45 PM »

I just destahed a bit of fabric scraps to Pearliepie! Plus a few suprises thrown in.  A nice variety of goodies! Equivelant of a medium flat rate box. I hope she likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1998 on: December 15, 2010 12:42:36 AM »

I just destashed some beads. One of my residents 7yo daughter's nickname is frog so I promissed to make a necklace using a frog lampwork bead to give her for Christmas. I made a simple bracelet for mom as well so she has something to remind her of her daughter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #1999 on: December 15, 2010 03:19:37 AM »

great destashing!  I like getting things together that I won't be using and passing it along!  =]
Great idea w/the beads, too!  That will bring some smiles!
I am hoping next week to get to do some crafting w/my daughter.  If she wants too, while she is visiting for the holiday.  I've got a S-A-N-T-A wooden sign to decoupage, paint, jazz up and glue together among other things, mostly fabric/sewing to play with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Transitioning Summer Fashion Into The Fall
How to Cut Jeans Into Shorts
How to De-Pill a Sweater
Celebrity Style Hacks You Can Use in a Flash
The Prettier Way to Shorten Your Tank Top Straps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...